Feeling Confident This Just Might Work - Bala Cynwyd, PA

Like all “cellulaze” candidates my...

Like all “cellulaze” candidates my story will sound familiar and I’m sure like yours! I have worked out 5 days a week for the past 25 years primarily a runner mixed in personal training and “insanity” workouts. I’m 42 years of age, 5”4,110-115 lbs. Because I have always been considered thin and in shape people would never believe me when I would tell them how bad my cellulite was until they saw it. Simply put I’ve been cursed with the unsightly ripples and dimples known as cellulite. I looked into Velashape and Accent laser but never convinced to spend the money (which by the way is more expensive then cellulaze and required going every week for 8 weeks plus ongoing maintenance forever to keep any results achieved). I have complained to my husband for years. Ironically he was the one who was at the gym back in February and saw something about cellulaze being FDA approved. After doing as much available research as I could on the procedure I realized this could make sense and so I decided to go for it.

Procedure itself was not painful at all. As others have stated worse part is the numbing needles. The procedure took about 2 hours. I had back/ side thighs and buttocks area. I wore the compression garment for 2 weeks. I am 3 weeks post procedure and definitely still bruised and swollen but everyday I see slight improvements. I was told you really have to be patient. I am still numb in back and sides of legs but it’s no big deal. After 2 weeks I was told I could ease back into my workouts. I’m not sure an “insanity” workout was the right choice to ease back, ha! I quickly realized I have to wear my compression garment to work out. I am back to running 4-5 days and feel totally fine with garment on, thinking I’ll probably need it for another week.
I’m not one to post pictures although ironically I allowed the local station to tape my procedure and air it on the news! I would be more then happy to answer any questions. I absolutely looked for info from people who have gone through the procedure so totally get what you’re looking for. Keep you posted on results every few weeks. Best of luck to you I truly believe it’s the best thing out there today.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Everyone at Dr. Glat's office was so great! Ellen and Cheryl made me feel so comfortable. I felt like they were my girlfriends and they were as excited as I was about the procedure itself and seeing results. Dr. Glat was so professional and totally put me at ease. He is the only one performing this procedure in the Philly area currently and if you do your own research on him you will learn how reputable he is as a plastic surgeon.

Hi, ebdm. I would love to hear an update on your progress. How are things looking?
I had my procedure today and will post about it later when I am less drugged out : ) Dr. Glat and his staff really were fantastic.

ebdm, would love to hear more about the change you have seen in your cellulite. I know you mentioned you have seen slight improvements daily, did you notice a pretty big difference right away and it has continued to get better, or did it more or less look the same after you Cellulaze & is now gradually getting better? So curious how this goes!!

I think people think they see a difference right a way because they are swollen! Actually I saw very little difference right a way after the initial swelling went down and still have cellulite but now after 3 weeks I am definitely seeing slight improvements everyday and believe it will continue. For those out there who have had it done I think they would agree you can almost feel it working. Its a strange feeling and sort of hard to explain.
Thank you for your help. I will be getting the procedure done this Saturday morning. Will I be able to remove the foam (for good) and get a shower for work on Monday? The garment fits under my clothes pretty smoothly, but with swelling I fear I won't be able to fit in my pants. So my question is, were you able to fit in your pants?
Yes and yes actually the garment is very flattering just don't wear your smallest pair of pants! Best of luck, you'll be fine. If you have any more questions you can tell the office I said you could call me.
Fair enough : ) Did you get the entire backs of your legs done? Just wondering what to expect as far as recovery goes. I am getting from right under butt to just above back of knee and outer sides. It seems like an awful lot. How long did the drainage last for you? Does the doctor pack your legs in any foam under the garment? Is this too many questions?
Feel free to ask as many questions as you want these were all things I wanted to know :) I did get my entire back of leg and outer side of thigh. I really did not have much drainage at all. I wished I had more!! I slept on a towel the first night and it was perfectly dry. I'm sure everyone is different. The first 48 hours were the most annoying because you have the thick foam pads in the compression garment and you feel like a football player. The best was taking out the pads and showering. I was very bruised and still am purple on the outer thighs and swollen in back. I could get around with no problems the next day but of course you're sore like a painful workout but it does not go away in a couple of days. Sitting on the bleachers at my kids games is no picnic and getting out of car (suv) you rub the back of your leg but it's all no big deal in the scheme of it all.
Glad to hear you had a positive experience with Dr. Glat as I plan to see him as well. How many "squares" did you have done?
Honestly I probably should have noticed but I have no idea. Sorry.