Dr Van Den Berge: Face, Neck, Brow, Eyes & Laughlines Laser! -Belgium

Hi girls!! I'm six months after my facelift with...

Hi girls!! I'm six months after my facelift with Dr Van Den Berge and Dr Vermeulen.

I got an extended MACS lift which includes upper. lower bleph, brows, the MACS lift itself and the neck. Only posting photos now!! :)

Oh yeah, I chose them cos' thats where the MACS lift was invented. Cost 10000 euros which is like 13000 dollars. Great, great doc and clinic but I'm all wrote out now so more later, promise!!!! :D

MY diary part 1

So so so happy to read your comments and get your thank yous!!! :)))) I'm going to add bits of my stroy when I can but I can't do it all in go so please, please be patient !!

girls, I'd tried some fillers and some botox and after a while I realize they won’t work anymore. Natural or unnatural, they don’t last.

My diary part 2

One of the big things I was wondering before the op was what to say when I’m back. I’d though about saying I’ve been working out and taking loads of vitamins and green shakes and doing yoga and pilates and maybe also that I’ve been fasting and detoxing like mad.

Now I’m six months post op and I know what it’s really like. People who know you, they don’t say anything, that you’re looking really good, they kind of just look, at least in my case. In the early days, like after two weeks, they said you can see it is going to be very beautiful, they didn’t say yet, how beautiful but they said it is going to be really beautiful!

My diary part 3

Thanks so much for your comments and sorry I haven't been writing!! I'll be here more often now, promise!

@Ruz888, yes, three months was when it all started really looking great!! You gott tobe patient!

@susan022 OK!! I've got a side-by-side photo. Here it is. I didn't wait that long to go out in public though. My husband works for a sports team and there are a lot of people who come there and after two weeks he needed someone to work so I worked there, behind the counter and the women, I mean, there was still swelling, I mean the people who didn’t know me wouldn’t see it but the people who know me, I thought they’d ask me, what happened?

And you know what happened? The women didn’t ask a thing and one or two men who I knew really well came up to me and asked, what happened to you? This was after two weeks when the swelling was still there (but mostly gone).

men in general always said, you look very well, in fact after the first two weeks when there was still swelling and it was a little bit blue, men I knew very well would say, it’s going to look really good, men I didn’t know didn’t say anything. The men I knew and who I told I’d had work done said, you can see it’s going to be beautiful. ?

It’s not just that you look younger, that was not my only goal. I’ll always tell people my age if they ask but also what I want is that people look at me and they say, you look very well.

It’s also that if you feel more secure about yourself, you stand up straight and you look, well before the op, perhaps you’re a little bit shy or you hold yourself back and now after the op, I’m there and feeling right and other people can just feel it. I’m not afraid to look at people.

It started a lot earlier when I realised that I wanted to do something. People always said to me you look good for your age but I finally realised that I did this thing of always looking into the mirror into my own face STRAIGHT ON and so it made me think, oh, no, it’s ok, it always looks like I’m 45, no problem, but then one day they made a video of me for an interview and they took a shot of me from the side, that was when I really saw my profile for the first time and when I saw that, I was like, NO! That's when I knew.

I’d already had a few pictures from holidays which I didn’t like and I used to just delete them and think, oh no, just a bad camera angle or the wrong picture or I wasn’t feeling well, or I wasn’t smiling in the picture but when I watched the video of that interview, I was thinking, no, that’s not my face anymore.

I realised it was really going fast now, over two years time I saw so many things happen in my face, I was thinking no and it's the neck where you really see it (if you're brave enough to look!) The Neck is really important, I thought but also the eyes, brow, cheeks and, some filler where it needs to go. Not too risky like a SMAS and not gone after a few months like a filler. So an extended MACS lift is what I chose. Especially when I saw a friend that Dr Van Den Berge and Dr Vermeulen had treated, they did the new techniques with the MACS lift, I was thinking, this is something I have to do. OK I'll write more later!!!!
Dr Van Den Berge

Absolute rockstar!!!

Your "decision point" sounds a lot like mine... looking at myself straight on in the mirror I had no problem, but candid photos that showed my profile freaked me out. At first I thought "it's just an unflattering photo" but then I finally got a hand mirror and looked at my own profile and I knew it was time. Anyway you look terrific - thanks so much for your post!!
I went through the very same thing when I looked at pictures of myself. As you stated, the new confidence is such a beautiful feeling. I am very happy for you!!!
Excellent results.......wishing you well.
Congrats, I would love to see the side by side of your before and after. You look lovely !
Congratulations on feeling and looking good! I am 6 weeks post op and still have quite a bit of swelling. I've been told to wait 3-6 to start seeing final results. At 3 months, did you see the swelling go down to make a difference? Ruz
Yes!!! I think it was at 3 months that the real result started to come out. I'll put some photos up. Sorry for such a late reply!!!
Hi Maychick, Thanks for your reply! You look GREAT!!!! Today, I made the 3 month mark, and the swelling has gone down, but not all the way. For example, I see swelling in the cheeks and jaw line. When I touch the jaw are it feels soft, not the way it felt prior to the surgery. Another question: Did you see a big difference at 4 months or 6 months. All the doctors say that at 6 months most people experience 90-100% swelling reduction. Thanks, Ruz
Great job...enjoy!
looking good girl.......well done.

Thank you so much for sharing your photos! We'd love to know more about your recovery when you find a few minutes to write about it. :)

Thanks, you look great. It was so helpful or me to see the photos. .