__________

Today I scheduled my BBL with Dr. Salama for July...

Today I scheduled my BBL with Dr. Salama for July 19. I wanted it sooner but because of work and the fact that my mother in flying down with me I had to choose July. I’m a 25y.o. mother of a 16 month old and my body hasn’t been the same since my delivery. Even before I had my daughter I wanted surgery done but it wasn’t a priority because I was still in shape with a nice body. But now it seems like nothing I do will give me my old body back. I’m currently 5’5’’ at 185lbs. I originally want just lipo but I thought I’ll make good use of my fat so I opted for a BBL. I’ve been searching for a good surgeon for almost a year before choosing Dr. Salama. All the doctors in my town that give good results are all too expensive and since I’m paying in cash it would take me forever to save that kind of money. I’m just hoping and praying that Dr. Salama will give a successful surgery.

For the ladies that have had surgery with Dr. Salama or who have made a deposit already, did you receive a receipt showing that you did? I emailed Ruben about it and he said I will get the receipt and my remaining balance when they mail me the pre-op package, but that will be in a few months. I’m pretty sure they won’t dispute the fact that I paid my deposit, but I would just like to have it just in case. I already printed a copy on my back statement showing that they took their money out, so hopefully that will be enough if I have a problem. Also, what hotel in the area is decent? I was thinking about Best Western because it seems the cheapest so far but I don’t want to stay in a dump. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I will upload my before pics soon.

Not much to update other than that I have gained...

Not much to update other than that I have gained 8lbs. and I wasn’t trying too. I really wanted to stay at 185lbs or maybe even lose some weight but it looks like it's not happening. I just don't want to be too over weight when I get my surgery. I have decided to get a TT, even though Dr.S said I didn't need one, but I won't get it done until next year. I honestly don't think I can handle recovering from a BBL and TT at the same time so I'm just going to do them separate. Plus it's a Dr in my area that does great TT (not to say that Dr.S doesn’t). Other than that I am counting down to my surgery date and until then I will try to lose some of this weight.

So far everything is going good. I lost the 8lbs....

So far everything is going good. I lost the 8lbs. I gained so I’m happy with that. I booked my hotel and flight. The only things left to do are my pre-op appt and to pack my stuff for my trip. I also need to start looking into where I can go to continue my massages when I return home. I’m trying to figure out a way to take time off from work. I was going to use FMLA but deiced not to because I didn’t want everyone at work in my business, so I’m just going to take a leave of absence for 3 weeks. I’ve been prepping my skin by moisturizing 2-3 times a day and washing with shea butter soap. I can already see my current stretch marks starting to fade. Other than that it’s nothing else to update. I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted as my surgery date gets near.

Sorry that i havent been keeping you all updated...

Sorry that i havent been keeping you all updated on my sergury. So many things have been going on. I had my bbl july 19 and got 1500cc in each cheek. I go today for my first post op appt. When i get back i will post pics and give a better review.

I havent for got about you ladies. Im just one on...

I havent for got about you ladies. Im just one on them ppl that sleeps my pain away. Right now im waiting for my garment to dry after i get it back on ill update. But here are some pics

Ok i forgot how to post pics

Ok i forgot how to post pics

Sorry for deleting and not updating my review, but...

Sorry for deleting and not updating my review, but this surgery has been hard on me. My recovery has been a mess for me and I didn’t want to post negative reviews until I got over my slump. So I’m 25 days post-op and I’m not happy with my results. The reason why is because my right butt cheek is noticeably bigger, fuller and rounder than the left. I know I’m only almost 4 weeks post-op but honestly my butt has been uneven since my day of surgery. I thought that maybe I was more swollen on one side than the other but it’s obvious that my right side was injected differently/more than the other. I emailed Ruben about my concern and I’m waiting for a reply. I honestly wished I never got a BBL and just got a TT. Since my drains were pulled I developed a seroma that had to be drained 3 times. And stupid me didn’t get the insurance. I had it drained once by Dr.Salama before I left, once in the ER and again by a local plastic surgeon in my area. I’m just waiting for my hospital bill to see how much more I will have to pay out of pocket. Hopefully my own health insurance will cover some of the cost since I stressed to the Dr to write the claim in a way that the insurance company would cover my visit. The local plastic surgeon was very nice and helpful but he was criticizing Dr. Salama’s work and technique. But that’s a whole different story.

