Help - Austin, TX

I have yet to get any procedures done, I'm still...

I have yet to get any procedures done, I'm still deciding what to do. I am tired of the looks and stairs. People can be so mean and ugly. It was hard for me to go in to even face anyone and ask for help but the day to day embarrassment out ways it by far. I am desperate and have tried this in the past but no one would help, I was made to feel ashamed.
Sonovia

So far so good, I would've like more time to discuss my options but felt rushed and like I had no right being there

Just noticed your post and wondered if you found any help yet. It took me a long time to find someone in Houston who was confident in my scar repair. You have to be sooooo careful because the wrong treatment will make it worse. I completely sympathize with your story. I have however seen lots of surgeons advertising lip repairs and the facial plastic surgeon who eventually repaired my scar under my chin does all of it including lip reconstruction. Look up my last post titled "Excellent Result with Necklift/Facelift Scar Revision,"and be sure not to any of the others I reviewed because they just couldn't do the right repair. Good luck!
No, I several appointments with my dermatologist but I just couldn't go, felt very uncomfortable there. I am interested in the doctor that helped you, may I have his or her info?
His name is Raghu Athre, M.D. He does difficult revisions to face and neck and will not judge you. You can trust whatever he says. His consultations are complimentary and he will do them long distance over Skype. I don't see how you can lose! Good luck!!
Thank you very much, I'm at a dead end and have felt alone, but you have been a great help and I will contact him ASAP.
You didn't say what type of surgery or include any pictures.
Went in for follow up and basically received the same treatment which in my opinion did no good. Dr. Cauterized the sight once again, it that will do is attract more unwanted attention, but I hopeful
Wait until you have a doctor that you feel completely comfortable with. I went to many doctors and always left feeling worse than I did before my consultation until I found the right place. It's so important. So many people can relate to the ignorant comments and "recommendations" of others. It's hard to deal with, no matter what skin condition you're dealing with. I hope you find the right doctor and treatment for you. I wish you the best.
That's the hard part, I had to work the nerve up to actually go in and face a doctor and the staff and explaining why I was there was the worst, but I'm not sure if u should look elsewhere because I don't think the dermatologist I went to really payed attention to what is was saying, just seemed like she just took my money and sent me on my way and told me to come back in a month because what she did which was cauterize the area did no good, still looks the same after it healed.
U Don't have to explain urself to any1& so what if people stare every1's different &have different ordeals to deal with, just be happys& do what u feel u need to do to enjoy life! Hugs!!
Thanks a lot, have felt trapped, I don't really like to socialize anymore. Such a small thing has had a big impact on my life. It has really taken over and dictated a lot of day to day activities. I go back to the dermatologist Monday and hopefully it will be a better visit. Holidays are coming and that's when I get the most depressed because I make excuses why I can't b home with family, which is a direct result of my issue. I just want it to go away. I feel like god is punishing me. Idk
What have u to be ashamed 4? your body your choice ! yes there's a lot of cruel peeps about but it's not there choice c
Silly phone ?? I mean it's not there choice wat u do with your body it's your decision!! y what's been said?? y do u feel upset? X
I don't have any type do decease but one would think that because the way it looks.
Meant disease sorry
Awe don't u be worry'n chick!! Live laugh & love ur new tummy:-) x
Wish it were that simple, can not hide it becuz it's directly in the center of my top lip, it's embarrassing and causes stairs and tired ofdealing with it