Expectations Exceeded - Bay Area, CA

Pro: The results I desired were...

Pro:
The results I desired were exceeded
Fairly easy recovery

Con:

Takes a few months for the implant to feel natural
Results take several weeks

Motivation: I have a naturally small jaw and chin (the latter of which is slightly crooked). This wasn't so much of a problem when I was younger, but my neck fattened up quite a bit over the past few years, consuming the little bit of chin I had to work with. I finally decided to take action after the lower half of my face began resembling something close to a bullfrog. All jokes aside, my chin and neck became a major source of insecurity. I would actually push my chin out when in public places and when taking photos. This was both physically taxing and completely silly.

The Outcome: Dr. Mehta performed liposuction in my chin and neck area, and placed a large silicon chin implant. The effect on my appearance has been nothing short of remarkable. My face is now slightly longer (which matches much better with the rest of my features), and my profile is sharp and even. Most importantly, everything looks very natural. Also, instead of a beard that predominately grew on my neck area, I am now able to grow a goatee…..ON MY CHIN!!!! Seriously, I am that happy with the results.

What I wish I knew beforehand: I wish I hadn’t waited so long to get this procedure done. There’s quite a bit of negative information out there, and it’s easy to let it affect your determination. I personally haven’t experienced any negative side affects. It’s also VERY important to remember that it takes several weeks to several months for your final results to appear.

Taking the wrap off immediately after surgery was a bit scary, but hiding underneath all that swelling were the results I was looking for. Great job Dr. Mehta!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon