Flappy Arms Are Gone - Bel Air, MD

I had my brachioplasty done 4 months ago. I am...

I had my brachioplasty done 4 months ago. I am extremely happy with the results.

The worst part of the whole ordeal were the drains and the swelling. The drains were only in for about 1 week and the swelling lasted about 4 weeks before it wasn't noticable anymore. The pain was very mild.

Yes, I have a scar down the inside of both arms, but I was aware of it going into this procedure, and like my doctor said, you have to be willing to trade off the flappy skin for the scar. My doctor did a fantastic job of placing the scar on the underside of my arms, and unless I raise my arms, you can't see the scar.

Photo Update

Photo Update

Bel Air Plastic Surgeon

Dr. H is a very caring compassionate doctor. With my initial consulatation, he took the time to answer all my questions and concerns. I booked my procedure right away, and I was scheduled for surgery the next month. Dr. H called me the evening before surgery to ask if I had any last minute questions or concerns, and he also called me the evening of my surgery to see how I was feeling. I have had alot of surgeries in my life, but I have never had a doctor take the time to personally call to check up on me like that, and I was extremely impressed with the fact that Dr. H took the time to do this. I have never had any problem getting appts. with him, or getting any questions answered. I had one concern after my procedure and I called his office about it. He personally called me back within 5 minutes and had me come right into his office to get checked out. It turned out to be nothing, but he showed me that he would find the time to check it out and ease my worries. I have a tummy tuck procedure coming up with Dr. H in September, and I would strongly recommend him to anyone who is looking for the one of those doctors who truly cares about his patients and their well being.

Amazing you almost can not see the scar post 2 years, great job!
Armpit only? My armpit was cut but also the entire upper arm. Can you give more specifics?
Hi, I am having an arm lift in July. My surgeon says the incision will be in the armpit. Has anyone had this particular procedure? Please let me know and you have pictures to send, wow even better.
Could you give me the doctor's name and address. Is the cost the same for all people?
Hi lovelyme!
The name of the doctor is Dr. Hofheinz, Klinik am Rhein in Düsseldorf . His telephone nr. is 0049 (0) 211 55028780.

It is now 3 months later and I am amazed that there is hardly any trace of a scar on my arms. He has done an amazing job. Top of the top. My arms look so good, so natural and no sign of a scar as also he did the surgery on the under part of my arm so thatt it cant be seen from the side or the back. One great doctor. I can hightly reccomend him. He called me every day the first days when I couldnt raise my right arm to see how I was. Now that is also past news. Everything is fine with my right arm. He is very trustworthy and you have a good feeling of being really in excellent hands. You will have to make your price with him. I had lasern on my face, neck and decollete done at the same time so that I think he gave me a special price for the arms.
By the way, the lasern is awesome too. My skin looks really 10 years younger. Amazing!
Wish you all the best!
Is there a way I can call you? I am having this done in August and have so many questions. I want to speak to someone who has had recent experience.
Hallo Cindy and other armlifter!!, It is now 15 days after OP and today I am just starting to feel a little bbetter. Have had a lot of pain, today the first day without pain killes, have taken up until now every day 4 -5 Ibruprofen 600 that is a lot and now my doctor has changed since 4 days to Diklofinac 3 times a day and in the evening Musaril (Tetrzapam) It has been a hard two weeks, not being able to move much without pain. I have had problems with the mobility of my right arm with numbness in my hand and in the fingers and not being able to raise my arm. The doctor said it is not normal and has made an appointment for me on Mon at a neurologist to see if the brachialis plexus nerve has been hurt or damaged through the haematome. It has been a great worry for me not being able to play the piano or do much with my right arm or fingers, very scary. It seems though since the new medication to be improving but still not like my left hand. My doctor is sure that there is no remaining damage.

The incision wounds look absolutely awfu, i mean well sown und no infection but with lot`s of bruising on the arms because of the liposuction I imagine but the arms look great. so I just hope the right arm will get back to normal soon and the numbness in fingers and hand reside and the pain stays away.

