Had My 24 Yr Old Implants Removed - Finally Back to My Real Self and Love It! - Austin, TX

So I'm 47 and finally had my implants removed 3...

So I'm 47 and finally had my implants removed 3 days ago. I checked the wonderful and not so wonderful experiences on this site for the last 2 months and then took the plunge. The ladies here are wonderful! I had decided that this would be my year to get healthy and I did it for myself. I will say it was the best decision I've made in a long time.

I was a 34 B when I had them done and wanted to be a D, but of course back in the 80s the doctors always "went big" and I lost out by ending up with a DD instead. I was furious, but young. I thought I had to live with them. My ability to wear button-up blouses and dresses immediately went out the door. I could also no longer buy swimsuits at most places. I hated it but lived with it and adapted.

Anyway as I grew older, they became what I can only say is "matronly". I hated it. Now they are out and I am so excited. They actually look pretty good even now. Will wait to see what happens before deciding on a lift. My surgeon prefers to wait 6 months before doing them anyway.

My surgery lasted an hour and was uneventful. The surgeon has his own surgical suite in his practice and the care is always the best at that level. I have to say they were amazing!

My surgeon found out one had ruptured and did a capsulectomy only on the one side. I have a drain, but it isn't painful. I actually stopped taking the pain medication after two days and I am a big sissy. The nurses kept in contact with me afterwards over the next couple of days and answered questions I had as they came up. I go in on Monday for my follow-up. I hope the drain will come out then since my drainage has significantly tapered off today (Saturday).

As I said above my surgeon likes to wait 6 months before determining if a lift is necessary and told me he expects I won't need one. I will post pictures if I can at a later date. I will also follow-up to comment on my subsequent appointments and recovery. So far so good!

If anyone wants to know my surgeon's name please let me know.

Went for my first follow-up appointment - 5 days...

Went for my first follow-up appointment - 5 days after surgery. Took my drain and stitches out. Out of everything, the drain was the most annoying because you have to monitor it, worry about hiding it under your clothes, worry about dislodging it and it ached a little. No numbing, but I didn't need it - only felt a little weird (slithery) when the nurse pulled the drain out. She told me to take a deep breath before she gently pulled. It only took a few seconds And, of course, removing the stitches was just little snips and pulls. The incisions weeped a little and burned a little afterwards. She told me to keep my incisions dry with gauze when in the bra and to use blow dryer to dry them after showering.

Doctor said everything looked good and stressed that I am to keep my boobies "hiked up" and compressed in my support bra. His recommendation was the Wacoal Sport Bra #855170. I got mine at Dillard's in hot pink because I figured it would be a fun color. It comes in white, black and nude also. He said i am also supposed to sleep in it.

I absolutely love him. I go back in two weeks. I will post photos at that time.
Robert Caridi

Several friends told me he was the best plastic surgeon in Austin, Tx. I also loved his personality, caring nature and openness. He spent a lot of time with me answering questions and getting to know me. His staff is also top notch and the best ladies in the world! It took a couple of weeks to get my initial consult and they got me scheduled immediately for my surgery. Best level of service I've ever had from a medical provider. He also has a great Anesthesiologist on his staff who also spent time with me answering questions.

Wanted to thank you for your recommendation on supplies for explant recovery, I'm a few weeks out and nervous and wanting to be prepared and found your forum post very helpful :). Hope you are doing well
Do you have any before and after photos to share? I don't see any, but maybe I'm blind! I'm having my implant removal surgery on 4/11/14 and I like to read everyone's comments here, including the ones from people who had surgery a year ago. How are things going for you now? Are you still happy? Thank you for all of your information. It really helps!
did your surgeon use the same incision to explant? Thank you!
No my previous scars had disappeared. They were originally underneath. He went underneath to remove the implants and the incisions are healing nicely. You can't see them because I have breast tissue that covers them. Everything is tightening up and I am going back on May 15th for photos.
Hey how are things going for you? Have you adapted ok to the new & fabulous you!
Yes everything is going great! I am so happy and everything is tightening up nicely. Went this past week and my doctor very happy with results. I am too. So great to have them out! I go back on May 15th for final post op photos. I keep forgetting to ask for photos of before and right after surgery because we always get to talking about other stuff when I am leaving. I am going to try to get them this coming week so I can post them. Removing them is the best decision I've made in a long time.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm glad you were able to get these out and are feeling healthy. Love that you bought a hot pink bra, too. Might as well have a little fun where you can.

We'd love to see your surgeon's name here, and I'm sure it would help him, too, to have a 5-star review on the site.

Please keep us posted as you continue to heal!

Hi I added his name - Dr. Robert Caridi. Thanks!