Breast Reconstruction After Prophylactic Mastectomy - Austin, TX

I am the daughter of a breast cancer survivor. I...

I am the daughter of a breast cancer survivor. I have a gene mutation called BRCA2 that significantly increases my risk of developing breast cancer. Even though I am in my 20s I knew I wanted my breasts removed in order to possibly save my life. It was a huge decision and one that was filled with fear and uncertainty.  Looking back it was the best decision I could have made. I am so happy with the outcome. My new breasts are very realistic in appearance and comfortable even with my active lifestyle. I even got to keep my own nipples.

Austin Plastic Surgeon

Thankfully I was referred to Dr. Haydon. After my first visit with Dr. Haydon and Wanda I felt so much better about my decision. He provided me with compassion, knowledge and confidence to move forward. I am so grateful to Dr. Haydon and his wonderful team. They have given me an opportunity to live the rest of my life to the fullest.

congrats on going through with such a life changing decision, its very brave of you! Like you, i have a very strong family history of breast cancer, both my mom and grandmother lost their battle to breast cancer. Knowing that, i've been considering having a bilateral prophylactic mastectomy and would love to go to your doctor. thanks for sharing.

What a bold choice you made. I'm so glad to hear you feel it was worth it. Since you mentioned you were the daughter of a breast cancer survivor, I'm assuming your mom also had a mastectomy, is that correct?

Yes she did years ago.