Happy Days Ahead? - Bay Area, CA

Ok, so here I go. I'm a 47 year old mother of two,...

Ok, so here I go. I'm a 47 year old mother of two, both c-section. Unhappy my whole life with my belly. had my first child young and never lost the stretch marks or belly hang. I went for three consults, all said I should do tummy tuck. I can't take two weeks off work and am scared of recovery, so I'm opting for lipo. I figure in 6 months if Im still unhappy, I can do tummy tuck. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's experiences and it's helped prepare me for this. I'm still nervous about recovery. I've had my Pre-op and my surgery is set for October 12. I will post Pre and post op pictures once I figure out how.

Hey soontobesmall...if u go to ur profile page and then hit update...from their u can add ur pic's....its actually quite simple...how u doing otherwise...are u readddy??? lol...cant wait to see how u do....talk soon Sharon
My preop appt for upper and lower abs as well as a procedure my doc offers called TummyTite is 10/11. My stomach looks like yours, would love to hear how everything goes. Good luck!
Good luck. My pre-op appointment is on oct 9. Please do post pictures. My tummy looks just like yours.

It's the night before my surgery. I started the...

It's the night before my surgery. I started the arnica and bromelian. Apparently I take those for a week. I have my cephalax, Ativan, anti-nausea, and Vicodin meds all purchased and ready to use. I've been researching a low sodium diet, I guess I have bland food to look forward to for awhile. I've read a lot about drinking water. How much are you all drinking? Like a gallon a day? I'm not too nervouse about the procedure, but am not looking forward to recovery. I fear I too, like many of you will be disappointed in the length of time it takes to see results. How do you stay positive? Will post pics and comments as soon as I can.

Wish me luck!

Glad you did well. The meds will help. I slept a long time the first nite too. Hope your feeling less pain soon :)
Im using benedril for itching. Also just lotion seems to help a bit. Feel good soon :)
Glad to hear all went well. Stay comfortable and post pics when you can. I am having my upper and lower abs done 10/26- two weeks out. Keep us posted on your healing process. My best to you! :0)

Day 2 post-op. Pain is gradually reducing,...

Day 2 post-op. Pain is gradually reducing, although I'm till taking meds regularly. I'm beginning to itch now. I bought some spray hydrocortisone, but that's not giving me much relief. A girlfriend came over and washed and made up my hair and face. This was a nice perk I recommend, it boosted my spirit. Can't take a shower until tomorrow after noon, it's tough to wait especially since I can't tell if there is any difference at all since I have foam padding all around. I'll post pics tomorrow.

your hanging skin shrink... you have a good dr..
I can see the results already, hopefully they will continue to get better!!
Definitely looking great soontobesmall! congratulations! best of luck to you! You are well on your way!

I'm 9 days post-op and each day is getting better....

I'm 9 days post-op and each day is getting better. I'm still very numb, particularly on my back. Getting in and out of car still hurts. Sleeping on my side is a bit less painful, but still not easy. My stomach is rock hard, particularly below the belly button, closer to my c-section scar. I've started to do massage and I'm using vitamin e oil. Anyone else doing this for hardness?

Just posted three more photos. These were taken at 5 weeks post-op (red panties) I'm very pleased with results. I still can't jog though as my back is still numb and hurts when I run. I'm a bit worried about putting lbs. back on over holidays. Any ideas?
U LOOK SMOKINGGG!!!! Fantastic...so happy for you...u must be thrilled!! Keep up the great work... :)
Hi soontobesmall, how are you doing. Hope all is well with you... I am day 10 and yes the swelling is sucky for me right now... But I am looking forward to better days and results. Wishing the same for you too. Have a great weekend.
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Realslef and licensing websites.