Back to Natural and Loving It! So Happy I Explanted - Baton Rouge, LA

A year ago I decided to get implants and a tummy...

A year ago I decided to get implants and a tummy tuck after having a baby. My baby was almost 2 when i got the surgery Feb 15, 2011. I was a 32 full B before and after my baby and breast feeding my daughter for 7 months i was a 32 A with no volume. I felt very boyish.

I went to my consult wanting a full b almost c. During the consult I was clear I wanted to look natural, i am only 5 feet 105 pds. So we decided on 375cc gel moderate profile submuscular through the nipple. He insisted it would look very natural.

So i had the surgery and soon after i got home i can tell they were too big. Also I can tell something wasnt right about the right one. I knew it had encapsulated. He prescribed more muscle relaxers. Nothing helped, after the swelling almost a year after i measured at 32 DD! I was having shortness of breath, discomfort when i would sweep. Im a massage therapist do they def got in the way. So I started researching explant surgery and came across a few threads where i read a few womens expierence. I went to original surgeon and wanted to charge me $3500 and was against me explanting.

I decided to go to a surgeon i saw on this website got a consult and felt very comfortable. Scheduled my appt that day and had the explant done Feb 14, 2012 just a few days ago. I will post pics asap...looks like i cant do it on my phone. I am very happy! I look very natural. Very glad I did it.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Very comfortable around her, answered every email, called the same night of the surgery....

I have had mine 27 years. I went from a small B to a D. (I asked for a C). I have gain 45 lbs. since I had them. I want them OUT. But I am a little afraid of what they will look like. I can't afford a lift. Any suggestions or support out there?
Sounds like you would like them out. Get them out while you are young enough to still heal. I was also afaid how I would look. Then again I really wanted them out while I could maybe still kinda heal. Does take awhile to form back to normal or kinda like you were before implant. You will look thiner for sure and feels so much better. Let us know what you choose. Love & hugs, Ellen
I did not have any drains put in nor a capsulectomy. Breast were swollen for about a month then after settled to what I looked like before which I knew would happen but was hoping wouldn't.
Thanks for your review, I am having the same issues and considering explant. Did you have to have a drain? I hear it is very painful having the capsulectomy and removal. How would you describe it? Thank you!
scrappy37 I did not have drains either. They did tell me I might wake up with drains. It was not painful like when I had them put in !!! It did take awhile to adjust to the new me. For sure I would do it again and no regets here. Ellen
I understand! But it is a straight forward procedure. When you consult with a doc ur comfortable with you will know! Im sure u will be happy with ur choice ;)
Thanks so much! I really appreciate all your help! I just need to find the right doc for the job!
Hi Julia! I was under IV sedation. With local. I was in recovery maybe 30 minutes. Once they tested my swallowing and pressure i was good to go. My capsule was left in as your body reabsorbs it...but that depends on surgeon and patient im sure. Feel free to ask anything else i will post a 3 week pic soon. Best of luck! Dont second guess yourself....
Brownies, thanks so much! He didn't mention sedation. Did you have silicone (forgive me if you mentioned this already. New to this forum :)? Did your PS remove the capsule? I am kind of at my witt's end with this because it just sounds too easy. Like he is brushing me off with irritation. Are you happy? I feel like I have betrayed the body that has been so good to me..
I had saline under the muscle, 18 years. I am very happy with no regrets. Still adjusting to be smaler but its all good. My ps removed the top part of the capsule. He said the rest gets absorbed but I dont know if its different with silicone. If you feel uncomfortable with your ps and like he is brushing you off, you should go somewhere else. You should feel confident wih your surgeon and feel he has your best interests in mind. Good luck with your decision. I know its a a tough one.
Thanks so much! The hard part is trying to find a PS in my area that will support me without charging an arm and a leg! If I looked like you (which I know I won't-started off like a AA), I would be thrilled! You may be smaller, but I would aspire to even half of you size. I don't care about being flat anymore. I am embarrassed to have these things inside of me. Following brave gals like you all makes it even easier :)
Hi, Bella86! You look absolutely amazing! I have decided to remove my implants. Looking at your pics gives me hope. I didn't see from reading if you were under general or just had local. I see you took pics 20 minutes after removal, so I was guessing local. My PS was less than enthusiastic about discussing removal, but he said it would be an easy procedure, done with local in their office ER. Would love your opinion. Thanks so much for sharing your journey. It helps so many of us!
Hi Julia....dont mean to intrude. But I had mine removed under local with some sedation and did fine. Did he say if you would be sedated at all? I was and dont remember a thing. It was done in less than hour and I was home three hours later. Much easier than having them put it. Good luck
I dont feel empty at all. And if I had listen to everyone include the docter I would be so very bummed that I replaced. That is why I say follow your heart and not any one else. First time I listen to my heart and did not let others guide me on what they thought. Even my husband can not believe how much better I look. And He wanted me to replace too. He thought I would be bummed if I did not replace. I had nothing wrong with them...Just felt the same as you do. Wanted them out. Too bad it took 20 years before I listen to my heart !!! Ellen
lat45, I felt ths same way as you do. The initial breast implant was too much pain for me. I wanted them out the day I got them. I waited over 20 years before I removed them. All my friends also loved them. I hated them the day I got them.When I had them removed, I got lots of pain pills.It was uncomfortable but no where near when I had them put in. I agree with brownies...follow your heart and dont let others make decision. Keep us all posted and we will all be here to help you. Victoria Secrets has really nice push up bra's that help you feel like a women with out any regrets and pain. Ellen
Brownies123 and Mopsie, thank you so much for your encouragement and feedback on the recovery period after getting them removed. I'm so glad to hear that you are both happy with your decision. I hope that I can be as brave as you have been. I really wish that I would have run across this website before I had the surgery, as all I found when I was doing my research was how wonderful everyone thought they were. More women need to know that feeling this way emotionally and physically post implants is a real possibility. I guess we sometimes read what we want to read and I didn't want to scare myself by reading about what might happen. You are so right when you advise me to not let others question my decision, as the doctor has already told me "you don't want to do that" when I asked him about removing them. I know that I will need to be firm with my decision when I talk to him again. It's my body and my decision. Thanks again and I'll keep you posted.
Hi lat45,

Im glad u r feeling good sharing over here n hearing wat other r saying about their experience, I agree the support from all the kind girls over here is spectacular n beyond wat I cud imagine. Family is there but cant relate to our feelings, but everyone here can relate cos they r all going thru the same feeling.

