36, Year Old with an New Born - Austin, TX

I had an eye brow lift and Blepharoplasty, I...

I had an eye brow lift and Blepharoplasty, I always had one brow higher than the other. At first I was not happy because my brow was still uneven. But now after all the swelling went down I'm so happy I did it. I still have one brow higher than the other but it's not that obvious anymore. I love the out come and wished I did long time ago. After having my baby this was a gift to myself : )

New up date, sorry took a while.. : )

Okay ladies, some of ya asked how am I doing and wanted to see some update photos with out makeup. Sorry it took me a while but my new baby has me on my toes lol! I look tired because I been catering to the baby and no makeup.

Forgot to mention

Some asked to see how did I look before, please go to my original post click on first photo with black hair. Thanks : )
Austin Plastic Surgeon

Very nice doctor, didn't feel rushed and he answered all of my questions and educated me on this procedure. His office was always clean and quite. Never bump into another client. His office is very close to the hospital where he performs all his surgery. The office staff were very friendly. Oh and three years ago is when I first met him, I went back like four time before I could make my decision. I always went back with more questions and more questions and he was very patient with me and did not force me to get the procedure done. He didn't mind me going over and over again, he still took me serious. I live in San Antonio Tx and his office is in Austin Tx and I was willing to drive 1hour 30 minutes just to get my procedure done by him. I didn't really feel comfortable with any of the doctors in San Antonio Tx. I hope my experience help you who reads this.

