Liposuction of Lateral Thighs and Abdomen - Bangkok, Thailand

I seemed never able to lose the fat on my abdomen...

I seemed never able to lose the fat on my abdomen and thighs, but my breasts shrank and face narrowed. So I decided to go for lipo, with 100% from my dear husband. To start off, I am not obese or fat, I am actually lean, but have localised bulge on my tummy and roundness on my thighs.

I emailed the doctor and sent him photos and he said I am a good candidate for lipo. So I booked a flight to Bangkok. After a good consultation, I decided to go ahead with the procedure. I stopped eating and drinking at midnight. I was out on twilight anaesthesia. After the doctor did the markings and I felt the medication through IV, the next moment, I woke up in a comfortable hospital room. I had not much pain, but it felt slightly wet at the back. I was drowsy and very nausea, vomitted 3 times.

The doctor used a combination of tumescent and ultrasound method. He lipo'ed 1050ml of fat. Because I slept a lot after the procedure, I had problems sleeping at night, I was given dormicum and slept through the night. The second day, nurses helped me to take a shower. When my compression garment was removed, I saw a perfectly flat tummy! My thighs, especially inner thighs, look the same as before surgery and I am a little disappointed, but the nurse says its swelling and will get better.

The doctor lipo-ed also my waist and lower portion of my butt to make a nice line. The pain is manageable. I didn't take a single analgesic. It is uncomfortable to sit on the toilet, so I support my hip with my hands. My pubic area feels burnt but it's not really painful, just tenderness. Compared t the pain from breast augmentation, this is a piece of cake. I am going to be discharged from the hospital today and can walk on my own. I wore my own dress, a loose one.

Day 2, I took a shower. Felt very good after that...

Day 2, I took a shower. Felt very good after that. Compression garment straighten after that. Area lipo-ed felt numb and looked swollen. I could go out for dinner that night.

Day 3, I went shopping. Wore a long dress to conceal the swelling and bruises, which are starting to show more and more. It feels tender to sit on the toilet and I had to support my hips with my hands. I went t bed wearing two girdles and one compression belt, thinking the tightness will reduce swelling even more. I felt comfortable with the compression.

Day 4, went shopping for 5 hours. It's good to walk. but I also felt tired and needed a rest every now and then. Today my thighs start itching like hell!! I've read that this is normal because the nerves that are damaged a regenerating. My abdomen still feels numb no there's still swelling. A patch of blue and dark red bruise too. I turned quickly to hug a friend today and the incisions on my bums felt like they were burning me.

2 weeks past - I still have swelling on my inner...

2 weeks past - I still have swelling on my inner thighs and at the back of my thighs. Waist swelling is not so obvious, but my abdomen feels lumpy and rather numb to the touch. However, when with all these swelling, I can see a big reduction on my abdomen. My inner thighs have not shown much difference, sadly, so I'm really hoping that this will improve. The incisions are healed by now and I have put Cica Care on the. Scar on my abdomen side to reduce scarring. Somehow pain is worse these few days. I don't know why. I get about my normal routine, doing housework and care for my two children. No problem. Sitting on the toilet still hurts. And getting in and out of the car hurts too. This brushing of my back thighs on the car seats is painful. I try and be patient for better results.
Dr Poomee

I exchanged several emails with the doctor before flying to Bangkok. He always replied my emails by the next day. During consultation, he was friendly, approachable and, as I came prepared with a list of questions, he answered all of them and clarified all my doubts. I felt safe and decided to go ahead with the surgery. I can't tell what he did during the surgery, as I was sleeping, but I see this container of 1050ml of fat that he has lipo'ed.

Hi Ms. Asian, just curious if you had any photos? Thank you!

Healing can take a while, I think patience is the key. It's awesome that you're already seeing results though!

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Please keep us updated as your results progress.