A Bit of Swelling but That is Normal -Austin, TX

It’s been three months since and I had a Minimal...

It’s been three months since and I had a Minimal Incision Mid Face lift and an Eyelid lift.

When looking for a doctor to do these procedures. I wanted somebody who was board certified and who had a good reputation. I had been to Dr. Buckingham's office before for Botox. Having had that experience I inquired to see if I could have a consultation with him. It was very thorough and I felt, very much at ease. I had already done my own homework and I pretty much have decided that I was going to do it, but initially when we set it up, I was going to do it in January. I was so sure that he was going to just do a great job that I changed it to October. I actually did it three months earlier than I planned.

It was a lot bigger deal than I thought it was going to be. I had quite a bit of swelling and it wasn't pain necessarily from the incisions but the swelling was what caused my pain. I think that I had the swelling more severe than most people do, or I'm just a baby. It was a lot bigger deal in the recovery end than I had expected. When I got online I found out that everything I was going through was normal.

The office was really nice and they gave me some good direction about how to keep the swelling down. I took three weeks off. When I came back nobody said, "Oh, did you have a face lift?" Everyone who said anything at all said, "Oh, do you have a new hairdo?" I love my results, he’s definitely the best!

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am looking for a surgeon in Austin. I have heard great things about this one. I believe hie ex wife does only eye surgery. May I ask approximately cost for the surgery? Would you go back to this doc? Did you interview other doctors?
It's nice to read a post from someone further along than I am. It makes me get back in positive mode! At 5 weeks I'm not feeling as great as I thought I would be. I guess it's normal to still have ups and downs at this stage?!

Thanks for taking the time to post your review on RealSelf! If you have another few minutes and would feel comfortable doing this, we'd love to see your photos. They help the community so much!