__________

Today I scheduled my BBL with Dr. Salama for July...

Today I scheduled my BBL with Dr. Salama for July 19. I wanted it sooner but because of work and the fact that my mother in flying down with me I had to choose July. I’m a 25y.o. mother of a 16 month old and my body hasn’t been the same since my delivery. Even before I had my daughter I wanted surgery done but it wasn’t a priority because I was still in shape with a nice body. But now it seems like nothing I do will give me my old body back. I’m currently 5’5’’ at 185lbs. I originally want just lipo but I thought I’ll make good use of my fat so I opted for a BBL. I’ve been searching for a good surgeon for almost a year before choosing Dr. Salama. All the doctors in my town that give good results are all too expensive and since I’m paying in cash it would take me forever to save that kind of money. I’m just hoping and praying that Dr. Salama will give a successful surgery.

For the ladies that have had surgery with Dr. Salama or who have made a deposit already, did you receive a receipt showing that you did? I emailed Ruben about it and he said I will get the receipt and my remaining balance when they mail me the pre-op package, but that will be in a few months. I’m pretty sure they won’t dispute the fact that I paid my deposit, but I would just like to have it just in case. I already printed a copy on my back statement showing that they took their money out, so hopefully that will be enough if I have a problem. Also, what hotel in the area is decent? I was thinking about Best Western because it seems the cheapest so far but I don’t want to stay in a dump. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I will upload my before pics soon.

Hello well atleast you have Prof of a payment so can't no one say you didn't make a payment. Good luck sweetie.
I paid my deposit over the phone with a debit card and I can see the charge on my bank statement. I was also advised receipt will come with package, but i was told weeks not months

Not much to update other than that I have gained...

Not much to update other than that I have gained 8lbs. and I wasn’t trying too. I really wanted to stay at 185lbs or maybe even lose some weight but it looks like it's not happening. I just don't want to be too over weight when I get my surgery. I have decided to get a TT, even though Dr.S said I didn't need one, but I won't get it done until next year. I honestly don't think I can handle recovering from a BBL and TT at the same time so I'm just going to do them separate. Plus it's a Dr in my area that does great TT (not to say that Dr.S doesn’t). Other than that I am counting down to my surgery date and until then I will try to lose some of this weight.

@chrissy & Amanda

My body is shape some what like yours as well. I'm 5"0 feet in a 160 pound now. I have had 2 c- sections with both of my kids,so I also have stretch marks as well. But it doesn't show that much in my pics. I have my first apt with dr.s June 13th. I have already book my surgery due to the dates continue to go up. So the earliest date I could get was nov 6. I wish u have a good recovery and Plz post after pics.
@ChrissyPriss My body is somewhat like you. Im 5'1 174 and i would like to lose weight before my procedure. I havent even started to have consultations but Im hearing so much about DR Salama.
@jbaby623 Thats good to hear. So I hope to be getting mines soon. I can't wait.

@atlgrl I don’t know if you can tell by my pics but my stomach has stretch marks all over it from my pregnancy. So even though Dr.S says he thinks my skin will tighten up after the BBL I highly doubt it. But you never know. So I'm still going to start saving my money for my TT just in case.
I think you have to create a review in order to upload pics. That’s how I was able to do so.

So far everything is going good. I lost the 8lbs....

So far everything is going good. I lost the 8lbs. I gained so I’m happy with that. I booked my hotel and flight. The only things left to do are my pre-op appt and to pack my stuff for my trip. I also need to start looking into where I can go to continue my massages when I return home. I’m trying to figure out a way to take time off from work. I was going to use FMLA but deiced not to because I didn’t want everyone at work in my business, so I’m just going to take a leave of absence for 3 weeks. I’ve been prepping my skin by moisturizing 2-3 times a day and washing with shea butter soap. I can already see my current stretch marks starting to fade. Other than that it’s nothing else to update. I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted as my surgery date gets near.

Hey girl Im july 17th! hope to see you there ;)
2 more weeks u almost there can't wait to see your post op pics. Best wishes..
hey girl,
the big day is coming up... are you excited?

Sorry that i havent been keeping you all updated...

Sorry that i havent been keeping you all updated on my sergury. So many things have been going on. I had my bbl july 19 and got 1500cc in each cheek. I go today for my first post op appt. When i get back i will post pics and give a better review.

