Removal 12 Weeks Ago - Australia

I am writing this so that anyone who is...

I am writing this so that anyone who is considering having their Breast Implant removed will have some more information from someone who has had it done recently.

I am now at week 12 and I am happy to say I look great!!!

I had 330cc teardrop saline implants for 11yrs then in April 2010 I upsized to 700cc round silicone implants, shortly after the surgery I developed Double Bubble for the surgeon lowering my crease, so in August 2010 I underwent further surgery to have the implant placed over the muscle. As soon as I recovered I felt they were way too heavy and the left one was starting to drop off to the side, "Lateral Disposition". So began the search for a fix. I saw 3 surgeons and had many phone conversations and searched the web for any info I could find.

I had the implants removed, (leaving the capsules in) early October, my first look at my breasts was horrifying and I was so traumatised but as the weeks pass I have shrunk back to a very healthy 10D/32D and even a 10DD/32DD in some brand bras.

The Surgeon I chose told me to exfoliate and massage my breasts and I have followed her instructions to the letter and I have been rewarded with a great result. I have taken weekly pictures so I can watch my progress and on my emotionally bad days, see there is a vast improvement in my breasts.

As my journey has been an emotional rollercoaster I have undertaken to build a website with a Forum and Blog. It will be up and running in January 2011, feel free to join me and read my story in full. The website will be a safe place for ladies going through the same thing can gather and talk through their feelings and share pictures of their journey. There are plenty of websites for women with implants but not for those of us going through the upheaval of removal.

Keep popping back till the website is live, thanks Lynne

www.explantinfo.com

Dr Konrat

Thank you Lynne!!!
Hi,
I live in Sydney and really want my 12 yr old pip implants removed have spoke to few surgeons but so expensive! Have also been thinking about this for a long time now just to find someone I trust and can afford! Any advice?
Thanks
Wow im in Australia and am thinking of explantation...which state are you in? Im glad to hear it didnt cost you too much!! Ive had mine for 12 years so far.... x
I have just turned 50 had silicone implants for 28 years. Silicone leaking into capsule. Symptoms occasional breast pain (initially I thought was heart problems). Booked in for removal/replacement in 2 weeks.Exercise and eat healthy, no children. Been feeling like crap for sometime now. Put down to partying years, a late starter at 33 until just recently! Including part time smoking cigs and weed /drinking/occasional recreational drugs! Not bothered to research until last night. Now am having a crisis!! Mortified at some of the stories. Realised symptoms, which I have not discussed with my g.p could be related to my implants. Including lethargy (put down to shift work/bad sleeper) dry mouth especially at night, occasional nauseousness tightness in chest, flu like symptoms, pain and burning in chest, reflux, recent slight headaches. Had acupunture 2 nights ago for headaches. My muscles in neck were tight which could explain headaches. However she diagnosed my liver and kydney weak. Been thinking the whole time I am just a hypochondriac. So what to do?????? Just have them removed and not replaced????

We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

I wanted to know if you have an opinion on something that I must do. I have to remove my breast implants because I have capsular contraction (very bad and painfull) Should I remove them wait 3 months to heal than get lift with small implants. Every Dr. gives a different opinion. Do it all at once I have been told or do it in 2 stages. I know it will be very difficult to deal with the removal and live with it for 3 months till I have a lift and new implants but it seems to make good sense to me. I am 60 years old and I don't know how many more operations I can handle if I get capsular contraction once again. I am also thinking about using Strattice (very expensive) but this might cut down on capsular conraction. Any advice from anyone. Thanks

Hi, Lynne,

Thanks for sharing your story. I tried the website - see it's not up and running yet.

I'm considering the removal procedure and have been frightened by what some call chest wall deformity.

I'm thinking about the procedure because the implants seem to have stayed higher on my chest wall while my natural breats (60+ years!) are drooping. So it's all very 'unnatural' looking right now. But I don't want to look worse after the procedure by being deformed!

Hi Lynne

My PS has advised that can be OK to keep capsules in so was interested in reading your story. How was your recovery?

You said you were happy with the size and progress after your explant and are now a 10D? Do you mind if I ask what size you were before you had the implants. Also, have all your incisions been in the breast crease?

Part of me thinks that if they are overs then there may be more stretching of the breast tissue as not such a good result. I forgot to ask at my appointment.

It is such a grey area taking them out and surgeons can only say "just have to wait and see"!!

Thanks your post and your honest report of it's like to have it done.

I have tried your website link but assuming it still in progress...!

Any advise is helpful when considering explantation!

Hi i have formed a Private facebook group, "Explant Info" if you would like to join here is the link, we can talk there, it's a great group of ladies going through the same things,

Thanks Lynne
www.lynne-hayes.com
Hi Lynne, looking forward to hear your story.

Hi Lynne! Thanks so much for sharing your story so far. I've never heard of exfoliating after explantation -- is this to help the skin shrink back?

Please keep us updated on your progress and good luck with your blog.

Hi Sharon, thanks for the comment, yes my Dr said to exfoliate every second day to promote to skin to shrin back and renew, i must say it has helped and looks better each day. I was like a snake shedding its skin for a few weeks. Thank you Lynne