2 1/2 weeks post op - Baton Rouge, LA

After years of contemplating getting my nose done,...

After years of contemplating getting my nose done, I'm finally doing it! I'm super excited! I start taking some special vitamins 3 days before that are supposed to help with swelling. My date is July 12. Got my blood work done today and all my prescriptions are ready and waiting! Will update as it goes!

1week until surgery

Well, I'm one week out and I feel like I'm getting a little bit of a cold. :( I called the doctor to see if it will affect my surgery or if I will have to post pone. The nurse said that I seem ok as of right now. I'm not running fever and there's no infection so all should be ok. I bought some emergen-c and trying to get plenty of rest. Praying all is better by next Friday!

No, not a cold!!!

So I woke up Sunday morning with a full blown cold and I was freaking out. So I went to urgent care yesterday begging for meds so I can get better before surgery Friday. They tested me for everything from strep to pregnancy! Lol funny. Not strep and no, I'm not pregnant. So after all that he gave me an antibiotic that I can take that wont mess up my having surgery. Whew. It's Tuesday night and I feel a little better, but far from "well". The doctor promised that I'll be better before Fridays surgery. So, in the mean time, I'm popping pills, getting lots of rest and stacking the vitamin c.
I also started my vitamins, that my plastic surgeon recommended, today. It's called Bromilin. It's supposed to help with swelling after the surgery. 2 more days! Excited, and super nervous. :)

More before pics

Day of surgery

So, I had surgery yesterday but was too loopy to write. So I'm updating now. We got there at 7am got the I'VE started and they needed me to pee in a cup to do a preg test. Of course, I went to the bathroom right before we got there and couldn't go. Lol. So they ended up doing a cath to pull it from my bladder.
I was feeling a little freaked out when they took me to the operating room. W erroneous buzzing around connecting stuff and sticking things on me. The nurse could tell I was about to freak out. She told the anesthesiologist to start my stuff to relax me. I was relieved because I was getting really nervous. Needless to say my next memory was waking up in recovery. I had no pain except in my throat from the breathing tube. I felt like they just shoved that sucker in and yanked it out. Lol. It feels a little better today but still a little soar. My face wasn't really swollen either and no black eye at that point lots of blood on the drip pad below my nose but it has almost completely stopped at this point.

1 day post op

I pretty much slept all day. My swelling is worse and my eyes are just a tiny bit black. I figure it will get worse before it gets better. I feel good. Not a lot of pain. I'm still taking the pain meds regularly just in case. My nostrils look wide to me but I know it's just due o the swelling. But so far I'm happy with what I can see. The doc called last night o check on me and said everything went great and I will be so happy with my nose. He said it turned out beautiful. :). He did say the surgery took him longer than expected because there was more work to be done than originally anticipated. My septum was deviated a lot more than he thought and he ended up moving my nasal bones in so my nose wouldn't look wide after he took the hump off. I have a check up on Monday with the doc to make sure all is well. Then the splint is supposed to come off on Thursday. Cant wait to see my new nose!

Day of surgery pics

2 days post op

Lots of swelling today. Don't feel too hot. Congested. Going back to sleep.

3 days post op doc appt

Went to the doc this morning for a quick check up. They said things look good. They were surprised I'm not bruised. But they were concerned that my swelling wasn't getting better. The nurse called in a steroid pack to reduce the swelling. I go back on Thursday to see Dr. Parenack and get my splint removed. I hope most of the swelling in my face is gone by then. I still don't know what my nose is going to look like. I was a little depressed this morning about everything, I guess that is some what normal. I'm feeling a little better now, just wish I could see more of what my nose is going to look like. I feel like its really wide and piggy looking right now. I'm trying to have patience and stay positive. It's still hard to breathe due to congestion. I've been using the ocean spray more today to help with it. Ill update again tomorrow! Going to get more rest. :)

3 days post. Profile

2 weeks post op

So I'm 2 weeks post op and I'm still really swollen. I'm a little sad and worried that I'm not going to be pleased with the final result. It still looks big. :(. My profile looks great though... Cant complain about it too much. Trying to have patience. I go back to the doc next week for my 2 week check up. He said last appt that if the swelling wasn't a lot better then he would give me a cortisone shot to help. I've already done the oral dose and it didnt do too much. I'm a little anxious about it all. :(

Profile pics

New profile pics

After pic

I like it in this pic. Swelling go away!

2 1/2 weeks

Swelling going sloooowly

1 month post-op

Went in for my check up today. Still swollen, so Doc gave me a cortisone shot in my nose. Ooouuuuuccchhhh! He said it will help the swelling to go down faster and that I should notice a difference over the next couple weeks. Funny thing is, I woke up this morning and notice a difference. It looks really good. I'm excited to see how it changes over the next couple weeks. My next check up is in 2 months! Ill keep you posted! Feeling happy!

