Extended Tummy Tuck with Lipo to the Midsection, Back, Flanks, Abdomin = Unsightly Results

I was very unhappy with the results, the cost, and...

I was very unhappy with the results, the cost, and the emotional toll it has taken on me. It was not worth it, I didnt get what i paid for, from the definition for porcedure preformed explains what your reward would be.

My flanks were not corrected during surgery,i have a very uneven shape front and back. i didnt lose a single jean size. i have a overlapping of skin(muffin top) on the front of my left side from assemthry being almost two inches higher on my right side.

I ask for revisions at 6months, again at 12 months, REFUSED by my plastic surgeon and his excuse was i needed a butt lift to correct my problems, that there not a result of the procedure he preformed. Leaving me broke, an saving money to find someone to correct me. Trully miserable an i feel robbed of the confidence i was suppose to gain,not including the feeling of being complete from the inside out.

this doctor was highly recommended,years of experience , but patients wasnt his priority, money must have been. i was assured that the procedure would improve my shape,a smoother contour,i trully fill that the procedure didnt fail me with my poor results, the surgeon did. i was told after this ,, a reliable plastic surgeon would offer revision procedures at his cost, to resolve or meet the patients desire results. my plastic surgeon hasnt offered to correct anything.

I, too had a bad experience with a tummy tuck. I can’t say that mine was the fault of my doctor, though. He and his staff bent over backwards trying to make things right. I was just one of the unfortunate ones that ended up having the tummy tuck nightmare from hell! First, the drain had to be replaced more than once, surgery had to be redone to some extent to try to correct problems more than once, which would result in another drain being put in, and I ended up in the hospital for 4 days with pneumonia. I developed a seroma, which is a sack of fluid that caused me a great deal of problems. Weekly I would have to go into the drs. office to have a syringe plunged into my stomach and fluid drained out. It took months to be able to get rid of the drainage tube completely. Luckily through all of this, my stomach was numb and I couldn’t feel anything. Unfortunately, it has been 5 years, and I still do not have any feeling in my stomach. I ended up having one surgery to repair a burn caused by a heating pad that I had laid on for my back, rolled over in my sleep, and because I had no feeling, I burned my stomach pretty bad. One procedure to try to make things right was done in the drs. office with just a local, and quite frightening. My stomach IS smaller, and I DID lose 2 pants sizes, but it was the most horrific pain I have ever felt, and I have had 2 c-sections and a hysterectomy! I was cut from hip to hip. Things are not even “down there”, and at my last visit I was told I would probably need more lipo to correct the rest, which the dr. offered to do at a discount. I just couldn’t bring myself to risk my life like that again. My husband said “no more”. I didn’t realize how sick I was, or how much danger I had put my life in until it was all over. I went through an emotional roller coaster that required Xanax and a double dose of Zoloft to get me over. Thank goodness I didn’t become addicted to the Xanax and was able to go back to a lower dose of Zoloft. I contribute that to the dr. and his staff working with me and getting me through the ordeal. People ask me if I would recommend the procedure, and all I can tell them is that I am NOT the best person to ask!
wow yours has to be the worst case iv read so far and i commend you on your courrage i realy do ,,,it must of been so hard to stay positive and got toru all tohse op,s i do hope tings imporve for you,,after everyting you have been trough you deserve it tinking of you and hoping a berrt recovery in future no matter wot u decide to do amanda (ireland )
Sorry sweetie for all this. I would recommend where I got it done but it is in another country. Mumbai, India...he did a great job even though it is only 8 days from my surgery I feel like I already of great results...though I am very swollen. My price for TT and Lipo was 4700.00. You might want to check into that. Wockhardt Hospital has the best service and the doctors have great bed side manner among their skills in surgery.
WOW that really sucks! your right side looks like a dog ear area and your left side well.. lets just say you didn't get what you paid for! I agree with a previous poster... start leaving a paper trail... if no responce to that ... then publish pics and responces if any on all PS blogs you can find..
Umm, who is your plastic surgeon? Others should avoid him as well!
please tell people who your surgeon is. we need to no who to avoid. is'nt that kinda the purpose in a way, to help others avoid these crooks?
That sucks,its been a year? And no improvement! Have you asked him for corrections in writing? Leave a paper trail, then maybe u will have some grounds for litigation
I have took pics before and every week pic so i can show that my shape didnt improve , and wasnt do correctly seeing the post op results,,, its unsetting and a very costly lesson,,, thanks, i do meet with him one more time ,with a letter, a filled out complaint to turn into the board, There should be a patient protection form ,seeing that there consent forms cover them,, i will let you know what happens,,

I agree with SpeedRacer. How anticlimactic to go through all that and not get the results you hoped for. Try to get another opinion.

Another RealSelf reader asked a similar question. What I found is here.

i am worried to trust someone else, but i know i dont want to be stuck hating my appearance, i've done that for way to long already,,, thanks

I can so sympathize with your fear to trust another physician. There are some amazing doctors out there, though. If you do decide to go that route, just take your time and talk to as many different doctors as you need until you find a great fit.

Sending you the best.

I'm sorry you are unpleased with your TT results. Perhaps you should get a second opinion from another PS?
yeah, i am,, and i worried about what its going to cost to get this fixed.. thanks,