Gettin' These Things Out! - Baton Rouge, LA

Hi everybody- my name is Leigh- I'm 29 and...

Hi everybody- my name is Leigh- I'm 29 and have had saline implants for 10 years (yes, I really did do that at 19). I was a 32B before surgery and went up about 2 cup sizes, or 420 cc's under the muscle. I have stayed within 15 pounds up my pre-op weight which was 108 lbs. and am 5'4". I did have a child when I was 22, but did not breastfeed- my boobs did however go up another cup size to DD's when I was pregnant even though I only gained 20 lbs. during pregnancy. Hmm, that's the stats:)

Anyhow, I have wanted to remove my implants for about 6 years- just because I don't want to be "fake" anymore. I am so uncomfortable having such large breasts for being so small, and wish I would've had more self-esteem and someone to tell me not to do this when I was so young. My boobs look fine, maybe some slight rippling, which is unavoidable, but are very natural looking- this is literally a decision to be myself again and not to commit my life to unnecessary surgery anymore.

I will be having my implants removed with local anesthesia/twilight sedation approx. in the next 6 months. My doctor believes that I have a chance to heal well without a lift, but did explain that I won't really know until around 6 months after having them removed. This is my story- I hope that it helps anyone feel supported and like they are not alone in this.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

You are very welcome! Hope it all works out. I truly wouldnt go to anyone else
It's such a great review that I called Dr. Cox's office, but the office is closed until Monday. I want these implants out. I need a upper blepharoplasty too and a couple of other things if I can afford it. Thank you so much for posting this review!!!
Hey! Well i had my explant the 14 of feb. I went to Ann one of Dr. Cox partners. I am very satisfied. I also got upper blepharoplasty by Dr. Cox. Great work by both. Good luck. Ill post up pics when i get back home.
Thank you! San7. I want to find someone who has done numerous explants. Hopefully within budget, i am still paying off credit for my BA last Feb
Good luck bella86.
notsure. i had mine removed swpt 2011 and feel so much better. wish you all well.
I will be doing the same hopefully. Im so anxious to get them. Who are you going to for removal. I live in New Orleans, my plastic surgeon is in BAton rouge. I go monday for my consult to them out. Also is he doind capsule removal and suturing internal tissue?
Hi Naruto- I think you may have posted on the wrong thread- we are talking about implant removal
Thanks- it'll still be a little while-I'm shooting for March. I will definitely post pictures and talk about the experience when it comes. Please do the same if you are comfortable- it really does help everyone- people are posting like crazy on threads like this.
Thanks for sharing. I go in for my appointment to remove my implants at the end of this month. I am so very certain I want MY body back. I can't believe I was ever stupid enough to do this in the first place! It is so awesome to hear other women thinking the same thing...after all, they are just breasts! Our beauty is on the inside, not in the boobs. I look forward to hearing how your surgery went.

Thank you SO much for posting your story! I love hearing about women who want to go back to their natural selves. I'm sure you'll look just beautiful post-op, and I've read that recovery is pretty easy for this compared to recovery from augmentation surgery.