Anyway, I still get very swollen at times. I’m in the process of finding a physical therapist that can give me ultrasonic massages. I was originally going to Massage Envy to get my massages but they didn’t know what they were doing and were acting too scared to really touch me. My stomach is still hard and still gets numb at times. My butt is starting to soften and jiggle. But no one will be seeing my butt any time soon because it being so noticeably uneven I’m now self-conscious to wear tight pants scared that someone will notice. My stomach also looks a saggy mess but I kind of expected that so I’m not really tripping about that. I just wish my butt would have been more symmetrical. I know I will have to go for round 2 but most likely I will not be going back to Dr.Salama, I’m going to stay local.

Well that’s the end of my rant. I will post some pics as soon as I can get someone to take them for me. Feel free to ask me any questions you will like or if think I forgot to add anything. Hope I was helpful.

I forgot to add, if you live outside of Florida...

I forgot to add, if you live outside of Florida and don’t have the means to fly back if you were to have a complication I would suggest you look up plastic surgeons in your area that are willing to see patients who had work done out of town. Not all surgeons are willing to touch you after you had work done by another Dr. Also to me they are faster and more experienced than going to the ER. They’re also cheaper and more understanding of us wanting to get cosmetic surgery.

I talked to Dr. Salama yesterday about my concerns...

I talked to Dr. Salama yesterday about my concerns. He said the usual I should wait 6 months to really see my final results. He said one butt cheek may have more inflammation than the other or simply the smaller cheek didn’t hold the fat that was injected. I did notice that the bigger cheek is getting smaller but my butt is still noticeably uneven. I still don’t feel comfortable wearing tight pants.

Added my post-op pics. I will write an update later.

Added my post-op pics. I will write an update later.

So it’s been 6weeks since my surgery and things...

So it’s been 6weeks since my surgery and things are getting a little better. My butt is still slightly uneven but it’s getting better. The side that’s bigger is still hard at the top so I’m praying that it’s just swelling and will go down to match the other cheek. I emailed Ruben and he said the bigger cheek probably had a more successful fat survival rate than the other and with fat grafting it’s no way to predict how much fat will or will not survive. But like I said I just hope it’s swelling and not fat.

But moving on….I had my friend inspect my butt. Lol. Like I made him sit and stare at my butt for a good 10 minutes. He said he can notice my butt being uneven but you really had to look hard to tell the difference which I doubt someone will be inspecting my butt that hard, but you never know. He reassured me my butt looks good and not to worry. But it’s hard when you know that something isn’t prefect. As you all can see the appearance of my stomach is still the same from before the surgery the only thing now is its flatter. I still get swollen and sharp shooting pains but it’s getting softer and flatter as the days passes.

I’m sure I left some things out, so if you have any questions let me know. And thank you all for the well wishes

Just a quick update.....So this Thursday (9/13/12)...

Just a quick update.....So this Thursday (9/13/12) I will be 8weeks post-op and things are getting better. The swelling is going down and becoming less frequent. My butt is starting to look more even but I still have a little bit of swelling on the right cheek and it still hangs a little lower than the left. My left cheek has a dent, so I guess that is where the fat didn’t take. It also looks squarish. I already had a wide squarish butt before the surgery so I guess I will always have one no matter how much surgery I get. My stomach is looking really good considering I didn’t get a tummy tuck. I still have hardness in some areas but it’s much flatter than before the surgery. My feeling about my surgery has taken a complete 180 turn and I’m happy I did it. But I will be getting a touch up to fix where the fat didn’t take. However, I still don’t know if I will be going back to Dr.Salama for my touch up.

I’m 2 months post-op today and everything is...

I’m 2 months post-op today and everything is pretty much the same. I still have swelling around my abdomen and lower back. I brought a waist clincher so I don’t wear my full body garment any more. It seems that my butt has fluffed out but is still uneven. The right side is fuller and rounder and the left side will need a touch up. It’s obvious that my upper back wasn’t lipoed because my fat hangs over my waist clincher. So I guess when I get my touch up I will get that taken care of. I’m more pleased with my lipo than I am about my butt. My butt does not look like a Salama butt and I’ve seen girls with much better results than mines. I guess it’s all a gamble no matter how much you research or how many reviews you read.

I’ve been getting messages to do an update about...