Happy healing to ChrissyPriss n Tease get better.
Glad your doing good, hope things get better
Congrats can't wait to see your results, I hope you have a speedy recover.

I havent for got about you ladies. Im just one on...

I havent for got about you ladies. Im just one on them ppl that sleeps my pain away. Right now im waiting for my garment to dry after i get it back on ill update. But here are some pics

Ok i forgot how to post pics

Ok i forgot how to post pics

Go to update and scroll down where it says add pics. Hope that helps. Happy healing!
More sore than pain but its getting better each day. I just sleep a lot. I get up every hour walk around eat or drink and lay back down.
U look good girl yes I believe the board will help. It doesn't look bad at all. I rather I that then what I have now lol. Nice job. Have a good recovery. Are u in any pain??

Sorry for deleting and not updating my review, but...

Sorry for deleting and not updating my review, but this surgery has been hard on me. My recovery has been a mess for me and I didn’t want to post negative reviews until I got over my slump. So I’m 25 days post-op and I’m not happy with my results. The reason why is because my right butt cheek is noticeably bigger, fuller and rounder than the left. I know I’m only almost 4 weeks post-op but honestly my butt has been uneven since my day of surgery. I thought that maybe I was more swollen on one side than the other but it’s obvious that my right side was injected differently/more than the other. I emailed Ruben about my concern and I’m waiting for a reply. I honestly wished I never got a BBL and just got a TT. Since my drains were pulled I developed a seroma that had to be drained 3 times. And stupid me didn’t get the insurance. I had it drained once by Dr.Salama before I left, once in the ER and again by a local plastic surgeon in my area. I’m just waiting for my hospital bill to see how much more I will have to pay out of pocket. Hopefully my own health insurance will cover some of the cost since I stressed to the Dr to write the claim in a way that the insurance company would cover my visit. The local plastic surgeon was very nice and helpful but he was criticizing Dr. Salama’s work and technique. But that’s a whole different story.

Anyway, I still get very swollen at times. I’m in the process of finding a physical therapist that can give me ultrasonic massages. I was originally going to Massage Envy to get my massages but they didn’t know what they were doing and were acting too scared to really touch me. My stomach is still hard and still gets numb at times. My butt is starting to soften and jiggle. But no one will be seeing my butt any time soon because it being so noticeably uneven I’m now self-conscious to wear tight pants scared that someone will notice. My stomach also looks a saggy mess but I kind of expected that so I’m not really tripping about that. I just wish my butt would have been more symmetrical. I know I will have to go for round 2 but most likely I will not be going back to Dr.Salama, I’m going to stay local.

Well that’s the end of my rant. I will post some pics as soon as I can get someone to take them for me. Feel free to ask me any questions you will like or if think I forgot to add anything. Hope I was helpful.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I forgot to add, if you live outside of Florida...

I forgot to add, if you live outside of Florida and don’t have the means to fly back if you were to have a complication I would suggest you look up plastic surgeons in your area that are willing to see patients who had work done out of town. Not all surgeons are willing to touch you after you had work done by another Dr. Also to me they are faster and more experienced than going to the ER. They’re also cheaper and more understanding of us wanting to get cosmetic surgery.

I'm so sorry to hear about your surgery. I hope you hear some good news from Ruben. And thanks for updating because your update will help alot of us that might have the same issues in the future. Thanks again. ps...realself is have some updating problem so alot of the girls may not read your post until they fix it. I just to happen came across your post. For example your update is saying July 22.

I talked to Dr. Salama yesterday about my concerns...

I talked to Dr. Salama yesterday about my concerns. He said the usual I should wait 6 months to really see my final results. He said one butt cheek may have more inflammation than the other or simply the smaller cheek didn’t hold the fat that was injected. I did notice that the bigger cheek is getting smaller but my butt is still noticeably uneven. I still don’t feel comfortable wearing tight pants.

