My Bad Experience - Baltimore, MD

I was a patient of Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez for some...

I was a patient of Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez for some years. He has an impressive office and a friendly staff. He has performed three procedures on me. Complications accompanied all three procedures. The first procedure left very visible scars on my head, around my temples. Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez promised to correct the problem but has never had time to see me. The second procedure, a minor one, was performed by Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez in his office. When I came in for the check up a few days later, it became apparent that he stitched my skin unevenly, and Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez had to re-stitch the incision area. He assured me that once I heal completely, there would be no uneven appearance. Unfortunately, it turned out not to be so. I had to go to another surgeon to correct his mistake. During this time he also suggested another minor in-office procedure. This third procedure also left me with scars that are visible to this day, years later.

This being said, I would like to address one major problem that happened to me while I was Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez's patient. During my first procedure, Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez suggested to replant the fat from my buttocks to the area underneath my eyes. He told me that he will insert the fat under the muscle to lessen the depression that I had under my eyes. Trusting his judgment and being unaware of his mediocre skills, I agreed. It turned out be a disaster. I have bags under my eyes that I never had before. Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez admitted that he "possibly" implanted too much fat and even tried to remove it a few times. Unfortunately for me, with the removal of fat, my skin began to sag. I consulted with 2 other plastic surgeons about how to eliminate or at least lessen the damage that Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez caused to my face. Both of these surgeons told me that the procedure was done sloppily and that the fat was not implanted underneath the muscle but on top of the muscle, which caused the bags under my eyes.

Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

During my last appointments with Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez I opened my file to see what he was saying about the problem I was experiencing. I was shocked to read that he was preparing a legal case. He described me as "hysterical", and misquoted my words to make me sound unstable. Although, I do believe Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez has excellent bed-side manners, his skills are exceedingly questionable. There are many other surgeons that are far more experienced and skilled.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

jbush, I had blephroplasty. Please keep us posted on what is going on with you, and if you found a doctor to help you. Again, I wish you good luck!
I am sorry, Jbush, I didn't have this surgery, but you can talk to your family doctor to see if he or she could recommend someone. Maybe a consulation with a plastic surgeon. Sorry that you have to have a procedure. Good luck!
Were you able to find a doctor to help you because my case is similar, and drs don't want to mess w it and I want the fat removed!
I was lucky enough to find a good doctor within the practice, and refused to have the same doctor. I told the surgeon who corrected the botched up job, and the owner of the practice, my left eye looked like a "before" picture. Good luck to you!
who did you go to to have your eyes fixed?
I am sorry too, about your experience. Find a nurse who has had a good surgone, and maybe you can have this corrected. I had a botched up eye lift, and the place had it done wanted me to get the same doctor, and I said, "NO, I want someone with experience", so I had a good suregeon, and he did a good job of correcting the mistake. Good luck to you!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I'm so sorry to hear what has gone on with your eyes. Have you opted to have correctional surgeries from either of the other surgeons you saw?

Yes, and it is very difficult to procedure that may cause even more damage.

I can definitely understand why that would be the case. What have you opted to do?

I am not sure if i asked you or someone else this question but I was wondering if you had the fat removed from your eyes so they didn't look like bags and what doctor andif you are happy witht the result, I am trying to find a doctor that deals with this sort of mistake since I have the same problem..would be greatly appreciated!
hey, im not sure if it is you i asked or someoone else cuz i am new to this site, but I was wondering if you fournd a doctor to remove the fat underneath your eyes and if you didn if you are happy with the result...i cannot find a doctor that will help me and i want the fat that I had injected taken out
Hey, ur the One that had the fat inserted under ur eyes, right? Was it I injected? And did he get it all out? I keep sending messages to the wrong people I think. I had same procedure w also left me w lumps tho, I had two surgeries to remove but I still see it and it bothers me severely, so trying to find others that have go e through same experience and had success stories.

jbush, who are you asking this question of? I've been assuming it wasn't me, since I have never had fat injected anywhere, and am thinking that the person you are speaking to might not realize you are asking them. Hopefully by letting us know which community member you are addressing they can answer your question. :)

Sorry, I'm trying to ask the lady who posted her story

Ok, thanks for clarifying. Hopefully she will be able to answer your question. :)