The Worst Mistake of My Life So Far - Bay Harbor Islands, FL

I found Dr Michael Salzhauer online and his...

I found Dr Michael Salzhauer online and his recommendation on his website were persuading. I flew from to Miami, FL because it was cheaper there than where I live. I paid for rhinoplasty and liposuction, and since having liposuction I have not lost any weight, I wear the same size clothes but my back is flatter and my butt appears bigger but nothing else. I asked for liposuction to my stomach, arms and back, when I awoke after surgery my thighs, lower stomach and back were done. I was so pissed that they didn't do as I had asked, and when I asked for a refund, I was only given $700. To top off my surgeries I have one nostril that is smaller than the other. It has been such a depressing experience. I thought I would at least be a dress size smaller, I have been watching what I eat and I'm only two pounds smaller. I should have known things weren't going to go well, because when I arrived the staff was rude, they were nice to me in the beginning and then once I paid they became MIA.

Before Surgery

Before Surgery

Post Surgery

Miami Plastic Surgeon

Sorry that you aren't happy with your results :-( Sounds like the doctor didn't tell you what to expect afterwards... I'll be having liposuction as well but my doctor told me that I should be at or close to my ideal weight because lipo only shapes the body. It is not a way to lose weight
wow sis.... how are u?
Hope you are getting to fall in love with your new nose. I'm 6 weeks post op & there's still visible swelling at the tip of my nose. But even with the swelling my nose looks 110% better. Everyday I fall in love with it's evolving shape. Unfortunately Rhino can take up to a year or more to see the final results so please be patient & don't be to quick in getting a revision. Meanwhile use that time to research how long it takes to see the final results. You will then see that's still too early in the game to take any drastic measures. Best of luck :)
Thanks for the pics.... I think you shld talk to dr.salz about your concerns.i see someone posted from his office.
Thank you for posting the pics. I do see the asymmetry in your nostril however I honestly from the bottom of my heart love your nose. I think it's beautiful. I also know we are our worst critics and it doesn't matter if 100 ppl tell you how nice it is the only opinion that matters is your own. I did a little inspection of all the noses in my house and all 5 of us have slightly different sized nostrils. None of our nostrils match perfectly. I think that's how most people are (?). I'm so sorry you are going through this and I pray everything works out for you.
I am sorry you are not pleased with your results. From my brief experience with Dr. Salzhauer and staff they are reasonable and willing to make things right. Contact them and express your concerns. Good luck hun.
Honestly your nose looks swollen but better then in the post op picture. Seems you may have some unrealistic expectations. In any event I say speak to the doctor and try to get a happy median.
I'm sorry you're unhappy trust me it does suck when you aren't satisfied. Hopefully when your comfortable with the outcome of your results you will be able to post the pics you feel will render clarification towards your review. Is this the first time he performed a sx on you, if so are you that uncomfortable in letting him revise his work? Plastic surgery is not as black n white as we wish sometimes revisions are needed.....I'm going through my own issues but I'm trying to be patient because time is needed to see the final outcome...... it's a big decision to go under the knife and I hope you heal to the point where you do not have the need to go again....sometimes time helps us accept our imperfections and keep it moving so that we're able to focus on other things at times as females we are our worst critics......good luck and heal soon.....
Hey...this is Rosy Zion, just for the record, I want everyone to know that I am Dr. Salzhauer's office manager. I am so sorry you are unhappy with your results. I urge you to be patient, it takes months before you see the final results from this type of surgery. You can call our office at any time to discuss your concerns-- you even have my personal cell phone number so you can reach me any time day or night. We want you to be happy honey! It is so important to Dr. Salzhauer that if we need to refine your surgery, there is no charge. We aren't perfect, after all we are only human, but I want you to know our only goal is to see you beautiful and fully satisfied. :)
Now that's what I call customer service
I was really hoping we got a response to this review from Dr. Salzhauer's office. So, thank you Rosy. I'm very sorry our fellow sis didn't get the results she wished for. None of us want to be the one in her position and it is always a very real possibility. With that being said this response from Salz office really says a lot about how much he wants his patients to be happy (in my opinion). Crunchand munch, my heart really does go out to you. I haven't been able to get your story out of mind. I truly hope this works out for you and you get the look you love.
This is so unfortunate to hear, because I can't even imagine the office staff being rude, they are the nicest and most attentive group I have seen thusfar, and Dr. S....is very caring and it there is an issue, he will address it. Not saying your concern is not legitamate, because there is nothing worst then not getting what you want and paying for it, but please be patient....and I wish you the best...sad to hear!
Yes I agree wonderfull customer service!!!
Wow ...excellent customer service
I will definitely keep you in my prayers. It's hard when we save up money to do these procedures the top not be fully satisfied. I believe that even if there are many people that have a great outcome it doesn't mean that every single person will have that same experience. I wish you well and a fast recovery, I hope that you can get whatever you want fixed. In my opinion I like your nose I think it looks good, but I'm the same way, I notice everything that I don't like on myself.
To not** correction
Wow I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. Although I went to him and I think I've been pretty pleased thus far. I agree with what some of the ladies on here have said about waiting it out to get your final results. I have seen mixed reviews about is nose jobs but I'm not lying to you your nose looks amazing to me. I looked at your pic like wow he gave you a really cute nose! But I do know that your the one that has to live with it. Sometimes others can be very critical esp. If you tell them about your surgery so you have to me very careful with that. This Is Already A Very Stressful Time For Us Ladies Who Are Trying To Recover And People Can Be A Bit INSENSITIVE. As far as the lipo I think it would be great for u to post it but I also understand that since you are not happy with the results you don't really want to. Ladies I think we should be aware of this and be a little more understanding. Hopefully you get the results that you wanted. Just give a little more time. Happy healing and best wishes
thanks for posting the post surgery photos. it's difficult to be sure ,but from what I can see from your photos your new nose looks very nice and seems to go with your face nicely! it's hard to tell from the photo but nostrils looks good. if they are a little different, a person would have to be inspecting/looking up your nose to tell any difference. Was your nose done with surgery or with fillers?
From the pics I think your nose looks good. Final results from a rhinoplasty take months, don't stress yourself out it's too soon one thing we have to be prepared to do after sx is have patience. Healing takes time.
Sorry about your unsatisfactory results. when you are comfortable I hope you post after photos. You paid a significant amount and are not happy with any of the results, that's awful. Were your fat transferred to your butt? I am wondering why they lipo'd your thighs when that was not in your request.
I'm sorry you aren't happy with your results. I agree with a few other posts that pre and post op pics would be helpful for anyone considering him. I know it's not easy posting pics of yourself that you are uncomfortable with. Thank you for sharing your experience. I think we all want to hear the good and the bad that way we can make an informed decision. Good luck on your revision. I hope you get the results you wish for.
Yea I find it hard to believe, where's the pre & post pics?
I don't think anyone's nostrils r identical looking at my own they look similar to yours and I've never had any work to my nose.
If someone pointed out to you that one of your nostrils was larger than the other I think most people wouldshare my frustration. We are of course more critical of our features but when you pay money you expect to be satisfied.
I am not sure what you are trying to imply; are you asserting that I am lying?