Breast Reconstruction After Breast Cancer - Austrailia

Damian was the second surgeon I saw and showed a...

Damian was the second surgeon I saw and showed a very compassionate nature as well as an informative and experienced approach in his consultation. This gave me the confidence to go through with the surgery. His website gave me visuals of his expertise and my goal was to look good in a tee shirt, after having had my left breast removed due to breast cancer.

I went through 2 operations by having a tissue expander inserted in the first procedure, then over a 4 month period had my chest wall expanded. The second procedure involved taking the expander out and having a prosthetic put in it's place. Following the second procedure I developed an infection which was in no way at all related to my breast surgery - Damien visited on a daily basis and recommended a specialist to deal with the issue - he was just totally committed. I also wanted to increase the size of my breasts from an "A" cup to a "C" cup - the outcome is amazing!

My breasts are even in size, I look and feel like a whole person again, my confidence has returned. I have had many medical people (including my Surgeon, Oncologist and GP) comment on what a fantastic job Damien has done! Thank you so much Damien for making this happen.

Australia Plastic Surgeon

GP - local DoctorUpdated on 13 Apr 2013:GP - local Doctor

Looks great. I am just going into my 2nd surgery to have my tissue expander removed and the permanent silicone put in. I am questioning having nipple reconstruction? I don't want to have on breast with a protruding nipple and the other not. What are your thoughts?

Thank you,this site is great, I am finally seeing a 2nd surgeon for final revisions, this will be the fifth surgery in 2 yrs. My current surgeon has not incouraged this, which is making me even more concerned after finding out he was not board certified!!
Do your research, talk to people and trust your gut instincts. All the best