Comparison

Before and after cortisone shot
Jon parenak

He was soooo awesome in the consultation. Made me feel very comfortable. Easy to talk to. Love him! *Spelling correction. Dr. Jon Perenak

Tracy: yes, I went back & read your messages. You were so nervous about having a revision. Stop feeling that way. You are in good hands. You need patience after surgery to get through the swelling, but in your case swelling will give you some of your bridge back, LOL. Tell Dr. P. , Aimee' says hello!
you are amazing! ty :) I will be posted my busted up face sometime tomorrow evening, my case is at 11:15 am. Yes, omg lol I am not so worried about swelling! yay - I will have a nose! I put myself in someone's hands in 1988 and suffered quite a bit, however this is new & different, and Dr. P is brilliant! I plan on telling the whole OR that Aimee' says hello :p. please look for my update ;o
Hey Tracyfitz: I think I have been in touch with you regarding my results from Dr. Perenack. Good luck to you tomorrow. I hope everything goes well for you. Update us when you can.
my surgery with Dr. Perenak is TOMORROW!! I reread all of your blogs for each stage postop! Here I go OMG !
Yay!!!! I'm excited for you! Good luck! Be sure to post your progress! Can't wait to see!
ty! ty! ty! I will be posting my updates tomorrow on my blog
your result is quite outstanding! just gorgeous!! I got my email images from dr. p today, scheduled surgery for dec 5 hopefully. I hope my nose is as magnificently beautiful as yours! I hope you are feeling better :))
jenllip, please update photos! how are you doing?! any advice?
I'll post new pics tomorrow. Everything is healing well. I had my 3month check up about a week or so ago. I still have swelling in my tip and around my bridge. He did A LOT of bone work on me so it is expected. I go back in January. I'm pleased with the results but still want the tip swelling to hurry up! Lol. Dr. P is amazing! I really like him. He's very kind and will not let you walk out unhappy. Good luck!!!
Your profile is exactly like the morph. Very pretty lady. Thanks for updating.
Thnx!
Wow, that shot really helped. The last pic shows a big difference with less swelling than the second to last pic. You will continue to improve as time goes on. Maybellineo
I know! I'm excited. I feel much better about it all :)
Oo looking good!!!
Yeah that pic looks great!! Maybellineo
Oh, i forgot to tell you that swelling goes from top to bottom so the tip is the last place for the swelling to go down. If you want to feel better, use makeup to thin your nose. You can go online and there are quite a few videos that show you how. It is really easy. Wear your pretty blonde hair down and own it. I know it is hard for you to believe but most people don't really notice the swelling as much as we do yourselves. Maybellineo Maybellineo
Thank you. :)
Hey: Good to see you are checking in. Hang in there. You said Dr. P. had to move your bones in & had to do more work than he originally thought he would. That means you will have more swelling. I don't know why Dr's don't take a photo right after they finish when you are on the table. If Dr. P said your nose was beautiful before the swelling set in, then that's is what it will end up when it is all finished healing. It would make their patients have less anxiety because what you see at the early stages is what you think you will end up with. NOT!!! Another thing to keep in mind is that if you didn't look swollen after this surgery, you need to wonder what the Dr. did to fix your nose. I know it is hard to wait but eventually things will get better. Focus on how great your profiles look. The front will catch up. Maybellineo
Thank you so much for the encouragement! It's nice to hear. They said it looked beautiful during surgery so I try to hang on to that when I get down about it. :) I trust them. I have my moments of impatience that's for sure! I get up every morning and look in the mirror hoping for a drastic change... But obviously that's not how it works. I'm hoping the cortisone shot will do a lot for me. I'll be sure to update!
Once the splint is removed you will be able to breathe so much better. I used the ocean spray but because I didn't have any splints or cast I wasn't so stuffed up. He only had to work on my tip, and I had very mild swelling even though mine was an open surgery. Maybellineo Maybellineo
Thnx!
Day three is always the worst day for swelling. I see the facial swelling you are having. It is unusual without bruising. But that's one less thing to worry about. It usually takes 3 weeks for bruises to go away and you don't have to worry about that at all. The nose swelling is to be expected. The steroid pack should really help kick start getting rid of the swelling. Are you drinking soda? If so, please stop and switch to water or pineapple juice. You will look back on this soon and I am sure you will be pleased. Maybellineo
Thnx! I've been drinking water. I did have a coke with dinner yesterday though. Any suggestions to help with congestion?? I've tried everything and still can't breathe. Claritin , sudafed, ocean spray, afrin.... It's driving me crazy!
Hoping you're feeling ok and healing fast.  Looking forward to updates.  Take care.
Thnx! Little by little!