Eyes and Cheeks - Perth, AU

I have had filler in my eyes and cheeks, I have...

I have had filler in my eyes and cheeks, I have had this procedure done before but the doctors skill level was not good,I ended up with a less than perfect result, today I booked with a different doctor and the difference was amazing.The areas can be very sensitive so one hour before I applied an a numbing creme, a half a hour prior I took two paracetamol this was adequate to make the procedure pain free.
The doctor recommended my Tear troughs filled and volume filler in my cheeks, the appointment took a half an hour the results are to last 12-14 months
After the treatment I have swollen on my left eye and will defiantly have bruising, This is normal in the sensitive eye area, I will post photos in a week when swelling has subsided
I have noticed the the hollows in my eyes have gone completely and the cheek filler has lifted the bottom part of my face my doctor has advised a might need another mill in the cheek area once swelling has gone down I can decide then if I need it, in my before and after pics you will see the hollow in my eyes, my after pics are 2 hours post treatment I will post new photos in one week

3 days post treatment

Still a little tender but getting better every day

Three days

One week

The bruising has just about cleared, I am over the moon with results under my eyes have turned out exactly as I wanted, the cheek area is fantastic but I only had a half a mill in each side, considering having a little more in the cheek area .........maybe .....dont want to overdo or have that done look
Will post more photos when bruising has completely gone
Dr Anton Kruger

The doctor is the best I have ever seen, his attention to detail is fantastic , he is a very skilled injector and TAKES HIS TIME keeping you updated through the entire procedure, his bedside manner is impeccable, I would recommend any one to Dr Kruger

