Happy Days Ahead? - Bay Area, CA

Ok, so here I go. I'm a 47 year old mother of two,...

Ok, so here I go. I'm a 47 year old mother of two, both c-section. Unhappy my whole life with my belly. had my first child young and never lost the stretch marks or belly hang. I went for three consults, all said I should do tummy tuck. I can't take two weeks off work and am scared of recovery, so I'm opting for lipo. I figure in 6 months if Im still unhappy, I can do tummy tuck. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's experiences and it's helped prepare me for this. I'm still nervous about recovery. I've had my Pre-op and my surgery is set for October 12. I will post Pre and post op pictures once I figure out how.

It's the night before my surgery. I started the...

It's the night before my surgery. I started the arnica and bromelian. Apparently I take those for a week. I have my cephalax, Ativan, anti-nausea, and Vicodin meds all purchased and ready to use. I've been researching a low sodium diet, I guess I have bland food to look forward to for awhile. I've read a lot about drinking water. How much are you all drinking? Like a gallon a day? I'm not too nervouse about the procedure, but am not looking forward to recovery. I fear I too, like many of you will be disappointed in the length of time it takes to see results. How do you stay positive? Will post pics and comments as soon as I can.

Wish me luck!

Day 2 post-op. Pain is gradually reducing,...

Day 2 post-op. Pain is gradually reducing, although I'm till taking meds regularly. I'm beginning to itch now. I bought some spray hydrocortisone, but that's not giving me much relief. A girlfriend came over and washed and made up my hair and face. This was a nice perk I recommend, it boosted my spirit. Can't take a shower until tomorrow after noon, it's tough to wait especially since I can't tell if there is any difference at all since I have foam padding all around. I'll post pics tomorrow.

I'm 9 days post-op and each day is getting better....

I'm 9 days post-op and each day is getting better. I'm still very numb, particularly on my back. Getting in and out of car still hurts. Sleeping on my side is a bit less painful, but still not easy. My stomach is rock hard, particularly below the belly button, closer to my c-section scar. I've started to do massage and I'm using vitamin e oil. Anyone else doing this for hardness?
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Realslef and licensing websites.

Just posted three more photos. These were taken at 5 weeks post-op (red panties) I'm very pleased with results. I still can't jog though as my back is still numb and hurts when I run. I'm a bit worried about putting lbs. back on over holidays. Any ideas?
U LOOK SMOKINGGG!!!! Fantastic...so happy for you...u must be thrilled!! Keep up the great work... :)
Hi soontobesmall, how are you doing. Hope all is well with you... I am day 10 and yes the swelling is sucky for me right now... But I am looking forward to better days and results. Wishing the same for you too. Have a great weekend.
I'm sorry this is day 7
Hi, thanks for sharing.. my procedure is in two days and i am extremely nervous.. I too am so tired of the belly.. i never had the hang before until i had to have a partial hysto and then it came. You just me more hope. thank you so much for posting. you look great so far.. i hope that i have the same outcome in my first few days... i am sure you are going to get even smaller.. you look as though you are well on your way. good look and again thanks for sharing.
How u feeling soontobesmall? Hows the swelling? I hope ur doing well.... :)
your hanging skin shrink... you have a good dr..
I can see the results already, hopefully they will continue to get better!!
Thanks, I hope so too.
Definitely looking great soontobesmall! congratulations! best of luck to you! You are well on your way!
Oh, regarding the itching Dr. Told me to use benedryl, taken orally. It seems to be helping, I'm itching less.
Yayyyy...... :)
Last night I looked like I swallowed a basketball. I hadn't done much during the day, one four block walk to grocery store and back, then an hour or two throughout the day standing, eg, folding cloths, making Halloween treats, etc. most of the day was spent resting and working on-line. Is this normal? Also what used to be just a few spots of bruising has turned it to over 50% of my stomach is now bruised. I'm taking arnica orally three times a day. Did this happen to you guys? I'm going in to work today for the first time, I have two meetings that will last about 3 hours, then home to rest. Trying to balance rest and a life is really hard. By the way, thanks for the nice comments, they are much appreciated.
Hey Soontobe....u may be doing a little too much too soon...I was in bed mostly for first 5 days...and when I went back to work...I cont'd to come him and pick up a little and back in the bed...I just started walking 4 days ago..mile to mile and half...try and lie down as much as u can...I know its hard due to everyday life...even elevate when ur lying down...sounds like u need more R & R.....good luck...keep us posted :)
ohh...I also use a lumbar cushion for my back constantly...I have a desk job and use it at work and bring it home while I lay in bed...to keep my mid section straight to avoid creasing, etc...there pretty cheap and help with posture....
Hi soontobe...I see a big difference!! Congrats!! So happy for you!! You look great!
Hi Soontobe...I think theres a HUGE diff...especially in ur stomach and ur side view look awesome...overall...I think ur well on ur way....remember (as I tell myself)..its still way early...but I am SO HAPPY FOR U.... :)
So how did your first shower go?
Not very well. I had to stop short as I felt very dizzy and nauseous. My husband was with me, but I thought I was going to throw up. I tried again today with greater success. I took my garment off and rested for about 1/2 hour before getting in. I was able to finish and feel much better. Thanks. Are you taking benedryl for itching? So I think I'm pretty happy, my back / flanks definitely look better. Tummy looks same to me, but I expected that with swelling and all. My back is still numb, how long does that last? I'll post pics later today. Can't do it from my IPAD, which is annoying.
Hey Soontobesmall...glad ur doing better!! Your tummy in my opinion takes the longest to show results...I am 3wks post op and just noticing the decline in the old bulge..(see my last two Pic posted)...I still have numb areas also...almost feels rubbery numb...lol...look forward to ur pics...right now Im mostly dealing with tummy still swollen and hard lumpy areas that I am massaging...I see Dr in less than 3wks and will c what he say...also I started walking about a mile and a half a day...today will be day 4 walking...keep us posted....SPEEDY RECOVERY HUN!! :)
Glad your second shower was better. My dr. Said dizziness and nausea is normal. It will get better with time. My lower belly was numb for at least 4 days. After the 3rd day my hips felt numb. Dont kno what thats all about. Im hoping its just my skin tightening. Only itching I have is my incisions. So glad your flanks are better! Hope tonight goes well for ya :).
The numbing last almost 8 weeks. Some people is longer. I would keep something sweet near by for the dizzy spells when showering. It worked for me. Also, take the Arnica until it is all gone. I'm 10 weeks post and still have swelling. It has gotten better and I can see a big difference, but the Arnica and compression garment really works. I wear it during the day and off at night. The first few nights without the garment is weird. Also keep your skin moisturizer to help with the itching. Happy Healing
Good morning SC...so its OK not to wear the garment at night? My Dr. Said to wear it as much as I can. Would be great to take it off at night! Is the Arnica for swelling or nausea? I was only given a pain med and infection med...which made me itch so I only took it twice. Only took pain med once...had no nausea. Any info would be great :). Thnx
jrutter...its way too early for you to not wear ur garment 24/7...in my opinion I would wear it...the compression is good...SC is 10 wks post op so I can see her being able to take it off..I still take the arnica 4x a day too....
Thanks Muffin...just wanted to make sure. I wasn't prescribed Arnica...I go for my 6 day check up today...im going to ask about it...I go on vac Nov 2nd. Would like to get rid of some of the swelling by then. :)