Worth Every Penny - Bakersfield, CA

Extremely painful first two days, then...

Extremely painful first two days, then inconvenient sleeping on back. I had surgery may 25th and wanted to show what I look like 5 days after surgery. Still very puffy--I will add a final photo in a few weeks. Overall, my expectations were exceeded, and I am finally happy with my profile after more than a decade of feeling self-conscious about it.

I had a large size implant, and neck lipo/lipo-sculpting, etc.

I do notice that sometimes there is an odd...

I do notice that sometimes there is an odd "stretching" sensation where the implant is. It just tenses up and I notice something foreign is under my skin. This, however, does not bother me at all since the results were so great and it isn't a painful sensation--just a weird one. Other than that, everything is fine. And just so you know, I began sleeping on my stomach about 7 weeks after the surgery and it didn't move.

Ultimately, this implant changed my life. I have been motivated to get in shape and dress nicer. So far, I lost about 52 pounds of body fat, gained over 20 pounds of muscle, and have been more comfortable wearing nice clothes. It truly helped me gain confidence I never had.
Bakersfield Plastic Surgeon

You look great, buddy!
I'm in Bakersfield so your post caught my attention. Just started researching this. I won't need lipo but I'm hoping this procedure will help with my loose neck skin as well as my weak chin. Thanks for your post, I'll look into Dr. Lehocky.
Great story, great result! Love hearing how this helped you improve your overall outlook and motivated you to get in shape. That is awesome!
do you know what type of implant your surgeon used? I am looking into doing this
You look great!!!
Looks great!
Your after pics look amazing. I am glad you like your new self. I am now 3 months post-op and not sure how I like my new me.
Fantastic result! You definitely look very handsome. Congrats also on losing weight- I know from experience how wonderful that feels. Isn't it funny how one positive change can have a domino effect of good changes in your life? Anyway, I'm considering chin surgery/implant, and your experience was helpful. Not sugar-coated but seemed candid. Thanks!

Wow, you got a great result! And congrats on losing that weight. You look good.

How much family, friends and coworkers notice the change? What a great result.
I have also hated my weak chin all my life. I have a smaller mandible, did hte implant add any vertical length to your chin? did it affect your lower lip at all?
I'm not sure I fully understand...I was going to get mandible implants since I don't have a nice, square jaw, but the doctor said it goes under the muscle and I need to lose weight first or my face would look too fat. So, if your wondering if it helps the mandible, it doesn't. My chin protrudes more, but I would recommend combining a mandible and chin implant at the same time to save money in the long run. My lower lip is fine. Doesn't look or feel different than before the surgery.
Has your smile been effected by the implant? I'm close to two weeks out and my smile looks different but my lip/chin are still numb so I don't know if that has something to do with it...
My doctor also recommended that I went with a large implant
My smile looked weird for a few weeks. I couldn't smile normally; it looked crooked. I can now smile normally.
How much was the lipo part? I would like to get a general idea of how much the chin implant procedure's cost was by itself..thank you and you look great! :D
I can't remember how much the lipo was. Probably $1900-2500. It was separated to surgery room fee, anesthesia, chin implant itself fee, chin surgery fee, and neck lipo fee.
I thought something was wrong with what I now know are bruises that appeared days later, but are almost gone. It's healing well. I'm uploading an updated photo today. I was nervous too; very scared it would be botched, but it turned out well. Lipo has been perfected for the most part, and a chin implant is simple. Just don't get one too big. Have the doctor sketch you a photo of how it would look...or ask to see the size and place it on your chin, since that will be the one put in anyways.
Looks really good! Have you had any complications? I'm looking at getting a chin implant and lipo but I'm a little nervous
Thanks =]
My chin wasn't too bad, but my face was puffy like a fish for a couple days, but I suspect that was because of the neck lipo. I am fully de-swollen after about 8 days now. Recovering from a nose job (if they break the bone) would be much worse. A friend of mine got it done and couldn't even open her eyes for a week after and had bruising all over the face for weeks, but has no regrets. Perhaps a nicer profile would result from a chin implant, and make your nose look better? Sometimes a properly sized chin makes the nose seem smaller. I'd have to see pics. Good luck!
5 days after...it looks pretty good =] I am looking to have to get a chin implant too...not by choice tho. I'm getting a rhinoplasty done and the doc said I have to get a chin implant because I have a small chin...sooo I guess that's what I'm doing =\ what was it like after you got it done? Was your chin huge/swollen?
I don't recommend chin implant on my enemy. I wish I had taken all the negative reviews seriously. If you look ok. let it go. Unless you look really really really bad as far as your chin goes, thats only when you should do it. Facial surgery is a HUGE risk. You never know what the outcome will be. it's not 50/50. I think its more like 30/70. 70% chance you won't like it. why risk your good/ok looks for worse look. I see bntayler looks great. I wonder if he can smile fully. I had chin implant and I so regret it. Planning on taking it out ASAP when my surgeon can do it.
Sarah, I can smile just fine. It took a couple months for it to get better though. I disagree with you--this was by far the best investment I ever made in my life. For those with weak jawlines and tiny chins, it is a wonderful thing to have done. Your statistics are faulty and obviously made up. I had trouble finding any botched chin implants prior to my surgery. There is risk with everything!
You don't *have* to get a chin implant. This is an elective surgery. If your doctor is trying to bully you into getting surgery that you don't want, find another doctor.