So Worth It! - So Worth It!

My family has a tendency towards heavy brows and...

My family has a tendency towards heavy brows and lids (i.e. basset hound) which I have inherited. I have aunts and uncles who had blephs, but I am younger and I didn't want to have surgery quite yet, so I explored other options over the past few years (ie acupuncture and ulthera). However, these treatments really did nothing to resolve the issue in any way and I truly wish I would have not spent that money in the first place.

With the encouragement of a friend, I went in for a consult and had the procedure last week. I can't tell you how easy it has been for me; I am six days out from the procedure and have minimal bruising and am no longer swoolen. I've taken a total of three Tylenol over the past week, as the pain has been nearly non-existent. I followed the Dr.'s instructions and took arnica and bromelin pre and post-op, and I did lots of icing. I haven't been so great about sitting still as I was supposed to....let's not tell him that. But even so, I am only slightly bruised and I will get my stitches out tomorrow.

I could tell a difference immediately, even with crusty, swoolen, post-op eyes. I don't really look any *different* -- my intent wasn't to look like JLo -- but over the past week I noticed that I haven't been scrunching and squinting from all that extra skin that was hanging over my eyes; I have a feeling that this is going to reduce some of my tension headaches. Of course, that is just my personal theory, but I sticking with it.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

I was referred to Dr. Magilke by another doctor who was booked up -- and it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened. Dr. Magilke is warm, personable, listens during the appointments and really takes the time to understand his patients' needs. I was so nervous about this procedure but the doctor and his amazing staff put me completely at ease. I am super pleased, and I am thrilled with my doctor, who was kind, personable, and an amazing surgeon. Everyone I dealt with in his office was incredible. I am thrilled with the results, and I would recommend him to anyone. I am so thankful that I chose the right doctor!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, Sera. I have heavy lids as well (though maybe not quite like a Basset hound! :) so seeing other people get good results gives me the motivation to do it too... Hopefully some day!