Septo/Rhinoplasty with Turbinate Reduction - Aurora, CO

I had a septo/rhinoplasty with a turbinate...

I had a septo/rhinoplasty with a turbinate reduction 6 weeks ago. I had a deviated septum, nasal valve collapse and enlarged turbinates which disabled me to breathe thru my nose. After years of treating it like allergies, i finally decided to go to an ENT specialist to get a second opinion on what was actually going on.

Finally, I was diagnosed properly and was suggested to have surgery to fix my deviated septum, turbinate reduction and the nasal valve collapse.

I had an open rhinoplasty with extensive grafting to prevent the collapse and support my native nasal cartilages . Along with that I decided to get my nasal hump reduced and my surgeon suggest a slight deprojection of my nose since it was disproportionately long for my face.

This whole process has been a crazy roller coaster for me. The recovery was hard especially the first 4 days post-op; then once the cast was removed it was even worse for me.

My nose was huge, swollen and lacked definition. No matter how much I had prepared myself for this, apparently it wasn't enough! I hated looking at myself in the mirror (especially the front). I LOVED my profile though! it looked beautiful without the nasal hump!

Throughout the weeks everyday was different, one day my nose seemed crooked the next day a dent would form, etc.

Till this day (6 weeks later) I have days where my nose looks more swollen than the day before. I am trying to hang in there and be patient (like my doc keeps on telling me) but it has been very hard!

Overall, for now i am VERY happy with my decision to get this done. There is NO price i can put on being able to breath thru my nose! :-) it feels amazing!!! Also my sense of smell has increased x100!

I still think there is still quite a bit of swelling in my tip area due to the amount of grafting and maneuvers that were performed.

But just to give you an idea i attached a before and after pic of my profile view.

Didn't work out the way it was supposed to...

After a few months my nose was still huge even after the swelling had gone down and my breathing worsened than it was before surgery.
Was left with A bunch of scar tissue, pollybeak deformity, inverted V and hanging columella.
Had a revision done 5yeras later by a diff doctor and love the results now! See my other review for review and before and after pix!
Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cares and listens to concerns. Good ENT but would not recommend for Cosmetic Rhinoplasty or surgery.