Removed THE BLOB on Aug 8!

Probably the same as everyone else here, kids...

Probably the same as everyone else here, kids stretched the belly beyond repair. 3 kids, ages 11, 9 and 18mo. I had pre-eclampsia with all 3 which cause SIGNIFICANT weight gain mainly due to the excess fluids. I dropped a lot of it after pregnancies but this last post-baby fat has been much more difficult and stubborn than the other two. (I was 18/20 yrs old with the others and 28 with the new one) I'm only 5'3 and I weigh 175. Most of the weight is a huge spare tire around my abdomen.

I don't hate the rest of my body, other than a few more lbs here and there, I really don't mind being a bit over the "norm". I've never been very concerned with perfection, I'm not worried about getting into a bikini, I'm just so stinkin tired of wearing jeans that fit in the waist but sag on the butt or fit my butt but give me a huge muffin top. I just want to feel good in regular clothes again! I also cannot WAIT to go shopping for my Marine Corps Ball gown and not have to wear 3 pairs of spanx and still look prego!

A friend had her tuck and smart lipo in March 2011 and highly rec the doc and the procedures so I checked into it and booked my consult right away. Had the consult a few weeks ago, he said I'm a great candidate for both the tuck and the smart lipo. I'll be getting the lipo on my flanks as well as whatever needs to be done on the belly. I'm booked for August 1!

I haven't taken any "before" pics yet but as soon as I do I'll be sure to upload them. I'm super excited to get THE BLOB off of me!

Adding some "before" pics. Still losing weight...

Adding some "before" pics. Still losing weight while I'm waiting for the surgery, hoping to drop 10lbs or so before it's time. Gosh, I can't wait to see this blob gone!!! :)

&@(*%@#*^%!!!!!!! ARG!!!! I was less than a week...

&@(*%@#*^%!!!!!!! ARG!!!! I was less than a week out when my PS's nurse called and said my labs came back and my Hepatitis C was positive. Ummm.... WHAT?!?!?!? Evidently it was SLLLIIIIIIGHTLY above the norm which means I either have the live virus (HIGHLY unlikely seeing as how I don't frequently hang out with dirty druggies trading needles) or I have high antibodies in my body. I know there are other ways to contract Hep C but I'm def not a candidate for any of them. Anyway because the PCR re-test takes so long to come back, they had to reschedule me! ARG!!!! My surgery WAS going to be on Monday (Aug 1) but now it's Aug 8. Husband put in his leave request again so lets hope his MSgt. approves it other wise I wont get much help from him. This is so so so annoying but I know it has to be done. Obviously my main priority is making sure I'm healthy but it's such a let down/bummer to push it out another week while I wait for this stinkin test. Anyway, Aug 8 it is, I guess!

Tummy tuck complete! The BLOB is gone!!! I did...

Tummy tuck complete! The BLOB is gone!!! I did the "awake, tumescent" tummy tuck and smart lipo so my update will be different than others. I got there and they gave me the IV fluids and a foley cath, I took my Valium, Vicodin and Zofran, went in the OR room where the doc drew on my belly, I laid down, they put up the c-section drape, gave me some Demerol then the doc numbed my entire abdominal area then started the smart lipo on my entire abdomen and flanks. Not gonna lie, there was some burning pain involved with that. It felt like a horrible sunburn inside. I didn't feel any of the incision when he did the skin removal. It was strange when he pulled the skin together and clamped it to sew it up. I could feel the skin being stretched, it didn't hurt, just felt the tugging. It took about 30 min to sew me up then about 30 min to get me all squared away, bandaged and cleaned up before heading to the recovery room. I did get light headed a few times while the nurses were cleaning me and dressing me, had to lay down twice to keep from passing out. I was laying flat on my back for 2-3 hours so standing up wasn't agreeing with me. I didn't get to see my belly because it was bandaged up before they took the drape down but when I sat up I could tell my tummy was much more flat and the BLOB didn't rest on my thighs while I was sitting! YAY!!! They put the binder on my and a bunch of bandages in the lipo incision points are, by the time I got home they were soaked through with fluids (no fluid drains) so I've been changing them out with maxi pads every few hours which is working out fine. I'm trying to stay on top of the pain, took a few Vicodins today but I'm still getting random pains here and there. I took Motrin and it seems to be working as good as Vicodin so I think I may stick with that. I go back Wednesday for my post-op check and to take the bandages off, I can not waaaaait to see my new belly!!! Posting 2 pics of a before and an after!

