April 26 Day of Transformation - Aventura, FL

Today is Apr 24,2012 exactly 2 days until my...

Today is Apr 24,2012 exactly 2 days until my surgery! I'm so excited and nervous.... I am 40 yrs old 5'8 219 lbs all belly because I love my other curves I do workout about 3 days a week and lost a total of 38 lbs and still trying to lose more. I'm going to get a tummy tuck plus lipo on my love handles, lower and upper back. I am traveling from Maryland to Miami to get my procedure done by a well known, respected PS after thorough reasearch and a virtual consult and 1000 phone calls to his office I decided he is the doctor that can provide me with outstanding results, I had also seen some of the stories on here and decided that 2012 will be my year of transformation starring me LOL.

I am a mother of 2 beautiful children ages 13 and 5, with a Supportive Hubby, and like many others always putting my family first and me second when I had first decided to do this it was about 5 years ago but then I got pregnant for the last time with my 5 year old son then through the tough economy and problems I decided to put it on hold and concentrate on what I felt was more important than me and that is to provide for my family. Then in 2011 I started to think about it again and decided to do it and once again re-decided to re-design my kitchen which turned out beautiful but I'm still here with this nice kitchen and this oversize APRON...LOL that I do not need. I have a girlfriend who has done this 3 years and constantly was on me all the time "When are you going to do this for your self and I would always say Im going to do it this year and then this year turn into another year and another year and it was not ever going to happen until I decided 2012 was going to be my year I feel so guilty about doing this it almost seems like a guilty pleasure, I could be doing something else is constantly in my head but I always wanted this and of course to make matters worst I am traveling out of state for 10 days I have never been away from my family this long...My hubby constantly makes me feel bad about leaving so many days I wish so much they could come but unfortunately kids are in school and he can not take off for these amount of days and I did not want to wait until smack dead summer to have this procedure. No Way was that going to happen.

I have been on real self for a few months following other journeys and viewing thier transformation and very proud how we are so supportive to each other on this site. I am really nervous about putting pics up here because I am so not liking my apron but Im going to do it so that you guys can share my journey of transformation with me and maybe I can help someone else who may be considering doing this surgery as well.

On my way to the airport its so much traffic I...

On my way to the airport its so much traffic I can't believe how fast this date came I will continue to keep you updated.

Don't know what's wrong with my phone i did this...

Don't know what's wrong with my phone i did this whole spiel and it did not record on RS pissed but today I am 6 days post I'm having a why did I do this to myself moment kind of depress tired of these drains they can not come out until the output is at 25 ccs in a 24 hour period and because of my 3 massages already my output is way more so we have to just be patient I'm not having restful nights its unbearable to get comfortable but trying to managed I'm getting sleeps so that's it for now will keep you updated

11 days PO I just got back home yesterday from...

11 days PO I just got back home yesterday from Aventura, FL and I have too say its bitter sweet because I like being close to the doctor if something goes wrong but i also enjoy being back home wih my family trying to work on being normal again, Im feeling pretty good Im dealing with SWELL HELL, in my abdomen and lower back, this is my 2nd shower since the surgey and my husband thinks this is waaayyy too much to do he is extremely exhausted justed helping me shower, first aid my lipo areas, put lotion on the other areas of my body and helping me dress, he is totally worn out LOL LOL gonna try to put some photos up today but I am totally swollen and and I can not seem to get anyone to take any real good after photos so I will post the ones that are one day Post OP
Dr. Moises Salama

Dr. Salama is the greatest he is a true artist his hands has been truly blessed and he will surpass your expectations beyond any desire,his eye for beauty is on point he listens to what you say and he make magic happen. He is very humble and reserve but he is listening to you. He is amazing what he has done for me I would ever be thankful for such skillful Plastic Surgeon.

Any pictures yet?
you look fantastic!
Congratulations on the new you hope to see before and after pictures :)
@Wonj I am loving my results and so is everyone that notices a differences I am so happy with my results I am still in minor pain at times and dealing with the swelling but I am totally thrilled.Thanks Did the clothes work out for you at the Good will?
TotallyHot, Glad to hear you are feeling better about your results. Yes, I like the clothes I got from Goodwill. I bought things like PJ bottoms, loungers, and some nice robes. I found great t shirts too. After getting rid of the fat from my stomach it looks like I had an instant boob job! So I like my t shirts alot! The store was only a few months open so I got really nice items. I'm still wearing them. :) As far as pain for me, not so much. I still have slight soreness mostly around me BB. I still have swelling around my incision and it's still a little dark. I posted in my profile that my PS has still not allowed my to use the silicone for my incision yet because I have to have a revision a little over two weeks on my right hip because it's larger than the left hip. Otherwise I'm good. I swell after working out, eaten and when it's my monthly. I find that I need to wear my shaper during those times. Overall I feel good about my decision. :)
I TotallyHot I totally went to my local Goodwill for comfy clothes in my earlier recovery days. Many of the items still had tags on them. How are you feeling how, do you like your results?
I see you are a fellow MD girl so just wanted to offer my support! I hope you are recovering well! You are already a solider in my book with the simple fact that you traveled in the middle of all this! Lol! can't wait to see your pics! I'm 5 weeks post op and I promise it gets better each day!
Glad to hear your back home...can't wait to see the pics
Thanks getabooty...it seemed fitting lol
Hang in there an remember this just a temporary bump in the road where you are going to be so much happier!!
Sayingbye2mybelly, I love that name. lol lol
I'm feeling pretty bad today but trying to put in perspective why I did this in the first place and can't wait until I can feel at least 50% better but thanks Getabooty for your kind words and words of encouragement and prayers totally need them right now.
It will get better real soon. I couldnt even go on my computer until 2 weeks cause I was feeling so bad. Girl, I was like a newborn baby. I couldnt do nothing for myself. They had to dress me and bathe me because I was in so much pain. You will start feeling better real soon. You will see it and it will be all worth it in the end.
Hi TotallyHot, how are you feeling. I hope everything went ok. You will be in my prayers. Happy healing
Hope all went perfectly today!
Saying a prayer for you and your surgeon