Excited and Anxious to See the Results - Austin, TX

Everyday I come to this site to make sure I am...

Everyday I come to this site to make sure I am making the right decision...

I am horizontally challenged and my hip circumference is making me look very heavy.. A few weeks ago I went to see a plastic surgeon to get a face lift. Thankfully, he pointed out I would get more bang for my buck to have lipo under my chin, back, stomach, hips, inner and outer thighs and knees. Has anyone had that many areas treated at one time? Any tips for me?

I am self-employed and it is so important for me to look younger than my true years. Right now, I dress frumpy and look my age. I've noticed fewer and fewer jobs are coming my way and hope this procedure will help. I am over 60.

The surgeon told me the procedure would change my center of gravity. Less knee, hip and ankle damage as I stand on my feet when I work.

I am excited about the possibilities. I had pictures but deleted them in my phone about a week ago as I was so ashamed and didn't want anyone to see them.

Photos taken pre-op

These photos were taken in a maxi I plan to wear again on day 4 to pickup my friend at the airport.

Taken pre-op

One day Post-op

Yesterday, I underwent the two hour procedure. The doctor gave me a big hug and told me everything was going to go great.

This morning (24 hours later), I am feeling great too. Yes, I am sore and yes, I did bruise. The areas were my chin, back, sides, flanks, thighs, hips and knees. I will take it easy again today.

10 Days Post-Op

Finally... the pain and bruises are fading and I can see some shape forming. It has been a long 10 days. At my last appointment, the doctor told me I had a large volume procedure taking almost 8,800 cc of fat. In addition, I lost 1.5 liters of blood. He has high hopes of my great new shape.

I am still taking a pain pill and sleeping pill at night. They are helping me get a good night's sleep.

One more week then back to work; my doctor asked what I will tell people when my clothes get too large... exercise or diet???
Dr. Caridi

how are you doing now? did it work? =)

I hope you are continuing to do well. There will be ups and downs but with patience and your positive attitude I bet this experience is going to be a tremendous success for it. Continued wellness and ease in your recovery.
I am two days post-op. I had a breast lift with implants and lipo on inner/outer thighs, hips, and abdomen. I'm glad I had my breasts done with this procedure because all the pain I am having is coming from the lipo. The boobs are a breeze compared to the lipo! I am very swollen and bruised. I would not be caught dead in public.
Hi Future Diva! I agree that you will be happy with the results but I personally would not have them done altogether. Even though it may be more money in the long run, you've got to consider your physical and mental health. I'm two weeks post-op for lipo of the stomach, back, flanks, and hips plus a scar revision from an old c-section. Let me tell you that I had been very depressed over these last weeks as the pain and inconvenience is more than I expected. I cannot imagine adding anything more to that! If my breast or face were recovering too, I think I would need round the clock nursing care. With that said, I am really pleased with the results. I'm still swollen (and probably will be for a couple more months) but my shape has changed. It's incredible. I was hippy with a stomach pooch. They are gone. I'm psyched about the change I will see once the swelling subsides. I am 54 and as you know, our health is more important than our looks. Just consider your choices. I may go back to have my inner thighs done in a year but that one area will be easier to manage than an all-body procedure.
Thanks for your response. I was so happy to see your pictures and to know you am doing much better. Just three more days until I go under the magical suction wand.
I had everything you mentioned done May 30th except for the chin. Yes, it is a lot of areas and your recovery may be longer than most, but you will be happy with the results! If you have pockets of fat in areas, then lipo can help with that. It's not good as an overall weight loss plan, though. So if you are near a normal/ slightly above normal weight and you are disproportioned, then go for it and you will like what you see in a few months!
Your photos are very encouraging to me. Thanks for your response.