You look amazing. So natural
Thank you for your comments, I am really happy with results
Sats, what are the symptoms of your eye infection? Would be curious to know if it is similar to my experience.
Hi Julie, First I had a little red lump inside my lower lid in the right eye in the corner & a red dot on the lower lid. So I thought it was an infection so I called my doctor for the gel. That eye is still red but getting better but I still have the puffy eye under it. Then my left eye has a lump on the top lid inside & I'm seeing a black floater. It's still very puffy under it from the juvederm. I'm a mess & it only seems to be getting worse. I have an appt with an eye doctor tomorrow for the infection. I still haven't heard from the doctor for the desolver. I have to put the gel in 4 times a day, been putting warm compresses on too. Let me know what happen to you.
Thank you for the quick reply Sats. My eyelid area felt a bit tender/ sore but I was told that this was due to pressure from the swelling. It eventually subsided (for the most part although there is some water retention at times) but it took a while. The corner of my right eye was a little red and tender but by the time I went to the doctor it also subsided, so perhaps it was an infection that went away on its own. I am going for get another opinion next week. I found a reputable oculoplastic dr but I had to schedule 4 weeks out. The appointment is finally around the corner.
Sats, also it's great to hear the doctor discovered the infection first. Hyaluronidase is a spreading agent and can therefore make your infection much worse. It sounds like your doctor is on top of things, which is great. I know it's upsetting right now but your infection should go away with treatment. Keep us posted (and I will do the ).
Thank you for getting back. I'm so tired of guessing what the heck is going on. I"m so glad they fit me in for tomorrow. She didn't have any appts til April!! but one cancelled when i was on the phone so I grabbed it. Nothing is subsiding. How long did it take yours to?? Mine seem to be getting worse. I'm hoping by Valenties day my eyes look better after I see her tomorrow & hopefuly he'll have the desolver in by then and I have another appt with another ps on Feb 6th. I'm so glad it's winter. If it was summer and the sun was shining I'd be out of my mind. When they say snow I love it knowing no one will come over & I love that it gets dark early cause I hate looking at myself in the day light. My eyes are so blurry from the gel I don't know how I'm eveb writing.
Julie your having such a awful time x keep us posted sending lots of healing thoughts your way
Eyes still puffy after 6 weeks. Going for the desolver. I can't take this much longer. Now I also got eye infections, first one now the other & seeing a floater in one eye. Have an appt with an eye doctor for the infections so now I have to wait for that to clear before going for the desolver. What a nightmare this has been.
Darn, I'm sorry to hear that Sats. I was convinced I had an infection but I went in for a 2nd and 3rd opinion, and was told no. My tear trough area felt sore for about 10 weeks, so something went very wrong but was never able to figure it out. What are you taking for the infection? Thank you for keep us posted. I'm cheering for you! I hope the infection clears up soon.
I went back to the doctor who put the juvederm in, he said it was an infection. Not related to the juvederm. .So i called my doctor and got erythromycin. 4 times a day but have an appp with an eye doctor tomorrow. I noticed my cheek area is sore too on one side & above my left eye. I'm going crazy. I haven't been out since this happen. I can't even see esp after putting the gel in. So frigin depressed. Thanks for getting back. I feel so alone dealing with this and I have so much i have to do that I've been putting off.
If the infection is unrelated to the juvederm procedure, then you likely had it before the injection and the doctor should have noticed it. Doesn't make sense to me but I'm not a medical professional. Hang in there Sats! The most important thing right now is to clear the infection and take care of your health. With the right cosmetic doctor, you can fix the swelling and aesthetics (I have to keep telling myself the same thing).
Mandy, I just saw your picture, your eye looks exactly like mine. I had you mixed up with Julie. So I just threw another tumeric cap down my throat, put more arnica on & heading for the pineapple & my nose spray. I hate that I did this before the holidays but I thought I'd be looking good by now. I'm glad to hear it did go down. Did it leave you with wrinkly eyes or bags? So scared of that happening.
My realself board is going crazy. It's showing different pictures for people. It's Julie's eyes that look like mine. Puffy under the eye area. Sorry. I can't believe I went for scars that turned out ok, that was what i really wanted & now I'm stuck with this. I need a New Year!!
Lol stats, my eyes took a good month for the swelling on one side to go down, no wrinkles or bags I ended up with a fantastic result to this tricky area, it all comes down to the injector the swelling will go down .....hang in there
Well i went back to see the doc today. I used camomile tea bags, allergy med & tumeric pills all day yesterday. Today he said to leave it alone. He didn't want to put any injections in to bring it down altho he was surprised to see me still puffy & I'm kind of glad he didn't use the acid to bring it down. With my luck I'd have more complications. Just said to wait it out & he'll see me in 2 weeks. They did go down a tiny tiny bit but I can see that it's going to be at least another week or more. he really didn't put much under there since I only bought one vile & most was used on my cheeks. So today I got the rest of the juv that I had left over in my scars & now home for a few days. I'll be spending NY on my couch. Never again will I put Juv under my eyes. Thanks everyone for letting me know that it does take a while for it to go down. I'd be freaking out if it was permanent. I'll let ya know how it's going in case anyone else gets this done, it's nice to know your not alone.
Mandy, you mentioned that the first time you had Juvederm injected under your eyes you had less then perfect results. Did you go with Hyaluronidase to remove or wait it out? If the latter, how long did it take for the Juvederm to dissipate?
