Flappy Arms Are Gone - Bel Air, MD

I had my brachioplasty done 4 months ago. I am...

I had my brachioplasty done 4 months ago. I am extremely happy with the results.

The worst part of the whole ordeal were the drains and the swelling. The drains were only in for about 1 week and the swelling lasted about 4 weeks before it wasn't noticable anymore. The pain was very mild.

Yes, I have a scar down the inside of both arms, but I was aware of it going into this procedure, and like my doctor said, you have to be willing to trade off the flappy skin for the scar. My doctor did a fantastic job of placing the scar on the underside of my arms, and unless I raise my arms, you can't see the scar.

My scars have blended in quite well to the rest of my arm. Now don't get me wrong, you can still tell there are scars down my arms, but they aren't puffy or swollen anymore, and the redness has disappeared. If I had a choice on my wedding day, I would have the scars showing rather than the flappy arms. Good luck.
I experienced some slight numbness on the inside of my lower arms right after the surgery (and I wasn't even cut there), but it's been a year now and I don't have any numbness at all. Some numbness is to be expected since nerves are being cut, but I never did have any in the hands or fingertips.
Thanks for sharing your experience! How are your scars now? I am considering having this done in January and will be getting married in July. I'm debating whether it's worth the risk of having a huge red scar at my wedding or having the "flappy" arms that I have now!

Photo Update

Looking good Cindy! Like you, I can't wait for summer... I have not had on sleeveless clothes in over 30 years!
Cindy - any updated photos? Glad to hear you are doing well.

Thanks for the update, Cindy. Wow, what a difference. Did the incisions heal well?

Photo Update

I need this arm lift, breast reduction, muffin top removal, scar revision over pelvic area from tummy tuck scar shrinkage, lipo on thighs, or thigh lift. Is any covered by insurance, and can you give me a ballpark estimate for cost, anesthesia (general) and any recovery hotel and nurse for 1-2 days. I know cost is difficult to estimate, but ballpark low to high would be appreciated. I live in Riverside County and travel for consultations is difficult. Also, cost of consultation if not free. Thank you!
He seems to be the most reasonable Dr who isn't just plain money hungry and still does great work!!!!
Bel Air Plastic Surgeon

Dr. H is a very caring compassionate doctor. With my initial consulatation, he took the time to answer all my questions and concerns. I booked my procedure right away, and I was scheduled for surgery the next month. Dr. H called me the evening before surgery to ask if I had any last minute questions or concerns, and he also called me the evening of my surgery to see how I was feeling. I have had alot of surgeries in my life, but I have never had a doctor take the time to personally call to check up on me like that, and I was extremely impressed with the fact that Dr. H took the time to do this. I have never had any problem getting appts. with him, or getting any questions answered. I had one concern after my procedure and I called his office about it. He personally called me back within 5 minutes and had me come right into his office to get checked out. It turned out to be nothing, but he showed me that he would find the time to check it out and ease my worries. I have a tummy tuck procedure coming up with Dr. H in September, and I would strongly recommend him to anyone who is looking for the one of those doctors who truly cares about his patients and their well being.