Revision Rhino, Amazing Results - Bellevue, WA

It really appears that rhino is a very difficult...

It really appears that rhino is a very difficult thing to be good at. There are not many great rhinoplasty surgeons out there and the thing is you don't know who is good and who isn't. After my first mess up I did a lot of research and picked what was the best. You don't want anything but excellence in this case. The subject matter is such that "just good" is not good enough so I went with the best.

I had some reservations with the fact that he tried to set my expectations a bit on the low side (as I was perhaps overly specific and some other surgeons were outright telling me directly what I wanted to hear) but in the end it made the most sense, you don't want someone over-promising.

I had a revision rhino and deviated septum correction surgery after what I consider a messed up primary closed rhinoplasty with a highly regarded LA surgeon with 30 years of experience... It's 2 weeks after the surgery now and the result has already exceeded all my expectations. The columella incision healed so well in 5 days after the stitches were taken off i couldn't see anything at all. I had some concerns about that and couldn't believe it myself. The recovery was actually easier this time around, not sure why, I think the incisions were closed better. There was almost no bleeding even in the first two days. Now I'd definitely strongly advise anybody against closed surgery. There is more swelling from open surgery but it goes down in a couple weeks and on.

My previous surgeon did something strange to my nose so that it appeared kind of OK on the outside but internally all the cartilages were completely asymmetric and displaced. With closed surgery they simply don't see what they are doing.. and often guess.. and just do minor adjustments rather than doing it right. My original surgeon tried to correct a bump by crushing my lateral which in the end turned out to be due to greater alar.. Trust me, you don't want minor adjustments, you want it to be done right.

Also after I talked to 6 different surgeons for revision (LA and Seattle) I listened carefully to the approach they wanted to take and Dr N just made the most sense. In the end he under-promised and over-delivered. Dr N completely rebuilt my nose (as it was a total mess on the inside) and I can feel it's much stronger structurally now (a great thing). Very impressive. I think it also helps if you do your research and understand what you want and communicate it.

Also no matter what you do, choose a surgeon who specializes in Rhino and does lots and lots of it (at least 2000 rhino surgeries under the belt).

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon

Simply put, Dr N is an amazing surgeon.. The entire shop is extremely well run with great attention to detail. Everybody knew what they were doing and were doing it well.