I had juvederm for my eyes last week (wed) so thats 8 days ago & I still have swelling under my eye. I went back after the 5th day & he said to wait at least 2 weeks. That I was puffy from the injection & not the amount he put in. After reading some horror stories I'm concerned that I'll need an injection to make it go down but he said not to use yet, that the injection could make things worse, that he didn't put much in there & to leave it alone. I only had 1 vile for my cheek (I have a dent & scars from laser resurfacing), eyes & a little dent on my nose. He saved a little for when I go back. I see your swelling went down in a week but you had said you weren't happy the first time you had filler in your eye. Was it because of swelling? I'm really nervous. Since you had Juv before did it cause you swelling that lasted more than 8 days?
The swelling and bruising lasted one week on one side and bout 3 weeks on the other side I would say you need a month to see true results my first experience was with restylane I ended up with a lump under one eye and bags under both eyes I looked horrible, basically the dr injecting rushed the procedure and my results were terriable this new Dr used juevderm and took his time but I was still swollen and sore give it time if no good after a month go back
Dam if i knew it would last that long I wouldn't have gotten it done. I went for the scars but my eyes looked a bit sunken so i thought since he had more left i asked him to put it there. He said he like fat transfers best for that area but i asked for the juv since he had it. I didn't know it wasn't meant for eyes, mainly around the mouth, cheeks or lower part of the face. I have an appt on monday so this weekend is going to be a long one for me. I feel better that you said it lasted that long but my one eye is really swollen so I feel so uncomfortable. It makes me feel so tired looking, like a dam raindeer kicked me. And of all times for this to happen during the holidays! Thanks for your quick reply.
I had juvederm injected under my eyes and swelling lasted for 2.5 weeks. My doctor said that he had never seen this before, but I went for a second opinion with an oculoplastic surgeon and was told that some patients see swelling for up to a month. I am 2 months post Juvderm and the swelling has subsided for the most part, but I am over filled due to Juvederm's hydrophilic tendency. On occasion I experience 20-40% additional swelling. I believe the root cause is allergies. There is no clinical research on this as fillers in the eye area are considered 'off label', but it's clear to me that my lymphatic system gets a bit stopped up by the filler. Flonase, a nasal spray that allergists sometimes prescribe to reduce allergy symptoms, reduces almost all swelling within 48 hours. However, as this is a steroid based product, I stopped using as it is not the right long term solution. However, it did seem to verify my theory that allergies amplify the swelling from juvederm in the eye area (at least for me).
Thanks Julie, I happen to be on & saw your post. I do have allergies so i just ran upstairs to use some of the nasel spray I was perscribed. How much filler did he use under your eyes? Mine only used a little but dam, my one eye looks so puffy, the other i can deal with. I noticed I also have some of a tint they talk about but I'm hoping that goes away once all the swelling goes down. I wish they would say on those commericals for juvederm that it's really only meant for the lower part of the face. Since it's been around so long I thought it was ok for everywhere you wanted a filler. I'll let ya know if the nose spray works for me too. I have an appt on monday for him to check it out. Do you think I should get the stuff that desolves it or just let it be? I kind of affaid to get it since I read it can get rid of some of your own acid & makes things worse. Ahhhh I can't imagine having this for another week let alone a month. I don't want it to stay puffy too long cause i don't want my skin under my eyes to look baggy once it goes down. I've also been trying the Arnica cream but that doesn't seem to be working at all.
I completely understand how you feel. I'm in the same boat. Juvederm is temporary so that gives some relief, but 2 years (the average time the filler sticks around under the eyes) is a long time to deal with unsatisfactory results. I think Hyaluronidase, when applied by an expert who takes a conservative approach, can be ok. However, it seems there are very few doctors out there who have extensive experience injecting Hyaluronidase in the eye area for filler removal. I've reached out to several plastic surgeons and they all seem to have minimal experience. The best option, in my opinion, is to go with an Oculoplastic surgeon. I have yet to find one as there are so few and I have to book one month out. I recently met with an Oculoplastic surgeon who seemed great but she only does surgeries. Her nurse performs the injections. It's quite possible that the nurse is very skilled, but I made a commitment to myself that if I do go with Hyaluronidase it will only be with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Not worth the risk in my opinion. My advice to you is to see if there is anything you can do to get the swelling down a bit. Time will help. You may also want to visit your allergist. My allergist agreed that my lymphatic system seemed a bit backed up, and as I mentioned the Flonase helped. This gave me a little piece of mind as I looked a lot better, and didn't feel quite so panicked. It's always best to make a decision on a cosmetic procedure when you are in a positive state of mind. As for Arnica, while I am a big believer in trying natural remedies first, I am not a fan of homeopathy. You may want to read up on it online. Homeopathy uses the 'like cures like' concept, and dates back to the 1500s. Clinical studies have repeatedly shown that it doesn't work. That being said, it's possible some herbal remedies or supplements can help with swelling. I recently ordered black current, which is supposed to be an anti-inflammatory plant extract. Worst case scenario, if it doesn't work on my eyes it should make my hair and nails healthier. I'm just starting it this week. Will let you know how it goes.
Oh and to answer your questions Sats, my doctor used one syringe for both eyes. I think I only needed half that amount. As you may have noticed, my eyes are asymmetrical. One eye actually looks decent but still more then I would have wanted. The other eye is swollen and the filler is on the eyelid instead of tear trough area.
I've been taking tumeric caps. I heard it's good as an anti anflammatory