I had absolutely no energy or power the whole 14 days, had to sleep a lot just to keep the arms still to not allow too much pain. Just like you feel after youve had a child or something strenuous. I was very weak. Every move was painful on the incisions. I guess every one is different and every one has a different pain threshold. Anyways it looks now like things are looking up and I guess one cannot forget this is a big OP with full anesthesia which weakens your whole body for a while. No one should underestimate an operation of this kind. i was in desperate need of help the first 10 days with the changing of the bandages and taking on and off the compression garment...shopping, household, cooking. I also found it hard to being more or less confined to my apartment the last 2 and half weeks. As I had the C02 lasern of face, neck chest and hands, I was even more hampered and was not allowed to out in the sun and we have had only sun here the last 2 weeks.

First day today without bandages on the incisions just silicon gel and the compression garment which makes me so itchy so I take it off in the day time for an hour or so. Will be glad when I dont have to wear it any more. But that will be in another month!

Will try to send some pictures soon. Hope all of you who have just had the OP will recoup soon and to hang in there, it can only get better! Patience is the key! and next summer I now look forward to my beautiful arms!
Cindy, I am scheduled for an arm lift and TT in December. I am a bit anxious about having both procedures at the same time. I see you had both,do you think it is reasonable to have them together?
Hi Cindy,
so I am 6 day post op of upper arm lasern active fx obn face, neck, chest and hands. Facem looks very good and has healed quickly: today I look normal, swelling almost gone, brand new rosy skin and very smooth.

As far as my arms are concerned, still have some pain and swelling but I am wondering if you had the problem of not being able to raise an arm. My right arm is not able to raise a cup of coffee to my mouth and cannot raise my arm very high, I cant raise it at all. The left arm is fine. I was at my doctor on Fri, 2 days ago for the first look after the op and he said everything looked fine, no infection (without drains) and he said it would go away. I am hoping but a little worried if a nerve has been blocked or something.