Wen I went for my consultation for removal I was told or rather an attempt to scare me by saying they will look empty n real bad as everything will be scooped out n cleaned. They made it feel that all the tissues that r attached with the scar tissues n capsules will also be removed. This came from the patient coordinator n not even the doc!!!

She tried to make me feel bad n if someone isn't strong enough thn they wud definitely cry hearing the way she warned or rather bully yur vulnerability...but as the other girls said im happy that I was so firm that I told her that im happy being empty thn fake n unwell with pip implants.

I'll tell u, by the grace of God, im no where near empty n im 11 day post surgery today n fit into a 'c' cup, down the timeline I might be a 'b' cup, slightly saggy but hell not empty.

I'll tell u the main reason behind y she said that, u won't be shocked, removal was free for me cos the UK government offered all pip victims free removal, but a replacement was around £2500!!! She tried to scare me so her branch could earn from me this way if not the other.
I stood my grounds n today im sooooo glad n happy with my result. They are so soft n cute!! Can't stop playing with them!

Have faith, stay positive n keep healing.
I cannot tell you how much better I feel knowing that I am not alone. All of my life I thought I wanted breast augmentation, and wanted to go from a B to a C. I'm only 5'3" so my worst fear was going to big and looking "heavy". I had surgery almost 5 weeks ago and have regretted it ever since. All of my friends loved it when they got them, but I have hated them ever since. I am much bigger than I want to be and they have barely gone down since surgery. Not only that, one isn't dropping at all, so I now have lopsided breasts! I miss the old me and thought I was the only one who felt like this. I can't believe that I feel this way after thinking that I really wanted them. I cry whenever I see photos of myself and absolutely despise myself now. My doctor wants me to wait and then wants to just replace with smaller ones, but I just don't think that smaller ones are going to make that much of a difference to me. It is reassuring to hear that others have gone thru the same emotional and physical challenges as I've never heard about women feeling this way post surgery. Thank you for sharing your story, and I think I am going to go ahead and have them removed. I looked beautiful before and just didn't realize it. I do have a question though. How was the recovery? The initial breast augmentation was just horribly painful and uncomfortable. Will the recovery of getting them removed be any easier? Next time I am going to just go to Victoria Secrets and buy a push up bra!
Lat45, i am sorry that you feel that way after such a short time. I had mine removed after 18 years and am so glad i did. The removal is so easy compared to the initial surgery. I took the pain pills for one day but some women on here say they didnt even need the narcotics. I had some scar tissue that had to be removed so it was a little more painful but def not like having them put in and only for a day or so. Best of luck with your decision. I know its a hard one but just follow your heart and dont let others make you question your decision. Keep us posted!
Hello lat45! I got my surgery exactly two weeks ago and feel the exact same way. I was a size a after breast feeding two babies so I thought it would be nice to be a full b. I am only 5'2" and my biggest fear was being too big as well. Well guess what....they are and I missy little perky breast so bad. When I told my ps at my checkup that I wasn't sure about them, he actually acted offended. Very offended and Actually blew me off. If I still feel this way at 3 week check up, I am going to make him listen to me. My husband says the only thing he cares about is he feels like I shouldnt have anything done for six weeks to let my body recover from surgery. Do you think they have already stretched our previous boobs? I am worried everyday they are in stretching our skin more and more.
Hi lat45,

It has been 9 weeks since I got 375cc implants. I'm 5'0, 100lb and they are huge for my small body. The doctor said 375cc was a cup and a half, since my breast were quite small (34A), I was expecting a full B or small C cup. I ended up with a D cup. I feel exactly how you feel, full of regret and sadness paired with physical pain. My appointment for removal is set for March 21, I'm anxiously counting down the days! I was given the option to replace with smaller implants, and my husband and mom think I should consider it. But I guess you know how it feels to have those silicone sacks weight you down, I don't want to have that same feeling again only on a smaller scale. Everything happens for a reason, and we have been given the opportunity to re-evaluate our choices. Let's gang in there, this is only transitory : )
OK...Thank you...Ellen
: )

By tighten I didn't mean them getting harder, but getting Perkier. Eg when we get older our skin gets loose and slightly gets softer, so we use good anti ageing products to lift the skin. Im sorry if I have confused u in a wrong way.

Mine have sagged so I do plan to look after them as my face. Best to do what u feel is good for u.
Yes mine have shrunk. No I have not been massaging them. They are soft. I just am wondering if they will shrink more??? As far as filing in, not really. How long did it take before yours started filling in? Not much there to tighten up : ) Dont get me wrong....I am still happy to have implants out. Thank you for your response. Ellen
Opps...you mean massaging to tighten up. I was thinking you meant to soften them. I kinda dont want them tighter, that way I can push them up with my bra.
If they get any tighter, I wont have anything to push up in a bra.Again thank you, Ellen