S-GAP Breast Reconstruction - Baltimore, MD

From my first consult with Dr. R, he explained the...

From my first consult with Dr. R, he explained the options in breast reconstruction to me- clearly and comprehensively. I knew when I left the office after my first appointment, that the S-GAP procedure was the one for me. Each step of my preparation was set out for me and I was guided along.

The surgery itself is incredibly complex and it took time to schedule- and though that can be frustrating as you feel like you want to just get it done- the path the Breast Reconstruction Team lays out is done for optimal success. And I can say now- that Success is what I have!! Dr. R and his Reconstruction Team supported my choice, continued to provide education, information and support to me and my family throughout my hospitalization and my recovery process. I was happy the minute I woke up from surgery! I knew that I had made the right choice for me- and Dr. R was instrumental in the decision making process.

Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

Dr. R, Johns Hopkins Hospital, was exceptional in every way. Surgically – I have been nothing but thrilled with all aspects of my process. Beginning with my initial consult, the bilateral mastectomies, the optimal care of my expanders, and now my reconstruction surgery, I have been so emotionally strong and well through the entire experience. But more than that, Dr. R has been the utmost in professional, courteous and kind to every one of my family and friends. My two teenage sons and my husband, and my “Team of Advocates” who marched through this process at my side, were always welcome to voice their concerns or anxieties. Dr. R was ALWAYS accessible and responsive to my “teams” needs. It doesn’t get much better than that.