Laser Limelight and Genesis - Australia

I have Roseaca. I have been seeing a therapist for...

I have Roseaca. I have been seeing a therapist for about 2.5yrs now and she had been the only therapist to ever improve and help my skin condition. I have had light therapy with her (blue light, red light - non invasive light therapy) along with using good products like cosmedix.My skin got to its best state ever.

I had one session of Genesis about 4 months ago and it worked fine, did not notice much difference.

Anyway i went back last week and my therapist did limelight on me. She did it on a low setting and got through one side of my face and half my neck and i am totally messed up. She had to stopp as the laser would pretty much frying my skin. I have now been off work for 4 days and can't go out in the sun and i look like a puffer fish thats been in a train wreck. I am on anti-imflammatory's to help reduce the swelling, antibiotics to minimise infection as i have blisters and open skin, i am on sleeping tablets as i can't relax or get comfortable to sleep. Each days i have improved and the therapist has been very caring and has been getting me to go see her and my dr every day to assess and help with the healing process. I am so worried that i am going to be scared and have permanent damage. Check out my photo's - these are from today four days after getting the treatment done. Limelight market their product as non-invasive with no down time??? I am so sorry i got this done.

read from my experience

Hi I hope things have improved for you after some time. Can you give us the name of the doctor? I have been suggested the same treatment. I
I will never use laser again! Tried it on spider veins once & it was painful and felt a slight burning sesation & it made them worse. For spider veins will go back to the needle with saline, no more laser for me. Even a doctor has to really know what they are doing & use the right laser. I've seen horror stories on tv & people getting their faces burnt, that's why I tried it on my legs first, & still not sure the dark color will ever disappear.

Hi vinqz,

Oh my I'm sorry that you are dealing with that. It seems weird that this is happening as you had already had the procedure and it went fine. I'm sorry that you are going through this, but thank you so much for the picture and please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review and have a nice week!

-Britt