I too am so sorry that your surgery did not turn out the way you imagined it too. It is so demoralizing when you get the courage to do something, especially as scary as this, and you plan, you save, you get excited, and then it does not come out the way you wanted it to. Its very discouraging, especially for ones like me who have not gotten it done yet. But I do hope that you will find a great doctor who can fix the problem, for a great cost, if the problem does not fix it self in 6 months. Thanks so much for sharing your story. I hope many more will be enlightened. I have noticed ALOT of Salama girls (following the hype and excitement) who have gotten their procedures done within the last 4-6 months by Dr.S...and have completely disappeared. They were so outspoken and excited pre surgery, then after surgery, its like, nothing! I want to believe its because they are still in the post surgery stage, but after 2-3 months, it would be nice to get an honest review (just like you have given) about his work (like don't disappear...lol).

I have noticed that in the past year Dr. S has gotten extremely popular because of the amount of ccs he injects and the price. In the very beginning he was the bomb!!! There was not one patient of his that I did not love. Unfortunately, I have also noticed that once he started getting more attention and great reviews, he has accepted more and more patients, doing probably 3-5 bbl surgeries a day (based on his technique he can knock it out in 4 hrs). I too was going to to go him, but when I started to notice that A LOT of his girls started requesting for round 2, or touch up, or complaining about this or that, it got me worried (I dunno but is quantity better than quality?). No doubt he is a great doctor, but you girls are right, the work does not match...some will be awesome, some are mediocre, others are just WTF! So maybe he is training someone...you really do not know because your "under", until you see your results.

Again I am so sorry and hope that things do work out. Please do not by the whole, consultation the day before surgery (thats BS). If your gonna spend 1000s of dollars, you need to get your money's worth, before, during, and after...you have earned that right!!!

Personally, although he is expensive, I have decided not to go to Dr.S (as I was planning to a couple of months ago)...but Dr. Markmann.
I am as well so sorry to hear that you have hard time recovering. Not having the result you were looking for it even more hurtful. I hope Dr Salama will man up and offer you a second round for free. Until then I wish you good luck. Please keep us updated .
Dr. Salama does NOT do corrections for free, only at a discount. I am sorry you have to go through this ChrissyPriss. We all want to look our best. And for you to feel like this afterwards is not acceptable. I thank you for coming back and sharing with us. I feel like he has been doing this and there are even more who dont' come forward. This shouldn't happen to anyone. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Do you even feel up to thinking about your choices? Please don't let all this bum you out too bad. Just cause he's a big dumby doesn't mean they are all bad. Keep hope & faith. If you ever need to talk just message me.

Added my post-op pics. I will write an update later.

Added my post-op pics. I will write an update later.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

So it’s been 6weeks since my surgery and things...

So it’s been 6weeks since my surgery and things are getting a little better. My butt is still slightly uneven but it’s getting better. The side that’s bigger is still hard at the top so I’m praying that it’s just swelling and will go down to match the other cheek. I emailed Ruben and he said the bigger cheek probably had a more successful fat survival rate than the other and with fat grafting it’s no way to predict how much fat will or will not survive. But like I said I just hope it’s swelling and not fat.

But moving on….I had my friend inspect my butt. Lol. Like I made him sit and stare at my butt for a good 10 minutes. He said he can notice my butt being uneven but you really had to look hard to tell the difference which I doubt someone will be inspecting my butt that hard, but you never know. He reassured me my butt looks good and not to worry. But it’s hard when you know that something isn’t prefect. As you all can see the appearance of my stomach is still the same from before the surgery the only thing now is its flatter. I still get swollen and sharp shooting pains but it’s getting softer and flatter as the days passes.

I’m sure I left some things out, so if you have any questions let me know. And thank you all for the well wishes

I honestly think you look Great!!! I hope this lifts your spirit a bit.
Thanks!
Did Dr S offer you a revision ! This doesn't look good for him! I made my deposit & now I'm reconsidering! He should offer a revision for free , like one of the girls stated above its about customer satisfaction!!! I'm quite sure, people in his office read these blogs! And the thought of him using another DR while the girls are under is illegal without they permission or consent! So ladies please read the Fine print, I'm a Nurse & the patients are our customers they need to be happy! Besides this I think you look great! Hard for me to tell the cheeks are uneven, actually I just don't see it! I hope huge DR or someone from his office steps forward!

Just a quick update.....So this Thursday (9/13/12)...

