The Jury is Out - Bala Cynwyd, PA

I have been plagued by cellulite since puberty. At...

I have been plagued by cellulite since puberty. At 39 years old, I am 5'4" and between 115 and 120 my entire adult life (except for pregnancies of course.) Like everyone else, I have tried every diet and excercise program known to man to improve the condition of the backs of my thights. I have nice abs and arm muscles to show for it, but my legs remain rippled and dimpled *sigh*

When I saw Cellulaze on the Today show, that was it for me. I did some searching for a doctor in my area and scheduled a consultation, then my procedure right away. I had Cellulaze on May 19th, just this past Saturday. Because I had spent some time reading this site, I knew what to expect and it went exactly that way. I took my Valiums and Vicodens, met the doctor and his team, and the process began. The Lidocaine injections were very painful. The rest of the procedure was no big deal. I went home and slept the rest of the day away and slept quite a bit the following day as well. I was able to take the foam our of my garment on Monday morning and shower.

I had from under my butt to the backs of my knees done and the sides of my thighs. So far, I see no difference in my cellulite. None at all. I have had very little swelling or draining, but my bruising is horrible. The pain is bearable. I have had no trouble fitting in my clothes and the garment isn't bothering me much. . I know it is supposed to take time to see improvements, so I am trying to remain optimistic. I don't expect to ever look like a swimsuit model from the back, just to blend in with the crowd. I don't know what my level of cellulite was, but one would recoil in horror if they were to see it. Like I said, I just want to blend.

I still don't know if this was money well spent. I would not have rested unless I tried this, though. I just hope to see some improvement soon. I'm not sure when follow-up is. I was pretty drugged out on Saturday, but the office will call to schedule me. I'd like to wait long enough to see a difference in my "after" pictures. Fingers crossed!!

It has been 1 week since my procedure and it is...

It has been 1 week since my procedure and it is possible that my dimples are less pronounced. Maybe. They are all still there, but I'm feeling a little more hopeful today that I may look OK by the 3 month mark. That's when my beach vacation is planned.

My bruising is getting better. A few spots are still pretty severe, but most are fading to yellow. The pain is decreasing as well. I am still a bit swollen right under my butt, making me a little wider--lovely, lol! Last night I switched to spanx for a party and to sleep in (had my first good night's sleep since the procedure.) My garment is in the wash right now and I will be putting it back on within the hour. Not looking forward to that since it is hotter than Hades this weekend.

Bottom line--the jury is still out, but I am feeling more hopeful.

So I was just standing in my closet in my...

So I was just standing in my closet in my underwear. My husband walks by and says, "Your legs look better. I can definitely see a difference." Great to hear, right? He called it a little less than 50% improvement. Since I am just shy of three weeks out, I am hoping that things will continue to improve from here. I stopped wearing the garment as of today. My doc only required it for 2 weeks, but I wore it an extra few days just for comfort. I am still a little bruised, but most swelling is gone. I will definitely keep you posted.
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

I did not meet with Dr. Glat before the procedure. But Lisa, the nurse who provided my consultation, was great. I would have had to schedule another appointment to meet the doctor and knew I would be getting Cellulaze no matter what. I was pleasantly surprised to find him both professional and personable. He was just so kind and down to earth, it made the procedure go very smoothly. The staff at Dr. Glat's office were all very polite and helpful. It didn't matter who answered the phone, they all acted as if they were familiar with my case and eager to answer any questions. I don't know when follow-up is, so I gave fewer stars on that.

Hey lady! How are your results coming along? Seeing any improvements?
Hey Tester1....I hope all is well n u received maximum results... Please update us....n if possible can u post before n after pictures....thanx
That's great that your hubby is noticing. I am amazed at the differences with all of the doctors and the garments. Mine said 2 weeks. It seems that many others are saying that it actually helps with the results. Hmmm. Too late now because I've been happily out of that bad boy for a week and a half now. I am experiencing a 50% improvement so far. Wish it were more. Hoping it is more over the next few weeks.
I had my procedure on May 23. Does it feel weird when you first get out of bed in the morning? My Dr told me that wearing the garment for 4 wks was a must, but if I could do it for 2 to 3 months it would increase the results. I never liked the longer dresses, now I'm living in them. When I'm out of this hell garment and looking great, I'm going to have all these long dresses shortened.
I feel better today and hubby said my legs are looking better too.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US BRAVE LADIES!!!!!

I agree with KirssyD, love hearing that your husband could see a difference!

I think its great you wore your garment a couple extra days. I think I would do the same thing, I mean, you might as well give yourself the absolute best possible chances for change!

Very nice to hear that your husband notices an improvement! Keep us updated - you are just ahead of me, I am just over 2 weeks post procedure.

So glad to hear you are feeling more hopeful! Kick up your AC & hopefully it will help keep you a bit more comfortable while you have to be in that dang garment! :)

It sounds like overall you have very realistic expectations from the procedure. It must be hard not seeing the results right away, but hopefully given the full amount of time you will feel very comfortable in your swimsuit!!

Keep us posted on how you are & what you are seeing please!