3 dpo and I'm feeling great!!!! Made pancakes for...

3 dpo and I'm feeling great!!!! Made pancakes for the kids yesterday morning, only took Vicodin for 1 day and I'm only taking Motrin now. I actually don't even feel like I NEED that, but I take it for the swelling too. Sleeping pretty good, changing positions is a little rough but I'm in bed and out of the recliner now (as of last night) and everything is a-ok in the pooping department! YAY!!!! That was one of my biggest fears! My scar is a little jaggedy and I'm not a big fan of how it looks but I'm hoping it will even out a little once the swelling goes down. ??? My belly button is already taking on a nice shape, turning in a bit already. My first post-op was yesterday and doc said I can start using Neosporin and gauze pads under my binder, everything looks great and he'll see me in a week! The bruising is extremely minimal and the swelling isn't heinous. Getting up and down is slow but as long as I have a hard surface nearby, I can use my arm strength and I can do it on my own. If I'm getting in and out of the recliner or car, hubs needs to help. Overall, this recovery process is a breeze compared to what I thought it'd be like! YAY! Adding more pics!

6 DPO, had my first outing yesterday, had some...

6 DPO, had my first outing yesterday, had some pretty significant swelling by the end of the night but it's looking better this morning. The bruising is gone with only traces of yellowing now. I held my baby for the first time yesterday. Husband had an emergency car repair and I had to get her out of the crib. She's only a 20lb 19mo old so she's very light and it didn't hurt but when she started moving around it hurt a bit. The 9 seconds of her being still in my arms was pretty heavenly though

4 weeks out, the main incision is fantastic, the...

4 weeks out, the main incision is fantastic, the belly button is still giving me trouble. It's red and rashy around the bb, the dermabond is still hangin in there, about half gone. There's a small amount of yellow-ish discharge all day. I hear it's normal but it's driving me nuts. The swelling doesn't seem to be going down much, it's getting depressing. If the swelling would hurry and go down, I'd be in less pain. The only pain I'm in is the tightness from the swelling. I'm still in the same size pants but they're not super comfortable if I'm sitting a lot so I stick with summery dresses still. Holding my 20 month old is getting easier, as long as she's being good and not kicking her legs, I can hold her for 10 min or so at a time. She sits on my lap in the recliner a lot. She's dainty and light weight so it doesn't bother me a bit. Bending down is still uncomfortable but I do it if I absolutely have to. I'll add a few new pics, taken today. One of my profile, one of my icky belly button.

Hallelujah, thank you Jesus! I went to my 6 week...

Hallelujah, thank you Jesus! I went to my 6 week post-op check and the doc quickly diagnosed my belly button issues, it's a stinkin YEAST INFECTION in my bb! I've had it for a good 3+ weeks and I kept getting told it's normal to feel itchy and have redness but I don't live near the doc so I never went in. I start meds tomorrow morning to clear it up. He also said that poochie swollen area of my tummy is likely due to the inflammation from the yeast infection. I'm so happy to know it's going to get cleared up and get better asap! YAY!

I've been on antibiotic and diflucan to clear up...

I've been on antibiotic and diflucan to clear up the yeast infection in my BB and it's DEF a lot better but I wouldn't say it's completely cleared up yet. It's sooooo disheartening watching the healing process move so slowly. I had an appointment to re-check the progress a few days ago but had to reschedule bc I'm sick but my new appt is in 2 days so he'll let me know if it's cleared up or not. The itching is 99% gone (THANK GOODNESS!!!!) The redness is about 50% gone, I finally got all of the dermabond and stitches out and it's just a little itchy from dry skin around the BB area but I *think* the YI is gone! (fingers crossed!) My other complaint is my swelling is for sure going down but I still have a huge bubble/pooch around my BB area. It's still SO tight and uncomfortable at 7 weeks PO! I'll post a pic of my BB so far and my swelling as of yesterday. And I'll check in after my next appt.