Just a quick update.....So this Thursday (9/13/12) I will be 8weeks post-op and things are getting better. The swelling is going down and becoming less frequent. My butt is starting to look more even but I still have a little bit of swelling on the right cheek and it still hangs a little lower than the left. My left cheek has a dent, so I guess that is where the fat didn’t take. It also looks squarish. I already had a wide squarish butt before the surgery so I guess I will always have one no matter how much surgery I get. My stomach is looking really good considering I didn’t get a tummy tuck. I still have hardness in some areas but it’s much flatter than before the surgery. My feeling about my surgery has taken a complete 180 turn and I’m happy I did it. But I will be getting a touch up to fix where the fat didn’t take. However, I still don’t know if I will be going back to Dr.Salama for my touch up.

My surgery is today, why do you say that, what did you notice.
Glad to know you're feeling better
WHY DO U FEEL LIKE U WONT GO TO SALAMA FOR TOUCH UP? JUST CURIOUS? ALSO DID U TELL HIM WHAT KIND OF BUTT YOU WANTED MINUS A WISH PICK?

I’m 2 months post-op today and everything is...

I’m 2 months post-op today and everything is pretty much the same. I still have swelling around my abdomen and lower back. I brought a waist clincher so I don’t wear my full body garment any more. It seems that my butt has fluffed out but is still uneven. The right side is fuller and rounder and the left side will need a touch up. It’s obvious that my upper back wasn’t lipoed because my fat hangs over my waist clincher. So I guess when I get my touch up I will get that taken care of. I’m more pleased with my lipo than I am about my butt. My butt does not look like a Salama butt and I’ve seen girls with much better results than mines. I guess it’s all a gamble no matter how much you research or how many reviews you read.

How are you healIng
Wow we look like twins. Literally. I wish u would update and be honest as we have similar post op results and i was getting bashed for speaking out. Either way know that u have a sister in this
During his first few months, he was doing real well which inspired me to book with him and put down a deposit.

I have been on these boards mentioned earlier for a while myself, and I have also noticed the trend.

But I am having second thoughts. I think Salama is doing too many surgeries in a day, as soon as he is finished with one, he goes to another which could be effecting the quality of his work. In the beginning when his work was consistently good he was doing less surgeries in a day, and in my opinion he had more time to give to each girl. I thought he did three surgeries a day. I had no idea it went to four wow. Three is still too much for me. And I was told that Dr. Salama doesn't like wish pictures. Hmmm...

I have also seen the several reviews on makemeheal.com where girls were complaining a bout Dr. Jimerson, and Dr. Mendieta and all the others, but I have seen many more girls go to Dr. Salama than Dr. Jimerson. But I am seeing a little too many touch ups and girls having to go back for revisions and far too many girls complaining about reabsorbing. I am questioning that. I was also feeling like they are starting to make excuses. I have seen plenty of naturally square butts come out looking nice and round from other doctors including Dr. Salama himself. I think if Dr. Salama would stop doing so many surgeries in one day his good work will come back.

I’ve been getting messages to do an update about...

I’ve been getting messages to do an update about my surgery and everything is pretty much the same as before. My butt is still uneven and after the swelling has come down I now see that my lipo’ed areas on my abdomen and sides are uneven as well. I went for a consultation with Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez to discuss a revision and a tummy tuck, hopefully I will be able to fix everything by the end of this year. However, I will continue consult with other doctors. Also the swelling on my upper right butt cheek that I mentioned in my previous reviews is actually dead fat that I will have to get lipo’ed out. I don’t want to bring any drama to my review so I will say this…believe the negative reviews and pay attention to the red flags. I haven’t been on the site in a while but it looks like Dr. Salama isn’t as popular as he once was before. I wish I would have gone to another Dr for my BBL and had not fed into the Salama craze. But you get what you pay for. I will try to post pics in a few days. If you have any questions feel free to message me.

I'm sorry to hear the outcome if ur bbl..I was considering dr salama or dr jimerson in Atlanta. It seems like I hear good and a little bad about both docs, this is the absolute hardest decision to make! How do u feel about things now...any advise?
O my god, now that I read your review. I'm about to cancel my surgery next month with DR. SALAMA, I don't have money and time to have a revision. Do you recommend DR. RODRIGUEZ. please help me with this decision. Thanks.
Have you met with dr Markmann? Are you in the DMV area?