45YRS Yrs 4 Children Had IPL for a Clear Face - Australia, AU

I wanted clearer skin to hide my freckles and...

I wanted clearer skin to hide my freckles and blemishes, I had paid for a special buy 3 get the 4th free. I completed 3 sessions, they went good got rid of a lot of blemishes. I just had my last one yesterday this is the result of it, never happened with any of the others and im freaking out and was in pain the first night. She tells me its normal and ill get a better result, then tells me its my fault I didn't tell her I had sun exposure after telling her I wasn't out in the sun except for taking kids around in car then said I should of had a mesh on my window.. Also denying that she told me when she was doing it the day before that she turned it up to 7 when I ask if that might of been the reason for the marks, and now says she never turned it up just used a wider head. Well I really hope it goes away soon im using pure vitamin E oil

pure luxury - She was good till I went back to see about my marks then quiet defensive.

Hello, I am so shocked that this could be done to you and then deny any responsibility, to me they look just like burns. I had ipl for broken cappilaries and redness on my face yesterday I won't be able to see good effect for 14 days but my face looks clearer day 2, another session booked in a months time will be the last with yearly matinence which has been advised to me. She has obviously turned it up too high, unfortunately the medical profession will always stick together when an error has occurred always putting the onus on the consumer, this happened to me with botox injections 6 mths ago. So sorry that you are going through this, make an appointment with a dermatologist for professional guidance.
any updates? is it better now? I know here in the US my doctor uses Biofine a lot. it's prescription free in France/Europe but is prescribed here. The lotion is used for wounds and wound dressings. It helped me heal faster after Fraxel.
Don't go to high street or franchise salons. You will get the 'McLaser' treatment by untrained money hungry salon trained staff.
Curious where was this? Was it qld?
Can you legally record your conversations with her where she says this is normal? It may help if you have a case later. Sorry, this doesn't help make it better though. There's a burn cream called infadolan that you could try. It's less than $10 and is used in burn units of hospitals. It has vitamin a and d and is soothing and perhaps healing.
Sorry this happened to you, unfortunately many have been burned by ipl and lasers. I would treat your skin as a burn, is there a burn centre nearby, or could you go and see a different dermatologist? It is not normal to have burns like that she most likely went too high and is now trying to get out of trouble by blaming you. Take pictures and try get your hands on a burn cream. So many have the same experience when dealing with providers, don't let them. I am in Australia and got damaged by laser, same thing my clinic washed their hands off me as soon as I complained.
I am in Australia and have been having IPL for 7years. My clinic is really good. They are all trained nurses even the owner. My first treatment years ago they only treated 1 sensitive area to see if there was any reaction. It was all good so the following week we started treatments 3 weeks apart. It was great to have no redness (acne rosacea). I only stopped for a while because of financial difficulties, its not cheap. We have many salons here which are cheaper and I would not trust them. Last week I had Thermage around the eyes. I am 56 and had baggy puffy eyes. It was uncomfortable and I did question what I was doing. I had no swelling or bruising and my eyes look better and feel tighter. I cant wait to see the results in a few months. Next week I am having Genesis for the Rosacea. I will eventually have Thermage on my neck. I love my clinic and the nurses.
Did anyone experience damage at ClearSkin in Australia?
Did this happen to you at ClearSkin? The same thing happened when I complained.