Eyelid Lift Just One Week Ago~ Couldn't Be Happier - Austin, TX

I hadn't noticed how much my upper eyelids had...

I hadn't noticed how much my upper eyelids had started to droop until I saw it in a recent photo. I think they made me look tired and were really aging as well. I started looking online and found this website and contacted Dr. Weinfeld based on his favorable reviews. I also asked around and one of the Emergency Room doctors for Dell Children's and Brackenridge who was very familiar with the surgical skills of Dr. Weinfeld in trauma situations said that he thought he was one of THE best plastic surgeons in Austin said he thought I would be really happy with him.
So I made an appointment for a consult and wanted to schedule at the first opening and was able to get in pretty quickly due to another person's cancellation. Dr. Weinfeld was knowledgeable and completely confident that not only would I be a perfect candidate for the procedure but that I would also love my result. He was absolutely correct! It was done "in-office" and wasn't painful. He numbed the area first (the only uncomfortable part). Swelling wasn't too bad and the bruising was probably the worst on day 4 and every day since is better and better.
The pic I'm posting below is ONLY 7 days after the procedure and i still have a lot of bruising under the foundation/concealer (so why I look so oddly greenish ..and the sutures are still dissolving, etc. The suture line itself is of course, still red/purple and but so well located that it is already hard to see when my eyes are open. I can imagine in 3-6 months, when it has healed completely and I take my official post-op photo in his office, they will be perfect.
I can't recommend Dr. Weinfeld enough (and his office staff and nurses). I have my son's wedding to attend in 30 days and I am not worried in the least that they will be healed and looking great.
Thanks Dr. Weinfeld!
Austin Plastic Surgeon

Best plastic surgeon in Austin! Did an amazing job with eyelid lift just one week ago today.

Wow that is such an impressive recovery in such a short time. Clearly evidence is in the results, you researched your surgeon well.
You look fantastic! Keep posting, if you look this great after a week, I can't wait to see what you look like in a few months!
so happy for you and that i read this post..i also noticed it in a photo..(hmmm as if we dont have a mirror):))..doing it i a few hours..please wish me luck... a bit nervous..
You look amazingly well healed and exactly as I remember the upper eyelid recovery timeline to be. It is truly the biggest bang for the buck when done by a skilled surgeon. You look great! grace60
Thanks so much for sharing and welcome to the Community!  You look amazing, can't wait to read your review updates to see how you are healing :)
oh my gosh you look so pretty did you have just the uppers done?
Great result! And really rapid healing too :)
Hi! I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts. I'm having upper eyelid surgery done in a week for very droopy eyelids and I'm scared to death! PS is doing under local. I think I'd do better being completely knocked out but he only uses local anesthesia. How much pain will I likely have afterwards? (I'm a big chicken!). Thanks for the other helpful info posted. Hoping to get great results like you did w Dr. Weinfeld! Thanks!
Looking great already thanks for posting D
You look great in the photo, especially for just 7 days out!
Very helpful. Thanks for the tip on movies and days 2 and 3.
My BIG advice would be to make sure you buy Lacrilube (heavy duty eye moisturizer - more like ophthalmic ointment in a tube) at same time you pick up post-op meds- Before you even get home, have it ready. All the best eye drops can't compare to the relief you get from the ointment. For me, Dry Eyes for first few days - and sleeping propped Up bugged me much more than the pain of the sutures. . And really, discomfort is a better word than pain. (Childbirth is pain - eyelids are just discomfort ..) I took the pain medicine mostly just to help me sleep - and be aware that 2nd or 3rd day are little worse than 1st day- so just be prepared. It doesn't mean anything is wrong - just part of the healing process. Only other thing I hadn't really thought about was that with swelling and bruising and tenderness and ointment, I was more bored than I anticipated. I thought I was going to just play on my IPad and read magazines in the bed for 2-3 days, like a little spa treat - but I guess I hadn't thought it through. You will probably be better with some books on tape, great music or movies for first 1-3 days. After that, home free. Best of luck Everyone! I can't Imagine ANYoNE regretting this surgery- As far as other people knowing about the procedure - It really isn't anything Anyone- including closest family, would know! They might think you look great - happy- refreshed- whatever... but I don't think they would Really be able to put their finger on what specifically is different. Unless you want to tell people, I really do not believe anyone will ever know. I have 4 daughters (and husband) ALL said it was ridiculous, unnecessary .. Blah blah. Then.... 1 week later , same 5 people say, "oh now I see what you meant and you are right- looks SO much better 'l My doctor and I spoke about it yesterday- it is because in normal conversation, there is animation in the face and as you tell a story or express enthusiasm or any of the myriads of emotions we reflect, our eyes open big and we raise out eyebrows - or scrunch them or whatever - Things are always in motion on our face, which is why other people don't notice our drooping eyelids like we do. When I'm at home and look in a brightly lit mirror, my face is static and sagging eyelids are so visible and look sad/tired/depressed which I certainly don't feel. As I said earlier, I didn't want something new and amazing- just my own eyes 15 years ago. And one last time- anyone in Austin area, please consider Dr Weinfeld. I can't say enough nice things about him and his staff. It wasn't until i started looking at more pictures from other doctors did I realize some of them really are botched with a way surprised look. I think is is a relatively easy surgery, but done by the right hands makes all the difference. (Please excuse any typos -I just checked my email on a road trip and just thumb texting right now) This whole response may be a jumbled mess- I apologize) Best of luck everyone! You will love it!!
Is the Lacrilube an eye ointment, to be put IN your eyes?
Yes - just over-the-counter ophthalmic ointment. Ecen still - 10 days later...i ise them several times a day. The drops I'm using now are Systane Ultra- or Soothe XP by Bausch Lomb
WOW, you look great. Am having mine done in 2 weeks. Any advise for the swelling and bruising? I would appreciate any and all advise that I can get.
Yes! Ill get back to you shortly but have to keep driving right now -
1. keep suture line moist with whatever ointment the doctor provided for first 2- 3 days and after that, buy a brand new (clean) small jar of Vaseline and using a clean quip only continue to keep suture line moist for the full post-op week. Don't let it dry out to form a hard scab, which always increase the risk of scarring and are disruptive to what will be an almost invisible suture line! Vaseline - because even Neosporin or Polysporin still have antibiotic components like neomycin in them that still can irritate the skin. If you have been a good patient and absolutely Not Touched it with your hands - there is no reason the suture line should be infected or need the antibiotic ointment past 2-3 days, but still very much needs moistness of the Vaseline for healing and comfort. 2. Do nothing to disturb the suture line. Warm shower water ( not directly ) is good for it or warm compresses occasionally with those big makeup cotton discs feel good and can help tissue - just gently pay dry and put the Vaseline back on! Good luck -and again, check out what I recommend with your doctor. 3. Absolutely don't take anything like Advil, aspirin, Ibuprofen, excedrin ( has aspirin) etc. Read all the labels on what you take to tremendously reduce the bruising afterwards!
Qtip- not quip
Thanks so much for the advise.
I agree with JP......You look great. I'm having mine done this day next week. Can't wait. I pray I'm as fortunate as you.
Thanks. Post a photo, I'd live to see your before and after.
Will do. This is really useful information .....thank you for sharing. I will keep you posted. April 4 is my big day!
Wow! Did he just remove extra skin?
Yes- I think - ha You can ask him.
I think it is against their ethical code to talk about other patients :)