Tummy Tuck - Singelberg Clinic - Belgium

After having my 3 children I was left with a lot...

After having my 3 children I was left with a lot of excess skin on my stomach, which hung down, almost like a flap. I decided to have a tummy tuck, and did a lot of research online to find a reputable surgeon. But the high cost of surgery in the UK meant that my only option was to travel abroad.

Having read lots of reviews from patients who had gone through that same procedure, I found out about a surgeon based in Belgium, who came to London for consultations and check-ups. I met the surgeon in central London for a consult in June 2009. He explained everything I needed to know about the procedure in great detail, spending extra time answering all my questions, and was even responded to my emails after the meeting – which helped me make my own informed decision.

I travelled to Belgium via Eurostar the night before my surgery, and my operation took place early the next morning. The after-care I received in the hospital was excellent, I was worried about language issues, but they all spoke perfect English. I stayed for 2 nights then returned to my hotel where I stayed for a further night. The whole process was so much easier than I ever imagined - even the pain wasn’t as bad as I’d expected. I am extremely happy with the outcome.

I returned to Belgium again to have some liposuction on my thighs and more recently to my buttocks. I now have the figure and shape I’ve always wanted, and would highly recommend this surgeon to anyone considering surgery

I've heard of others going to Belgium for cosmetic procedures. I'm glad this all worked out for you and that you're happy with your results. We'd love to see photos (especially before and afters) if you're comfortable sharing.

Dr Bert Oelbrandt

I recommend Dr O to others because my experiences and the outcome of my surgery and procedures were excellent. And more importantly because the costs were extremely reasonable - even despite travelling abroad. In fact travelling to Belgium was very easy.