Will let you all know how it develops. I am tryig not to use my arms too much. Talk to you later and look forward to hearing from you.
Jazzlady,
That all sounds pretty normal to me. I was only able to raise my arms just barely up to my shoulder level...if that far. I remember sitting at the table trying to eat and having to bend over to reach the fork because I couldn't lift it any further. And I needed help getting clothes on and off because of that too. The numbness is also normal. It is a very weird feeling. I had it in my left arm only, but it was a nerve and I am fine now...no numbness at all. So, this all sounds normal to me. Just keep your doctor informed of all your concerns. Good luck and keep in touch with us on how you are feeling.
Hi Cindy,
i am thrilled about your results with your arm o.p. I am going to have it done next Monday and am scared. How long were you not able to get out of bed after the O.P.? i mean you weren´t able to do any houswork or go out for a while were you? I am also going to do a Activ FX lasern on my face, neck, chest and hands. So I dont know how flexible I will be to move my arms or hands to take care of the face. How long did it take before you could shower? How long were not able to work I mean really work normally? Was there any pain after 2 weeks? When did you get the drains out? Sorry i have somany questions. I am so excited about your results. and the skar is the thing I have been so afraid of but yours doesnt look bad at all! Great! Look forward to hearing from you. Greetings from Germany!
I was not confined to bed at all. I was able to get in and out of bed with no problems. I was also able to go out of the house, but I did not drive myself. The only thing I really couldn't do was any housework or lifting and carrying anything more than 5 pounds. After 2 weeks I was fine, and I really didn't have much pain at all. The first couple days were the hardest. My drains came out after a week. Honestly, this procedure is not as bad as you might think. I was really nervous about it too, but I am so glad I did it. Now I won't say that it is a breeze for everyone who has it done, some people out there have a lot of problems afterwards. I don't know if I was one of the lucky ones or what, but I had no problems at all. I did experience so numbness and tingling down the inside of my lower arm, but that is normal from the nerves being messed with. The main thing is to be sure you are comfortable with your doctor. Look at some before and after pictures of work he has done. Ask all of the questions you might have about this procedure ahead of time and when you think you are done...ask some more. A good doctor will do everything they possible can to make you feel at ease, and answer every single possible question you might have before you go into the operating room. Just remember that it will take some time for the swelling to go down and you really won't see the scar starting to fade until atleast a year from now. As for me, I can hardly even see the scar now and it's been 2 years now. Good luck to you and relax...I'm sure you will be fine.
Cindy is the pain escrutiating? I am getting close to my procedure and worry so much about post op pain more than anything. I also worry about the anxiety that I will have on the day of the surgery. I'm a wimp!
Thanks Cindy!
So far it has been easy. Saw my ps yesterday. He said I am not out of the woods yet. I am sooooo afraid of having something open up on me. I've been diligent in my bandage changes etc. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Hi Lisa - well I am 4 day's po my arm lift. So far it's been a breeze! My surgery went well - my arms weren't really bad. The Dr didn't even put drains in. No swelling in my forearms or hands at all! He placed the incision right at the bottom of my arm. If I hold my arm out to the side you can't see the scar from the front or the back. I literally have to hold my arm straight up in the air for anyone to see it. I am thrilled with my results!!!!
Sounds like you are doing great LMull....congrats on a successful surgery, and no drains, WOW, recovery should be a breeze for you.
Hi LMull Did you have the arm lift because of large weight loss? How come you did not have to have the drains? Also like the way your incisions were made since you did not receive obvious scars. Could you tell me what doctor performed your surgery and his/her location as well as the cost. Thank you
Lisa, I am a few months away from the procedure. I am very thin and toned but my arms are showing my age. Dr. said I do not need Lypo. What is the post op pain like?
My surgery was in May and I still have swelling and sorness near the elbow area.
Thanks so much Cindy!
Very excited about my surgery Friday. I don't think I am even close to being as nervous as I was with my VTL. I am still having swelling in my ankles with that one. Each week it does lessen. I was in Vegas over the weekend with clients and walking and on my feet all day for two days so they swelled but much less than it's been so making steady but slow progress.
The only other thing that I can think of when it comes to being prepared, is to have things you might need within arms reach, you won't be able to reach up with your arms to get something off a shelf or lift anything more than 5 pounds, so that can of soup that is wayyy up there on that top shelf that you might want for lunch....get it down now.
Clothes that are easy to get in and out of, and someone to help you change would be helpful. I honestly did not have any problems taking care of bathroom needs or personal hygiene stuff...might have taken me a little longer than usual, but I did it on my own, although I did need help washing my hair. This surgery really was not that bad when it came to the pain or the healing. Be prepared for swelling issues and your arms looking horrible for awhile, but trust me, after the drains come out, and the swelling goes down and the scar starts to fade, you will very happy you did this. Good luck.
Hi Cindy, I am going in for my arms on 9/2. Are there any "special items" I should be preparing for?
Any information you can provide to me would be greatly appreciated. I am 3 mos po a VTL - thought I had planned well for that and come to find out wasn't even close. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.
I had to strip my drains (some call it milking the drains). It helps to keep the fluid flowing freely thru the tube and helps to pull out any small clots of blood that might otherwise plug up the drains. It is much easier to do if you have someone to help you. You just hold the end of the drain that is attached at your arm (usually where it bends at) with your thumb and index finger while taking your other thumb and index finger and running it down the length of the drain tube. By doing this, it's like you are pulling the bad stuff out of your arm and forcing it down the tube into the drain. If you don't get this stuff out, it will clog your drain tube and you will start to get the fluid coming out of your arm where the tube comes out, instead of going thru the tube itself. It is much easier to strip it down if you put some lotion on your fingers first (they will just slide right down the tube). Hope this helps, and good luck.