Breast Lift and Mascetomy in 7 Weeks - Bedford Heights, OH

I have read most of the posts and feel alot better...

I have read most of the posts and feel alot better about the excruiating pain associated with each expansion. I was diagnosed initially in Oct 2010, having the fills were uncomfortable needless to say but a few days on vicodin usually helped. I went in for my switch and lift on Oct 22, 2011 ( there was confusion about scheduling my surgery) The surgery went well and I was very pleased with results. I did have some discomfort, but the vicodin was enough to sustain it.... So 2 weeks later I go to have drains removed and the doctor tells me that the tissue removed from my left breast contained cancer! Wow... I had to have another mascetomy on Dec 12, 2011. The PS add some fill to the expander and everything seem to be like the first time. Wow.. was I wrong.... the first fill went well no pain at all and I was thrilled thinking this would not be difficult at all. Boy, was I wrong. Every 2 weeks I am scheduled to have 60 cc put in the expander, It is the worse pain I have ever had in my life. The vicodin no longer worked, I was just in agony for 3-4 days after the fills. I don't know how many more fills I need, I will ask the doctor today. I don't know if getting 30cc will help or missing an appointment will help or going ahead and finishing the fills with 60cc. I explained to my PS about the pain and because I am allergic to percocet, he prescrbed nyucinta 75mg. Yes it works... knocks the pain right out, however it is a strong narcotic and makes me loopy. I can't drive or anything when I am on it. I want to finish as quickly as possible, and if I am going to have the pain regardless, I am thinking about allowing him to continue with the 60cc. Just really wondering, has anyone had a mascetomy after a breast lift? I cannot find any information. I think that is the cause of the pain,,, it hurts in the front and the back. My chest wall may still be in the healing stages. My mascetomy was done 7 weeks after my breast lift and implant exchange for the righ breast. Hope I have explained my situation... any help would be appreciated. The right breast implant did not have this much pain. Please help, if you can.

Brock Generalovich

Sorry, responded on my phone LOL Oh my goodness, thank you for responding... what you say here makes alot of sense to me. I have experienced a lot of trauma. I will keep this is mind as I continue my fills. Things seem better already, the last fill was tolerable! I have started massaging the area and it has helped alot! I will begin gentle streching and exersicing soon. Wish me luch and you have no idea how thankful I am for your response! Please keep in touch Beverly
First surgery was in Jan. for stage2 dcis... I didn't need chemo or radiation. I went through the expander phase and my switch and lift was done on Oct.22. The results from the lift showed signs of early breast cancer. On Dec 22, I had a mascetomy on the left breast wih expanders. This time is sooo painful when I get the fills. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. The right breast with the implant is fine, no pain at all. The left breast is usually in constant pain. If you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi Bedford,

I am sure 2011 is a year you would like to forget... but your body has not forgotten. Thinking about all the trauma you endured in such a short period, it makes sense you would still be very uncomfortable. Provided you are keeping your care team updated through regular visits and communication as well as, taking very good care of yourself, it seems like this is just part of the healing process. Have you been given the green light to do gentle stretching and massage in the affected area? Scar tissue formation can cause excrutiating pain. Happy to share some successful (in my case) behaviors for your reading pleasure...let me know.

xo, Beverly

Ih my goodness thank you for responding glad ti know someine understands.yes I hope to forget 2011 not a good year for me I can now start a few exercises..I hope that helps... Plan to keep myself busy when I can

You have persevered through a lot! I'm a bit confused, your first surgery was suppose to be a breast lift and switching out one implant, then that is when they found the cancer, is that right?