Inner Thigh Lift - Bondi Junction, AU

11th April off to have my inner thigh lift, the...

11th April off to have my inner thigh lift, the last of my operations. I have had a breast reduction, body lift and arm lift. I must say that the thigh lift has been by far the most uncomfortable. Walking has been very painful. My surgeon used sutures and the cut is along my crease line from the top of my thigh to under my bum. Toileting is a challenge, but I use my fingers to keep the gap of my garment so it doesn't get wet. I am now 10 days post surgery and finally feeling a little better, I still have a little seepage from one wound, but doc said this is normal. My first appt last Thursday doc said how well I was walking lol. I have a compression garment which will be worn for 6 weeks. Although worthwhile, I have found this operation very emotional but am so looking forward to the end results, from what I have seen now they look awesome. You will definitely need at least 2 weeks off work.

12 weeks post op

Feeling great, back to normal exercise. Can't wait for summer to show them off, the gap I now have is awesome. Only a little disappointed with the scar,I feel it is a little lower than expected, .
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

I have lost a lot of weight through lap band surgery, they introduced me to this surgeon. He is awesome.

ok I am on my way to healing, is it normal to have a burning and stinging sensation in one leg crease, not the incision itself just along the crease and also swelling.
Hi Lb36, Yes it is, I had it in one leg only as well. It does go. I still occasionally get a bit uncomfortable I am now 5 months po. Keep up the rest.
Ok thanks so much. I thought something was wrong.
I am very emotionally distraught about my thigh lift your comment seemed to help a little this morning. I hate the scar in the crease of my bum it looks thick and nasty.
My incision seemed like that at first too. I was irratated that skin seemed to be attaching to tape. Looked like a worm. Very thick and gross. But within a few weeks after tape was removed it went away. Same on legs. Scars are barely visual next to body in creases. Leg incision is still red in color, but flatnow. I think thigh lift was tougher to recover from than tummy, breast or arms. It will improve.
Understand your feelings, I am still coming to grips with my scar, you can see it with my undies on, I think it's a little lower than expected. My understanding was it was more in the crease if my legs, but it has faded a lot.
Hopefully mine will fade also
Hello, congrats on your thigh lift, was interested in hearing about how your arm lift went and where was your scar? Are you happy with it.
Arm scar is from arm pit to nearly elbow. Scar is noticeable in a short sleeve shirt. I woke up being wrapped in ace wrap for entire arm including hands. After one week post op, I was to receive a compression arm sleeve. When I tried them in, I couldn't find one I could get on over lower arm. So I resorted back to ace wraps. I tried to modify wrap by only wrapping arm and keeping hands free to wash. But hands began to swell. So that wasn't an ootion. After wrapping for another week, I tried again the arm sleeves. I thought some swelling may have caused the lower arm to be larger. But no. I couldnt find a size that would fit right. So I revolted. I felt claustrophobic, itchy and hot. I wore nothing. I elevated with pillows and that was it. Hard to tell in my results with out being measured again. I'm 3 months post op now. I have gained some weight. I'm trying to get a handle on that. I'm disappointed in overall result. With post op swelling and shooting around, I never had my super model moment. That was never what I truly expected, but did hope my results would be noticeable. Arms have some minor numbness, and some lack of motion. But you would have to ask me in a year if it was worth it. ....... the jury is still out.
My super model moment wouldn't have been just from arms. I had breast, tummy, arm and thigh. So that's what I'm talking about.
Your tummy looks great, can't really see too much of your legs, but what i can see you look good. Have really been thinking about the arm lift, but I only want it under my armpit. My shape of arms need to go to elbow too. Not sure if ready for that. I am happy with my thigh lift though, Will be interesting to see what you think about your arms in a year. How long did you have off work for your arm lift?
I would say be off at least 3 weeks. Would depend how much u move your arms at work
I don't have pictures anywhere. ... so Im not sure what u saw
Thanks for the info on your arm experience. As for the photos I saw I was looking at C06_dragon photos, thought i had commented to her. Sorry Do you have any photos posted gwashington?
i had my neck liposuction yesterday it's been like i have it more then two weeks ago no bruising no swelling no pain thanks to vita Medica nutritient recovery kit. I was planning on having thight and arm lift my Surgeon told me I don;t need them if I decided to do them she will not be the one to do it . so I have to forget about them and have my nose revision an my neck liposuction done.I will advice any body who comtemplate on having plastic surgery to take these vitamins first.
12 weeks huh? i just had a TL currently 3 week PO and its healing slowly, although walking has been getting easier, cant wait until i can run/squat and exercise like crazy again, all this sitting around is killing me!
When were u able to sit on the toilet? I am ten days PO and cant do it. Make such a mess. Bought a female urinal and have issues with that. Can't wash feet in shower. Can't pick up stuff I drop. Cant put socks on or off. Please tell me this improves.........
It will all get better in time..... after 8 weeks I started to feel human again and started stretching a little bit. I didnt ask surgeon if I could, I had to do what brought me peace of mind.... so I started a little bit several times a day!
So 8 weeks til toilet? I hope not. Can u touch your toes?
It does improve, but takes time, do u have your compression garment back on. It seems u r having a really rough time, what did doc say at your follow up appt. straggling over toilet legs on either side of toilet helped me and was most comfortable. Or sitting on your hands as this took pressure off sitting straight on toilet.
I felt the same, but rest is the best recovery. I am 14 weeks po and feel great.
Waiting on drains out to get compression garment on. Set for removal on friday 5pm. So ready. So do u remember an approximate time for toilet use? I need something to look forward to. I will try to sit ony hands, but right now it's hard with drains attached to socks. Lots of swimg tubes and drains.
Hello I am five month PO thigh and lower body lifts, buttock lift and I couldn't even put my shoes on or shave my legs for 3 months! Now I can touch my toes but I don't have the flexibility I had prior to surgery. I can't do my yoga and I still have swelling around my LBL incision, back, and buttock.. My left buttock is a couple of inches lower then my right and my doctor just keeps telling me to focus on the positive! What positive? I was only 8 lbs over my ideal weight before this surgery, had no stretch marks from children, no scars, a normal looking vagina and now I don't. My main reson for surgery was my thighs, I wanted them debulked and tightened so I could feel comfortable in regular shorts not the ones that come to your knees and Second was My butt I just wanted it lifted. I didn't want a 20 year olds butt because at 59 I knew that was unrealistic. I don't know what to do because my dr. Is satisfying himself not me. I see him again in a month and I'm going to try to make him understand that I am not happy but in the meantime I may go to another Dr. And get a second opinion. No one on this sight has had as much trouble with flexibility as I have so to have someone mention they couldn't touch there toes well... I'm sorry if I rambled but it felt good.
Did you get a raised toilet seat with handles? It is a lifesaver. You hold onto the handles and you can hold yourself up off toilet. The other thing I got was a female urinal online that has short tubing you fit in one end and very long tubing if you need it. It in plastic and I used that for about four months was great.
Thanks for your input. It's good to ramble on no one else understands except us. My to has been great I can do anything now. Scarring a little disappointing but I love the gap in my legs ow.