Two Kids, Tubes Tied, and Now Ready to Bring my Sexy Back...Aventura, FL

I wasn't supposed to be able to have children and...

I wasn't supposed to be able to have children and I never really wanted them until I met my husband ..turns out I had cysts on my ovaries and couldn't conceive for many years but after a lot of prayer I found out that I was pregnant with my son After he was born I considered having my tummy tuck. I was on birth control but it failed and then I got pregnant with my daughter. My son is now 2 1/2 and my daughter is five months old. I'm ready to go for my consultation with Dr. Salama in Aventura Florida on September 10. I sometimes experience feelings of guilt and sometimes I wonder if I'm being selfish by wanting my perfectly flat stomach back, but reading all the reviews here in real self makes me feel that I shouldn't feel that way ; that I deserve to look the way that makes me feel comfortable so I made my appointment for September 10 . I'm almost 100% sure that he is the doctor for me I'm only flying out for one day so that I can get home quickly and be with my kids . I'm a little worried about how they'll be cared for when I am unable to care for them during recovery but I guess I will be flying a family member out with me to help me and also maybe have someone stay here with them to help my husband. I hope to schedule the surgery for the beginning of January 2015. Four months after the TT, I will return to Dr. Salama for BBL depending on how my profile looks after the tummy tuck.

Getting closer to my Aesthetic ideal

So the date for my consultation is set and my plane ticket is bought! I'm very very excited to go and meet Dr. Salama and get more info! One thing that has been on my mind though...I have a 6 month old daughter. I worry about teaching her to have a positive body image in a world where plastic surgery is like a trip to the dentist. I believe what I am going to do is ok, but I can't honestly say that I would know how to explain it to her as she grows up..or t
Miami Plastic Surgeon

No you are not selfish! I have a 6 month old and I feel the same way still still this day and my surgery for salama is September aswell!sometimes I feel she needs things as she's growing and the money I have can go forwards what she needs,but our children will always need as they get older!i do t buy myself anything or do anything because of my appearance ,I have such low self esteem,don't worry momma there's other mommies that were once on the same boat and are glad they went through with the surgery
So true Bibi. I NEVER make purchases for myself anymore. Lol.And I also find myself avoiding doing certain things. I just feel so uncomfortable. Thanks for sharing. :)
Welcome to rs. No need to feel guilty about having this done Hun, I waited 12 years to get mine done, I'm 3 days PO now and so glad I went thru with it!
And how are you feeling? Are you standing straight up yet? Oh and one more question, are you at a recovery house or is someone taking care of you?
Hi I'm feeling great. I was in hospital for 2 days and now at home and my partner is helping me do things. In Australia things are different, we have to stay in hospital for between 2 and 7 days then a nurse comes to my house to check me every day. I have only bee on Panadol, basic pain killer you buy from the supermarket without a script, since the morning after my TT, day 2 in the afternoon I wasn't walking very hunched over, now at the end of day 3 I'm pretty much standing and walking straight :) I was very fit , well and active before the procedure though which helps.
Sure does help to be in shape..recovery is easier. I plan on losing weight and improving my overall health quite a bit before my surgery.
Girl welcome to rs......I think we all feel selfish going into this.......I sometimes feel good about it and sometimes I back to day one feeling bad again.....mixed emotions as if I'm pregnant again...lol omg.....
Thanks ladies...your encouragement means a lot!!!
You deserve to look and feel beautiful. I was 59 when I had my tummy tuck and I certainly don't regret it! Dr Salama is great! Go for it!
I'm so looking forward to meeting...I have searched and searched but can't find a negative review anywhere!!