Happy As Can Be - Belgium

I'll make my review simple. I'm posting...

I'll make my review simple. I'm posting for all my European ladies 'cause I haven't been able to find any on here.

My breast were droopy and burdensome plus I'd found some fibroids that although were deemed harmless by my gyno, I still wanted them out. So the procedure consisted of a reduction,lift and fibroid removal.

I'm into my second wk. my operation date was on the 31 Aug., and I'm feeling great!

I had no need of drips, pain medications after leaving the hospital after only a 24h stay.

I've had weak and dizzy moments but that's apart of recovery. I take small slow walks and I'm healing fantastically with weekly visits to my doctor's office to check progress. My follow up visit will be on 19th Sept' to have the nurse do her routine check, maybe I'll be able to go bandage free.

My sutures fall out themselves so I'm looking less Frankenstein like :).

In 6 wks. my doctor will check my overall progress.

Dr. Robin Van Look

Doctor was reassuring in every way and very thorough. His office manager not so polite, but I am in Belgium. Nurse, professional and helpful.

Roseymountain your results are wonderful, do u know how man grams of tissue was removed from each breast?
Thanks ladies for all the lovely comments. And indeed Kimmers, I would suggest any woman with breast like mine were shouldn't be afraid of at least getting a consultancy if they're unhappy. So it's a pleasure for me to post my personal experience.

Connie W, I haven't had any issues at all apart from my own paranoia stemming from how over-protective I've become. E.g I went to a small outdoor food market yesterday, and I still find myself shielding my breast from anyone who come close as people generally do in a market.

I do have the occasional urge to itch, but I have an allergy tablet approved by my PS that I take each day and that eliminates it completely.

I wear a full body top so I have good support and feel overall comfortable.

I haven't been doing any task at all thanks to some really good friends. No bending or stretching even to put my shoe on.

I can lift things under about 3kg now, and open doors at times. I tried cooking for the first time last night, I did well but felt dizzy at the end and rested and was alright after about 5 min.

Although I have the go ahead to shower, I don't i don't like the idea of having to regularly change my bandages or blow drying them if they get wet. So I just wash up with my antibacterial soap and use wet wipes as needed.

Although I can drink alcohol already (not on pain meds since wk 1) I don't, and I don't smoke either! Not sure if that's why I'm having no problems and is healing rapidly. If I am outdoors exposed to passive smoke, I rub a bit of chiroxy around the breast area.

I have extreme sensations in both my breast and nipples, although the right nipple is lagging behind the left but it's still early days yet.

Lastly, I'm still flashing myself in the mirrors (at home):D and I've planned to go outdoors for tonight and tomorrow. I have to get back to normal routine before the end of the month so I hope I'll continue to improve in the same trend.

Happy Weekend
WOW. You look amazing, like a different person. I'm 9 days post-op. Enjoy them!

Welcome to RealSelf!  You had the same pre op breasts that I did:(

You look amazing and I am so glad you joined us.  Keep us up to date on your healing process.

Thank you for sharing your journey and pictures with all the ladies

Hugs

Rosey, You look amazing -- what a difference! Doesn't it feel great. I know what you mean about the mirror! I've kind of become self-absorbed with my appearance now. I peek at them every chance I get and have to feel them frequently to see how they are changing and softening. It is unbelievable!
lol yeah; I pull my support bra down each time I cross a mirror the differences for me are drastic.

Sure, I'll be looking up on your's too, I'm sure they're gonna look marvelous! not much to do during recovery either. This site's been useful for moments like when thought I felt a stitch popping out,and freaked :)

But just be confident in your doc, if he says it's possibly then trust him. The last thing I remembered before going under the meds is my doctor's reassuring eyes while he told me a lame joke which I strangely remember finding funny at the time :D
Well I feel great and yes I keep looking at myself in the mirror. Trying not to do to much, I have OCD (just a little bit).
Thanks. I probably wont be able to stop looking in the mirror for a while. My PS said that going down to a C cup shouldn't be to hard, but we will see tomorrow. Keep us posted and I will be writing my reviews after surgery.
I was a 38D+ US size and 85D/E European size.

Now they are a full C that sits beautifully in C cup bra, woot, woot! But I'm still wearing my restraints (maternity bra support).

Good luck! When you wake up, perhaps a bit disoriented, but you'll feel a difference on your chest immediately and each time you go to pee, which will be frequent.

Will take some getting used to initially, I'm still making efforts to walk upright with the new balance of my breast.

No regrets for me at all!
What size were you before surgery and what will you be now? I think they look pretty good for just having the surgery a couple weeks ago. I have mine tomorrow morning.
They look great,im hoping to have my reduction soon as the insurance says they will pay.Im a little scared,so did you have any problems. You looked like you healing pretty fast