I’ve been getting messages to do an update about my surgery and everything is pretty much the same as before. My butt is still uneven and after the swelling has come down I now see that my lipo’ed areas on my abdomen and sides are uneven as well. I went for a consultation with Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez to discuss a revision and a tummy tuck, hopefully I will be able to fix everything by the end of this year. However, I will continue consult with other doctors. Also the swelling on my upper right butt cheek that I mentioned in my previous reviews is actually dead fat that I will have to get lipo’ed out. I don’t want to bring any drama to my review so I will say this…believe the negative reviews and pay attention to the red flags. I haven’t been on the site in a while but it looks like Dr. Salama isn’t as popular as he once was before. I wish I would have gone to another Dr for my BBL and had not fed into the Salama craze. But you get what you pay for. I will try to post pics in a few days. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

I'm sorry to hear the outcome if ur bbl..I was considering dr salama or dr jimerson in Atlanta. It seems like I hear good and a little bad about both docs, this is the absolute hardest decision to make! How do u feel about things now...any advise?
O my god, now that I read your review. I'm about to cancel my surgery next month with DR. SALAMA, I don't have money and time to have a revision. Do you recommend DR. RODRIGUEZ. please help me with this decision. Thanks.
Have you met with dr Markmann? Are you in the DMV area?
Thank you for the review. I am sorry this happened to you. In the past week I think I've read at least 5 bad reviews from this doctor. I can't understand why people who have seen this information would still want to go to him. He also has his assistant stocking the blogs (CREEPY)! Yeah lots of red flags. Anyway, good luck to you and happy recovery.
thanks for the update., is so scary to keep hearing salama girls are pretty much the only ones with revision need it . why go through all that recovery etc just to get revision down the road. I m confuse about actually going through him, ,. it seems like his best work is when he is used to charge less . But overall i m happy u r getting a revision with one of the best surgeons.
Thanks for the update, glad to hear about your revision.
Dr.rodriguez seems like a good doctor, when I started researching doctors he was at the top of my list but his prices are very high. I also agree its much better when your close to your surgeon, I'm in MD and its been terrible finding a good massage place. This is not an easy process.
Hey I pm'd you two massage ppl.
My bad I hate using this on the ipad I meant to say that don't let the people on real self get to you by their irrelevant comments!
Don't knock what people have to say especially after what you have been through. I personally think you are doing the right thing by telling us your story and I appreciate it. I was actually contemplating if I made the right decision of not choosing Salama but after reading so many people's stories on here freaks me out. Thank you again and everything will get better! xoxo
Thank you for the update love. I'm sorry that you did not get the results that you seeked, but I'm glad that you still seem to be in high spirits and that you are taking it in stride. I look forward to following your updates when it is time for your revision.
How are you healIng
Wow we look like twins. Literally. I wish u would update and be honest as we have similar post op results and i was getting bashed for speaking out. Either way know that u have a sister in this
During his first few months, he was doing real well which inspired me to book with him and put down a deposit.

I have been on these boards mentioned earlier for a while myself, and I have also noticed the trend.

But I am having second thoughts. I think Salama is doing too many surgeries in a day, as soon as he is finished with one, he goes to another which could be effecting the quality of his work. In the beginning when his work was consistently good he was doing less surgeries in a day, and in my opinion he had more time to give to each girl. I thought he did three surgeries a day. I had no idea it went to four wow. Three is still too much for me. And I was told that Dr. Salama doesn't like wish pictures. Hmmm...

I have also seen the several reviews on makemeheal.com where girls were complaining a bout Dr. Jimerson, and Dr. Mendieta and all the others, but I have seen many more girls go to Dr. Salama than Dr. Jimerson. But I am seeing a little too many touch ups and girls having to go back for revisions and far too many girls complaining about reabsorbing. I am questioning that. I was also feeling like they are starting to make excuses. I have seen plenty of naturally square butts come out looking nice and round from other doctors including Dr. Salama himself. I think if Dr. Salama would stop doing so many surgeries in one day his good work will come back.
That dr work is not impressing me at all.. everyone is being shaped like the figure 8 and he is not working to define the shape each individual has. Such a joke.
Also the fact that dr. S offers free touch up is even something we should all be happy about, all we pay is the anesthesia which is like $1,500 I think. Call Dr. Mendieta's or other surgeons office and ask what their policies on touch up is and yet Dr. S is among the least expensive BBL drs? Most surgeons refuse to do free touch ups unless its a really severe case like you were completely disfigured or some ish like that. I think a lot of girls are going for touch ups because Dr S even offers that option . Before you get any plastic surgery, you sign paperwork informing you of the risks and potential of not being satisfied or achieving your desired results, this is standard always because plastic surgery is never guaranteed. I've had lipo before with another surgeon, I wasn't satisfied and I was pretty much told by the surgeon you are shit of luck : (
So Salama is doing patients a favor by not doing the surgery correctly and "only" charging for anesthesia? lol It's definitely not just $1,500. People are spending thousands extra just to get flights, hotels, travel, anesthesia, missing work, being away from their families. It's not just $1,500 they're losing. And if it was done correctly the first time, trust me, they wouldn't be going for revisions in the first place. I'm sorry he's not doing anyone a favor! It's an inconvenience!

