Couldn't Be Happier - Austin, TX

I was experiencing back and neck pain every time I...

I was experiencing back and neck pain every time I had to sit in a chair for long periods of time. I finally decided to get a breast reduction. While my main motivation for the breast reduction was medical, I am pleasantly surprised at positive psychological impact the surgery had on me. For the first time in my life, I feel entirely comfortable in my own body. I can finally wear dresses, tank tops and anything else that requires s a strapless bra. I can't think of any cons. The recovery was much easier than I expected, probably because I followed Dr. Reid's instructions carefully. I'm so glad I did it!

Austin Plastic Surgeon

I couldn’t be happier with my experience with Dr. Reid and his team. I had done quite a bit a research on many plastic surgeons, including Dr. Reid, by the time I met him, but it only took minutes from meeting him to decide that he was the right surgeon for me. He is professional, yet very approachable. I felt comfortable with him instantly, and trusted him very quickly. He took the time to answer all my questions thoroughly. Perhaps most importantly, he listened intently when I expressed my expectations for the outcome. I didn’t want to go “too small” but at the same time, I wanted to get relief from my back and neck pain. Dr. Reid repeated my expectations on several occasions, including right before surgery. After the surgery, I was thrilled to see that my results were exactly what I had envisioned. In addition to my wonderful experience with Dr. Reid, I found his staff to be very attentive and friendly. During my initial research, I spoke with Mary, who was positive and encouraging, yet never pressured me in any way. At my pre-op visit, I had the pleasure of meeting Leslie, a nurse who went over the instructions for pre-op and post-op with me in detail. Her patience and reassurance helped me feel comfortable moving forward with the surgery. On the day of the surgery, the team treated me like I was their most important patient. I met several of the people who would be in the operating room, all of whom were positive and friendly. Dr. Reid came into my room with a big smile. We discussed my expectations once more and I felt very confident in both Dr. Reid and my decision to have the surgery. I would recommend Dr. Reid to anyone and everyone, including my closest friends and family.

Hi Sandra! Glad you are so happy with your results! I found that at about the one month mark I went on a shopping spree like you can't imagine! It is so fun to try on clothes now!!

@Ana: I have two Champion sports bras. One is a racer back, the other is not but it does have a clasp that can hook the straps together like a razor back. Both of them are underwire however. I do like the way they both hold my breasts, although the racer back really bothers my neck so I don't wear it or clasp the straps together on the other one often, but I think that is just me because others really like them. The traditional racer back isn't always easy to get slipped on over your head, but it certainly holds the girls well and they look amazing in it!! I actually wear the other one as my everyday work bra (I'm a clinic nurse and I never have to worry about how it is positioned or anything and it is totally comfy!)
My ps said no wire because it presses to hard on the incision and that may cause problems. There are days now, like today, when I'm a little sore and wear my sports bra. I can't wear the underwire all day long. I usually change into my soft bra after work. I still can't go braless without some discomfort. I sleep with my soft bra still. I put on a long sleeved crew neck shirt last night. I couldn't believe how much better it
looked. I'm now looking for a comfy razor back bra. No luck yet. My new boobs are so darn firm that they don't mold into the bras like they use to :). It's a good problem.
Congrats on our bikini! That is really exciting. I guess it's way too early for me to be even thinking about bra shopping. It's been just over two weeks. Do you know why we can't wear wire bras once we can stop wearing the surgical bra? I was thinking it had something to do with the scar, but couldn't find that anywhere. I've only ever worn wire...but then again, I've always had full, heavy breasts. When my surgeon told me the surgical bra was just like a sports bra, I thought, "Oh no! I can't wear those!" Of course, I wasn't thinking what it would be like to have smaller, perky breasts. :)
I didn't have much swelling. But did have swelling from my TT. I didn't shop for a bra until wk 8. I was 34c then. I bought my first strapless bra and top that day. I was on a high when I got home :). Can you believe what we have been missing out on? Got a bikini the other day and it looks good on me. It's crazy! I had my surgery on 3/23. Almost 11 wks ago.
HI Ana,

I went from a 36DD to a 36C, very similar to you. My surgery was last month, so I'm still a bit swollen and not quite down to a C yet, but I can already feel the difference in my posture. I definitely like having smaller breasts! I bought my first off-the-shoulder shirt last week. So exciting! When was your surgery? Did it take you a while to reach your final size? If so, how long did it take until you were a C?
Hi Sandra :) congratulations! What size are you now? How long ago was your surgery? Aren't smaller breast great?! I am so happy with my smaller size. I went from 34dd to 34c.