Hi Nikkibeamer... My daughter was 4 months also. I did shed a lot of hair but everything worked out great and it's true small tiny scars. Don't worry as long as you done enough research on your PS and you love his work, you will have a great out come : )
You look beautiful! I'm scheduled for a mini brow lift and I'm 36 with a 4 week old baby! This is also my push present;) how old was your baby when you did this? Did you experience hair loss after pregnancy? I'm nervous that after all my luxurious pregnancy hair sheds my scars will be more obvious all the doctors say the scars are tiny is this really true?
Thank you so much with your posting. You look BEAUTIFUL! I want to have this done so bad.
Thank you for posting. I cannot see scars at all so they must b healing well. Did the dr shave the area where the incisions are? You look very pretty. Looking forward to having this same procedure.
You know that is good question. I don't think he did, but not 100% sure. He never mention he was and it didn't feel like it was shaved.. Thanks!!
Aida33- just checking to see how you are doing. How are your scars? Are you still very happy with the outcome of your surgery? I am going to a consultation this week for the same procedures you had done. Is there anything that you wish you had asked about? Sorry for all the questions - you have been so helpful in the past and I'm feeling excited, anxious, scared, etc - I think you can relate. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Hi Cindy, sorry for the late reply. Yes my scars healed, you can barely see any scars. I posted some new photos but I need to update photos. Check them out. Be sure to tell the doctor you don't want to look like you have hollow eyes. Some times I feel like I do but that may just be me so check out the photos. I would like to get some fillers on the lower part of eyes maybe that will help some but over all I'm still pleased and happy. So be sure to tell the doctor you don't want to look like you have hollow eyes unless you that look. In order not to look that way not to take to much fat from you upper eyelid. Are you getting you eye brows done as well? Because remember I got my eyelids done and eye brows lift? I know it is scary but make sure you and the doctor are on the same page and if you have an iPad show him photos of what you don't want to look like.. If I think of anything else I'll send you another message.. Trying think of anything else while the baby is entertaining herself.
Yes I will tell dr I don't want the hollow eyes. Glad to hear you are still very pleased with the outcome. Yes I am going to have an endoscopic brow lift and eyelid lift on my uppers - I have one brow that lower than the other one - that is what started me on this journey. I really hate that eyebrow and would live to have it the same height as the other one. I am very excited to have the surgeries but at the same time I am terrified that I won't like the outcome. Thanks for all your input. I appreciate it. If you think of anything else for me to ask or just something I should just know, please let me know. Thanks again.
My eyebrow lift was done with a 10" scar across my forehead, under the hairline. Incessant itching on my scalp-neuropathy. I have to take 2 oral medications for possibly 6 months to rets of my life. It makes me feel lousy. He severed 2 nerves in my scalp. He made the incision from my ear across the forehead to over the other ear. It caused itching in my ear, couldn't touch this ear for over three months it was so painful. Now it itches all the time into the ear canal. He admitted he went through all this and decided not to lift the brows because he was afraid I couldn't close them at bedtime. I got my money back. Should have sued, but had to sign a release so I can't. If anything goes wrong, DO NOT sigh the release because you cannot sue him. He admitted malpractice, but it doesn't do me any good at this point. Good luck to all.
No I'm still waiting on the scars to go away, it's only been about 3 months, I was told it takes about a year for scars to go away.. Ill update a photo as soon as I can, been really crazy busy.. Thanks!!
You look great by the way! You were pretty before and prettier after. Also question do the scars go away completely
Sorry for the delay reply, yes I will post a photo as soon as I can.
Hi thanks for your review. I am in the process of finding a doctor. I try to find people with similar eyes and results that I desire. I have really small eyes that look tired. My hope is that they will be opened and look really bright. I am so self conscious that I don't like looking at people in the eye. Do you mind Posting a picture without Eye make up
Thank you aida33 for the information. I hope someday all this misery will pay off!
It will just give more time to heal, you had more work done with the facelift and eyebrow lift. The eyebrow lift you got was more intense than the one I had done and I'm sure your doctor had a reason for using that technique on you. It can take up to a year to heal.. Just think positive and visual yourself with a beautiful out come... Good luck : ) you'll be fine, so far youre happy with the facelift and just focus on that and let your body do the work as it was meant to be, you're body knows what it's doing.
Thank you. Yes. It will take time. Way more time then they told me. It's been 6 months!!! Yes I have been thinking positive. Thank goodness for REAL SELF letting me to vent and get advice! Thank you real self. I can't wait to get back to my real self.
Hi 1953, what you are talking about is the old way for a brow lift. Here is some info I found and copy and paste The Endoscopic Eyebrow/ Forehead Lift is very popular. It requires 5 small incisions hidden in the hair and leaves no visible scar. This procedure can lift everything from the hairline to the eyebrows. It tightens and smoothes the entire forehead while lifting the eyebrow area which “opens up” the entire upper face. Eyebrow shape and asymmetry can be addressed with this type of lift. Following the procedure there will be some bruising and swelling. Patients are usually comfortable returning to their normal routine activities in about 2 weeks. I hope this answer your question. I had an eyebrow lift and eyelid surgery. I had both done. : )
Did you have the type of brow lift I had? If so what was your recovery time?
Wow, huge, beautiful difference! You look very refreshed. Thanks SO much for sharing on RealSelf.
No I don't think I did 1953, my recovery time was 2 months. I heal very slow. I didn't have pain just numbness, it wasn't painful to me but everyone is different. I only had headaches for the first two days
Wait a minute... I have a question. Is an eye brow lift the save as a full brow lift? Is that what you had a full brow lift where they cut the top of head peeled back cutting important nerves to your face. Do you have a numb tightness to your forehead and tingly feeling with extreme tightness all over the crown of your head. Maybe he just did you eye brows and protected you from all this continuos misery that is endless going on 6 months since my surgery. My face lift is fine. It cost $10,000.00. My brow lift cost $10,000. I could have saved myself $10,000. If I didn't get a brow lift.
THIS CAN BE ME IN ANOTHER 4 MONTHS! MY INCISION IS 12-14 INCHES ACROSS MY FOREHEAD, EYEBROWS ARE NO DIFFERENT THAN BEFORE. LOOKS LIKE I HAVE BEEN IN A SEVERE AUTO ACCIDENT AND MY HEAD WENT THRU THE WINDSHIELD. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS WAY IS NOT DONE ANYMORE. MY DOCTOR DID IT 2 MONTHS AGO. ITCHING ON WHOLD TOP OF HEAD IS UNBELIEVABLE.
Hi, sorry you don't see any difference as you mention. Yes from I understood that is the old way of doing that procedure but maybe there's a reason why your PS chose that procedure for you. Give it some time, I was told it can take a whole year but I started healing in 2 months. Every now and then I feel sharp pain. Sorry about what your going through but keep us posted
Thank you for posting your experience - I have one eyebrow lower than the other one and I am seriously considering this same surgery. You look great!