Not Fully Happy with Rhinoplasty - New York, NY

I had my nose done August 2012 now is february...

I had my nose done August 2012 now is february 2013 I wanted to take the roundness of tip of nose and make nostrils smaller but I feel is a little bit of a cookie cutter and the tip nose still round I feel like before I didn't like my nose and now I hate it I know my nose will change in time and its getting better but I need to know if in two years I should get a revision I'm just scared it would be worse and look ugly

Tv

I feel the sane way as you my nostrils are uneven and my nose is unbalanced and my right nostril is bigger I have some before pics on here I wrote a tag on them but I could sure post more but yea I have An apointment on the 21 of this month
Good luck, I'm trying to chill out and get into a positive mood prior to setting an appointment. I am attractive, as you are, but when you have surgery the idea is to pay for perfection. Makes sense to me. I'm still swollen, I know it. Perhaps your nose will be balanced when the swelling is completely gone. My nose is improving, but there are some issues that are not swelling related. I'll look forward to seeing your story through.
Doesn't anyone ever go back to the Doctor and ask him to correct the issues? I'm not happy with my rhinoplasty and it's been almost nine months. It's not symmetrical, the nostrils are unattractive and uneven, the entire nose is leaning to the side and I still can't breath through my nose. I have been reading reviews like this and so far I see no surgeon accountability. My Dr. never gave me any indication that he though my nose would be difficult, and so far has not shown me any indication that he sees the issues. I'll post more later, once I have been served by the surgeon who I paid 7000 dollars to for beauty and a great nose that is fantastic. My friends have cried while looking at me and we have gotten into fights over this, because I'm not getting a lawyer. Any way, my note to you is go to the doctor and make sure your nose is balanced and symmetrical. You paid for aesthetic genius of the face, not so- so work. That's my opinion and it should be the standard. You should be happy with your surgical results. I see that your nose is not balanced, your nostrils are not even, and the nose is bending to your right. Your doctor should take care of this refinement for you as soon as it is safe to do it. I would suggest getting a second opinion, and have another doctor tell you when your original surgery has healed enough to fix the issues. Getting these issues attended to prematurely could cause addition problems. I'd like to see before pics from you if possible. Thanks for posting. Rhinoplasty isn't always about whether you are attractive, obviously you are a beautiful girl...but you paid for perfection. Otherwise, your original nose would have been okay for you. You wanted better, and you should get it for the money you paid.
Thanks everyone for your comments yes ima wait till August 14 to see my final results but it is true it takes time like before it looks like I didn't have meat due to the swelling and the tip is the one that takes the longest to heal and yes I know that makeup trick ima go ahead and try it again I havnt done it in a while
To me, your nose looks great!
I had my procedure at the end of March and there is more definition now. My situation was a functional repair after an accident. The tip is the last place the swelling leaves. Some Dr's can inject steroids to lessen the swelling. An easier and less expensive solution, you can use make-up to give a more refined look. I learned this trick from make up artists when I did modeling. Use a light concealer to stripe down the center of the nose and then a darker shade along the side walls, blending the edges carefully. It narrows a broader nose. Your photo looks nice, remember it does take a year, and while you think everyone is noticing your nose in reality, that is not the case. Most people I knew couldn't even tell I'd had surgery. We tend to be our worst critics sometimes. Try the make up tip and be patient.
What Grimaud says is very true. The type of skin is crucial to what shape your nose can have. Also age is important (not really relevant here since you are young) - because older skin is less elastic. I had my surgery in september 2012 and my tip is still swollen. Maybe you should wait the full year and then decide whether you're happy or unhappy with your results.
Would you mind sharing the name of the Dr you went to? I am currently looking for a surgeon in the Austin area for my rhinoplasty. Thanks for sharing your story.

Thanks for sharing on RealSelf! Your nose shouldn't get worse in two years. Hopefully, as the swelling continues to go down your tip will refine a bit.

I do think you look very nice and are a beautiful lady.

Aww thanks alot and I hope my tip refines too cause I feel like is still thick but will see in two years ill post up more pics later
i think the tip looks better than before.it appears more defined than before.
if you do end up going for a revision i will recommend someone...south florida area but almost all of his practice are rhinos,,,, many of which are revisions.he is an artist and a tireless worker. spent 6 hrs on me and about 10 on a person i recommended to him recently and she is absolutely thrilled...only go to someone who specializes in rhino and revisions...good luck
You have to understand - if you have thick skin there is not a doctor alive who can give you a thin,defined nose like Angelina Jolie or Kiera Knightley. A plastic surgeon explained it to me: You can refine the tip (the bone) but if you have thick skin it is like laying a bed comforter over that tip - as opposed to someone with thin skin. Thin skin is like layering silk over the tip - the definition is quite evident. Hope that helps.
What is the nam of the doctor in South Florida? Thanks
dr davis....miramar...
What is Dr. Davis's first name in South Florida? Thanks
This used to be my thoughts as well but have you seen the rHinoplasties done by the amazing Dr Rizk??? He can take the fattest bulbous,droopy nose and turn it into a work of art!!! This guy is the Leonardo Davinci's of rHinoplasties. The sad part is he is extremely unaffordable and charges between 25 to 35 k for rhino which is a shame!!! It would be an honor one day to have someone of his genius work on my nose!!! So in my opinion docs that say it is not possible to acheive a smaller nose on thick skin are just not that skilled.