Gynecomastia Surgery, User Dairy - Bangalore, India

5th May 2013 - 01:56 A.M (GMT +5:30) Hello to one...

5th May 2013 - 01:56 A.M (GMT +5:30)

Hello to one and all,

Anil(obviously name changed)here, from Bangalore. I am 23. Well I don't want to write a big story as I don't have that much free time, So I will get straight to the point.

As many people here, I am also not happy because of my physical appearance and don't want to get too social but since this month I have saved enough to get a Lipo done, I will be consulting a few doctors here in Bangalore and will be sharing my experiences. And will do share my post surgery pic as well in this same post.

As for the current point I am sharing my pre ops pic, I know that a very bad figure but please bear with me.

Hello,

Welcome to the community and thank you for starting your review.  Definitely keep us up to date on how all the planning is going.  If you need help posting your pictures please let me know.

11th May 2013 - 03:00 A.M (GMT +5:30)

Had an appointment with the Apollo hospital as well as Manipal hospital which I missed , so I again rescheduled my appointment with Dr. Anantheswar in Manipal Hospital on the May,17. For what I have read from the forum Dr. Anantheswar seems to be the best choice. Will update more once I visit him(Dr Anantheswar).

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

17th May 2013 - 06:30 P.M (GMT +5:30)

Finally, I visited Dr Anantheswar, he seems to be very polite and explained everything to me. He also explained one of the major risks that is blood in the removed glands area. Else everything is fine.

Highlighted points -
1. There will be drain tubes attached which will be usually removed in 10 days
2. The stitches will be removed in the next 5-6 days after the drainage tube are removed.
3. One can do heavy exercise after 4-6 weeks of surgery.
4. One can do brisk walk and light running after 3-4 weeks.
5. Need to avoid heavy chest exercise for 4-6 weeks, which included swimming and other major exercise.
6. Advised to wear compression garment for about 3-6 months.
7. Need to avoid smoking and drinking 2 weeks prior to surgery.

So after hearing all these points, I was very happy and finally agreed to have a surgery. In my case it is gynecomastia grade 2. He explained that there are 5 grades, 5 being the extreme.

He quoted me INR 80,000 for the surgery, which included 2 days hospitalization in Manipal and test and surgery. He explained me that 80,000 will be max but it might be less if the surgery takes less time.
There was person who took measurement for the compression garment and quoted me 4,200 INR for 2 pair of zipper compression garment.

The other doctor has asked me to come on the 6th June 2013 to get the tests done and then they can do the surgery on the 13th June 2013.

Since, I have a budget of INR 100,000 so I guess it a fair deal but reading some of the other comments by members it might be costly. Guys who underwent this surgery in India please advice.

Anil

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

17th June 2013 - 15:00 P.M (GMT +5:30)

Underwent the surgery on June 13, 2013 under General Anesthesia. The first few hours was a bit difficult but surely manageable as I have never under gone any surgery before this, not even a small surgery.

Today is the 4th day and all things are good. Pain is very minimal. No swelling nor other complications. I went to the hospital and doctor advised me that they will be taking out the drains on Wednesday i.e. 6th day after the surgery.

Currently I don't have any image of my chest as it is covered in cotton and compression vest. I didn't even got a closer look at my chest post Surgery. I share the photos and results as soon as I got the drains out.

Thanks.

Drains Removed - 19th June

Finally the day came when those annoying drains where removed. The removal process was pain free for me. I feels so good after those drains are removed.

My check looks great. I am very happy with my procedure, there is still a bit of swelling which will take some time to settle.

This is a image that I took when I came back home.

Follow Up 1 - 21st June

Went today to Manipal hospital and had my first regular follow up. The doctor was happy with the healing process. We talk a great deal about various factors that are causing increase in gyno in patients, he explained everything very patiently and took images. He showed me the pre-op photo and also the amount of fat and tissue removed in photo.

I have asked him to share those photos with me and he has asked me to bring a pen drive in my next visit. Those images might give one a better info of the pre and post images of my chest (no breast any more :P). I will share those images once I get a hold of them.

As for the recovery process - I haven't experienced any pain post surgery. I didn't take any pain killers as whatever pain (discomfort) was there was very much bearable for me.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Damm !! Fluidly feeling on the left chest.

Ssshhh, seems like there is fluid present inside my left chest, it flows for left to right every time I do massage. After reading a lot of content I think its seroma. Anyways I am taking no risk and will be visiting my doc tomorrow as soon as the sun rises.

Taking about the quantity, Currently I am not sure and just speculating, the fluid is present in two distant region one very next to the nipple and one about 6cm below. The one below seems to have like 12-15ml of liquid while the other one it might be 5-8 ml. Fingers crossed, lets see what happens tomorrow...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Good or bad not sure .... ?

My PS inspected the area and told me its the fat that is present and should be gone once I begin exercising the area.

Again today, the fluid content seems to be increased a bit more at the bottom and I can feel it moving ... Any suggestions?

Pre Ops Images

Got good view images.

You have done an excess payment , almost double . Should have contacted other doctor's as well.
Yes, Maybe.. to be honest its very difficult to find out the right doctor here in bangalore, there are many doctors who are claiming to be expert in the field. I really found it very difficult to find the doctor, finally I visited the website gynecomastia.org/forum and found that Dr Anantheswar has produced some great result, Since I am a internet field specialist I can make out between fake posts and real posts. Considering this website, there is one doctor of India, his reviews are surely written by some SEO or marketing guy. There are absolutely no before and after images and the content is categorized in such a manner you can find out it is fake, Although I don't point my finger at him and don't guarantee it. Also, Cost was not a problem with me but man boobs where and I am happy I got it done by Dr Anantheswar.

My PS was right ... Fluid Is now very minimal

So 1 month is over for me and I can say I am recovering or should I say recovered very well. I don't wear those compression garment anymore, but sometimes I prefer to wear it during night just like that. I have replaced the compression garment with under armour heat tshirt.

Haven't really starting gym but yes I do brisk walk for about 30-45 min during evening.

Also the liquid that was present in my left chest has gone, very less quantity almost next to nothing is still present in one area, hoping that it will gone soon.

I am very sorry for not sharing the post op pics, I completely forgot to ask my PS to copy them in my PD, and currently I don't wish to upload those unhealed nipple images, they look like crap. I do avoid seeing my self in the mirror without any tee on. Just feel disgusted seening that black material below it and it gives me the feeling to take it out forcefully will I would really dont want to do. But the good news is its about 70% healed and should come off in the next few weeks and hopefully I could upload my post op pics soon. Also I will be visiting my PS maybe end of this month and would ask him to share my post op pics as well.

Life it too short, one can worry about the future or can make its present pleasant. Making the hard choice is the way to go sometimes.

Please let me know with in how many days you were all set to go back to college/work without anyone noticing that you had been through the surgery.?
So finally how much was the total amount paid by you for this surgery and post surgery stuffs..
Do you need insurance to get this done in India if you pay out of pocket? I'm in the states so i would have to go a long way lol that would probably still be cheaper than 7 grand here tho
Dr Anantheswar

Surgery done on 13th June 2013. The doctor is cool, didn't talk to much. He is one of the most experienced doctor and I hope everything should be ok.