Finally Got my Nose Done! - Bal Harbour, FL

I've been wanted a nose job since i was 10. My...

i've been wanted a nose job since i was 10. My nose was flat and wide at the base (alar).......finally, i made a decision for rhinoplasty on 05/21/12 , booked my op. on 06/21/12....yes, in a month.

05/21/12 : i got home from the surgeon's office, couldn't stop thinking about if it will worth it or not....

waiting for the month to pass was seem like another 10 years !!!!!!!

PRE-OP - 2 weeks before surgery: i was not allow to eat any kind of berries for 2 weeks and i bought a BIG bag of cherries the night before.....oh well gotta eat them now since it costed me $10 haha

1 week before surgery : i drank a lot of cranberry juice ( i thought i had an UTI but it was the coffee instead ) - and i think i wasn't supposed to drink cranberry juice since it has salicylate

5 days before : i had 1/2 cup of alcohol, i was freaking out but what the heck, just half cup!

06/20/12 (the night before) : i took a shower with dual soap according to the instruction of my PS then took some anti-anxiety , i was very happy instead of scared or nervous , tried to stay up late even tho i have to come in @ 8:00 AM tomorrow. But the med made me drowsy so i went to bed around 1:00AM

06/21/12 : i woke up around 6:20, took shower again and washed my hair, brushed my teeth then took my med ( anti-anxiety with anti- nausea with very little water)
got to the place at 8:15, the nurse came in took some before pics of me, took my urine (i don't know why....) , then the anesthesia assistant came in to asked me a couple of questions about my medical history. I followed her to the op. room....anesthesiologist came in, we talked for about 5 mins about facial after rhinoplasty and how long i have to wait before i can go out to the sun and the next thing i knew,some one was shaking my hand or shoulder and said " honey, wake up!!!!" ....i opened my eyes, looked at the clock,it was 11:15.I tried to talk but my mouth was VERY dry so the nurse gave me some water then i asked for the mirror :D :D :D ....i thought that i will have panda eyes but not really, i looked fine and it wasn't that bad like i thought it would be, no pain at all. Waited for my roommate to come back to pick me up for almost an hour ...so we got some instructions from the nurse about my meds and how to change the gauze and clean my nose, then she let me go home @ 12:45. 40 mins ride wasn't fun, i felt nausea and headache and was very hungry so my lovely roommate made me some soup , but i couldn't eat it, my stomach felt SICK ....vomited twice, took some naps, ate some jello and 3 spoons of macaroni and cheese then went back to sleep....woke up around 10, watched the HEAT game :D , took pain killer and antibiotic , i didn't take any anti-anxiety for sleeping....i think that's why i kept waking up every 2-3 hours....

06/22/12 : i don't see any bruising yet but the corner of my left eye is a little bit swelling....my nose is hurting a little bit where the stitches are, it like i scratched my nose really bad.And it is itching a lot ( i had a big pimple on my nose the night before surgery LOL but i can't do anything about it >.< )
I could breath tho my nose but i'm trying to breath tho my mouth instead as the PS and nurse said so. The nurse will come to my house today to check on me ( i love how my PS have the nurses go to their patients' houses the day after ).....I will update more info.

I also had surgery by Dr. Salzhauer recently and I had no pain either. I hope you are happy with your results. Be patient!
Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to see your result.

It's great that you have a nurse coming by! What a comfort. Thanks for sharing your story so far. I love all the updates.

06/28/12 : the splint finally came off today. I...

06/28/12 : the splint finally came off today. I was so scared that i couldn't sleep the night before. I had to take sleeping pill.
My PS taped my nose for few more days and the stitches on the sides won't come off until Monday....i thought he ripped my nose off when he took off the splint LOL....he showed me before and after pictures....i think i have upturned nose now :((...i'm happy that my nose has more definition and not flat but upturned nose????
Could you please post an after picture? Thanks
i ended up with a piggy upturned nose too. i would NOT recommend this surgeon.
Can you post some new updated pictures?
Miami Plastic Surgeon