Coudn't Be Happier! - Bay Area, CA

About 10 years ago, I had what I'd call a very...

About 10 years ago, I had what I'd call a very botched rhinoplasty, septoplasty, turbinate resectioning and spreader grafts by a dr. no longer at Stanford. The result was an ugly mess on many levels. So much so, that no other doctor wanted to touch it forcing me to go back to the same guy for additional mess-making. I've lived with an ugly, not-very-well functioning nose for 10 years since. If you're looking for rhinoplasty revision, you may already be aware that there's not many doctors willing to work with you on correcting someone else's mistake.

When I turned 40, I decided I was going to try once more to get it fixed.

I am now about 3 weeks out from my surgery as as a surgeon friend of mine put it, my nose is a work of art. I could honestly admire my nose all day long in the mirror, it's that awesome- and I've still got some time to go before seeing the complete results! I've had a few tiny panics during the process which ended up being nothing and Dr. Mehta and Jill always made time to fit me in right away to allay my concerns. This was truly the BEST revision decision I could have made!!!

Thank you so much for sharing! I'm very happy for you. We'd love to see photos of your work of art. :)

That's great! I am in need of the same thing. Do you have any pictures that you can share?

New photos at 2 months out

So, I am now about 2 months and 2 weeks out from my surgery. Dr. Mehta did some saline/steroid injections to get the swelling down a few days before this pic was taken so the tip is a bit more refined now. I've still got time to go before I see the final results. Dr. Mehta did a lot of work in that schnozz- almost 6 hours worth but I'll post more pics as time goes on.
how is everything now :) i thini ur nose healing nicly
How is your nose healing? It looks awesome so far! Do you have any new pictures to post?
You look beautiful! Congrats :)

Final results

Many people have messaged me asking for a final results/a 1 year out update as well as pictures. I am also posting a "before" pic of my profile and an after pic of my profile as well since I've gotten several requests for those.

Overall, I am very happy with my results and love how straight my nose is! I am probably happiest with my breathing which has been fantastic. I am a bit disappointed with the asymmetry in my nostrils (left is slightly smaller than right), the bony bump on my bridge that wasn't there before (Dr. M filled it with Restalyne and will fill perm. with Artefill if needed.) I also wish the tip looked a bit more refined and feminine although it honestly still feels a bit hard and swollen to me (this WAS my third surgery, after all) so I still have hope that it will soften yet. Overall, I would still absolutely recommend Dr. Mehta and think cosmetically, my nose looks exponentially better than it did before my revision with him.

Still happy to answer any questions anyone might have about my experience!
you look great thank you
I love your nose! He did a great job. I also had a revision almost 2 weeks ago and I'm very happy with the results.
beautyful
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I narrowed down my search to Dr. Sam Most and Dr. Mehta. I had two consults with Dr. Mehta and while I really, really liked him as well as Jill, his scheduler/office manager, they seemed too good to be true. Seriously. The office is spa-like and Jill is so on the ball, friendly and super competent. Dr. Mehta makes you feel like the only patient in the world. He was personable, available for my endless questions (I ended up going for two consults because I had so many questions!) and from the beginning, listened to my story, never talked down to me and was confident he could fix my issues. I saw Dr. Most for a second opinion which sealed the deal. I was going with Dr. Mehta. Let me also mention that Dr. Mehta partners with Waverly Surgical Center and they were completely amazing as well paying attention to my past issues with MRSA and took into consideration my asthma and allergies. Dr. Coe who did my anesthesia was super fantastic esp. considering I've had complications with anesthesia in the past.