Alot of girls are going for touchups because they need them! Not because he offer them. That's silly. And the man is not so cheap anymore. I considered him cheap when he was charging $5k. He's not cheap, especially considering touch ups and stuff.
From the last email I got from Ruben Dr. Salama does not do free touch ups. A touch up can be anywhere between 1500-3500 depending how much touching up needs to be done. Pluse the facility fee $500 and anesthesia $450.
Chrissy thanks for letting me know... Well ladies, it is really not my intention to turn this into a long drawn out thing, I was just trying to offer a different perspective, my perspective on Dr S. At the end of the day, we all have to choose the Dr. we trust to give us what we want and have our safety in mind. Like I keep saying, there is no such thing as the Perfect doctor, even the best drs cannot guarantee results, they will make you sign paperwork stating that too. And if you believe there is, please and pretty please let me know when you find him cuz I've been looking for him for the past 5 years : )
I agree. My doc charges 5000 for a touch up/round to and its then where imperfections are corrected
Hi girls, all I can say is that pictures with RECENT!! results speak for themselves, and as badbitch said is not a few bad reviews is plenty, I am not saying hes a bad doctor I dont know about now but before he was capable to transform messed up bodies into sexy ones. NOW! that isnt the case the fact is that many girls are complaining for the same issues and its all about the same doctor. also him been booked up for next year explains why girls keep getting bad outcomes, 4 surgeries a day with each one lasting about 4 hrs or more is equal to either he is getting assisted by another surgeon, or doing it all byhimself and getting burned off, which is equal to bad results for the poor girls here, and second rounds or touch ups for lost of volume or other issues it sucks!
All I can say I love Dr. S because I've seen his work in person and it was of recent and it was a huge transformation. And I'm not sure what reviews you guys are referring to, I've seen great results from Dr. S, perhaps 1 or 2 bad ones but mostly great results. Some of the pics that I saw which the results were ok or not good, if you look at the Pre-op photos the lady is usually extremely large or extremely thin and there's only so much the dr. can do.
@wantabooty U R right if he keeps doing things wrong and girls keep needing touch ups or second rounds he"ll stop being so famous and will star losing patients. I havent seen this happening with DrJ or mendieta as I see it happening with Dr Salama!! I dont know I am suspecting that they are doing this just to get more money out of patients, and thats unethical. Also the excuses they are giving for not achiving good results are vague because they say that its because some girls are overweight and expect unrealistic results, or that everyones body is different at absorbing the fact injected and some might need a touch up or a second round, as I keep saying if this is done properly a second round would not be needed, and results should be permanent, this is the answer I got from other doctors.
flatbooty why don't you google reviews for Dr. Mendieta, you will find A TON of negative reviews but yet he is one of the best BBL dr's. The matter of fact is there is NO perfect doctor! I read a girl's review on MakeMeHeal.com and she was complaining that Dr. J left her lopsided yet he too is one of the best BBL dr's. I read a review for Dr. Markmann where the girl wanted a second round because her hips were uneven and he too is one of the top and more expensive BBL drs. You just go with who you feel comfortable with. Some girls want a second round because they either want a bigger booty or they need more fat taken out because they had a lot fat to begin with before surgery and in FL, there is a limit, for safety reasons, of fat that can be taken out. Some people go into surgery thinking it's a weightloss procedure, guess what if you go in overweight, you will come out overweight. These are doctors and not magicians. Even Dr. Jimmerson has patients that are going for 2nd round. If you look at Dr. S reviews, over 90% are good and only a few are negative, so why focus so much on the negative? It seems girls are complaining but yet he is still booked out for a year lol and that's because he is a great BBL dr. There are lot of girls that have great results and don't post on realself.
Being booked out for a year doesn't make you a great doctor. It actually makes you look greedy. People are booking him because of the few good girls he had this year. Everyone jumped on the bandwagon or the hype parade and just started riding. But when you are no longer producing the results, people start to take notice and that is exactly whats going on.

I also understand that multiple no person is perfect and you can find at least 1 negative complaint for every doctor. It's not the one negative complaint that has people waking up and smelling the coffee. It's MULTIPLE complaints and people are complaining about the same thing.

For safety reasons, everyone knows there's a legal limit to the amount that can taken out during a procedure. It's also understandable that your pre-surgery body has to be fully examined. But I've read on realself plenty of girls who do not have the personable interactions with Dr. Salama. If they had personable interactions with the Dr., he would be able to FULLY examine them before surgery. He would look at their wish pictures (and not get annoyed and have girls on here scared to share their desires with him.) I've notice girls on here afraid to show the doctor their wish pics. Well, if they were able to openly discuss the surgery with them prior to surgery, then would he be able to tell them, that's unrealistic, but this is what I can do. This is one of the problems.