*8 weeks PO, not 7

*8 weeks PO, not 7

Whats the Doctor name? And did he do your back/flanks?
Hi just curious of your Dr's name I'm close to your area!
i AM GLAD ALL IS WELL THANK YOU FOR KEEPING US UPDATED!
How is your infection clearing up?

Wow glad you got that figued out:)

HECK YEAH i AM GLAD YOU HAD A QUICK DIAGNOSIS! cRAZY DID HE GIVE YOU PILLS OR!!! MAN i KNOW THIS SOUNDS CRAZY BUT IT GOOD TO KNOW ALL POSSIBILITIES!
Jess you look great belly button just needs some extra loving but I am loving your tt!
Wow saw the new pics you look awesome! Can you please get me the info on the bakersfield Dr!I want to call and see about making a consult! Thank you!
jessica just read your blog you look awesome wow so happy for you and that price is very awesome I live in the Inland empire are (san bernardino area)I have not seen a price that great well i hope all is well you look awesome
Hi Jessica, your results look really great. I was wondering if you can provide me more details about your tummy tuck experience. I will also be doing the awake tummy tuck October 24th and would love to know in depth what you went through and how it felt. Hope to hear from you soon. You can also e-mail me to ambguevara@gmail.com. Thanks.
Who is your surgeon? I am thinking of getting a TT in Bakersfield as well. Thanks.

Looking good!   Don't worry about the jagged scar right now.  That will fade and smooth out with time.

Glad you made it through ok. Count me in on the group that could not do this w/out being knocked out. I cringe just reading it. Looking forward to hearing more of your story and seeing the pics. Isn't it cool to be done and the healing process begun? Hoping it goes well for you.
Glad all went well.. Your stronger then I , I could not have been awake for my tuck! Sending u speedy healing vibes:)
LOL, hear hear! I vote for blissful oblivion!

Can't wait to see your results!

Brave woman!  No way no how were they touching me before I was knocked out into the next week.

I am happy to hear you are home resting and doing well.  Keep us up to date and post those new pics as soon as you are able.

I hope your surgery goes well tomorrow. I am almost one week post-op and feeling so good! If you remember we had our surgeries scheduled for Aug. 1. I'm so excited for you! It will be worth it. Please keep us posted!
Good luck tomorrow!
Good Luck tomorrow!!!
Hope everything with your tests come out ok...hoping the best for you!
I am going in on the 11th just a few days after yours!

Now that is frustrating:(

Your day will get here and the main thing now is to make sure you are healthy.  Just try to keep busy for the next week.  And keep us updated ok?

Just noticed that you are in Bakersfield. I'm in SO CA too. I'm in the inland valley. How'd your pre op appt go?
Oh cool! I'm actually stationed an hour or so from Bakersfield but chose to do the Bakersfield thing rather than the Antelope Valley docs. No one else was doing the tumescent tucks so Bakersfield it is! :) The Pre-op was good, not much to it. They took like 4 vials of blood, said they test for nicotine and will refuse the surgery without refund if it comes back positive. (I'm not a smoker, but wanted to get that warning out there in case anyone else is) They gave me two binders and some SinEcch, Vicodin, Valium, Keflex, Motrin and Zofran. I also bought some Vitamin E and they wanted me to get Milk Thistle but I can't find it on base so I guess I'm skipping it...? They wanted me to order a garment on their website but I found something similar at our Base Exchange for less than half the price. They said to take the first round of antibiotics (Keflex) the night before as well as a Valium to keep me relaxed which I might not do because as of right now I'm not nervous at ALL. We'll see when it gets closer though. They said I should be doing ALMOST everything within the week with the exception of lifting the baby and submerging the incision in a bath, pool or hot tub. So that leaves me with 12 days to go! OMG I can't believe it's getting so close!!! Hubs will be home 3 days before the surgery, thank goodness! :)
Good Luck!!! My surgery date for a TT is on the 1st as well! I will ask my Dr. about where he is doing Lipo, thanks for all the tips