Septo/Rhinoplasty with Turbinate Reduction - Aurora, CO

I had a septo/rhinoplasty with a turbinate...

I had a septo/rhinoplasty with a turbinate reduction 6 weeks ago. I had a deviated septum, nasal valve collapse and enlarged turbinates which disabled me to breathe thru my nose. After years of treating it like allergies, i finally decided to go to an ENT specialist to get a second opinion on what was actually going on.

Finally, I was diagnosed properly and was suggested to have surgery to fix my deviated septum, turbinate reduction and the nasal valve collapse.

I had an open rhinoplasty with extensive grafting to prevent the collapse and support my native nasal cartilages . Along with that I decided to get my nasal hump reduced and my surgeon suggest a slight deprojection of my nose since it was disproportionately long for my face.

This whole process has been a crazy roller coaster for me. The recovery was hard especially the first 4 days post-op; then once the cast was removed it was even worse for me.

My nose was huge, swollen and lacked definition. No matter how much I had prepared myself for this, apparently it wasn't enough! I hated looking at myself in the mirror (especially the front). I LOVED my profile though! it looked beautiful without the nasal hump!

Throughout the weeks everyday was different, one day my nose seemed crooked the next day a dent would form, etc.

Till this day (6 weeks later) I have days where my nose looks more swollen than the day before. I am trying to hang in there and be patient (like my doc keeps on telling me) but it has been very hard!

Overall, for now i am VERY happy with my decision to get this done. There is NO price i can put on being able to breath thru my nose! :-) it feels amazing!!! Also my sense of smell has increased x100!

I still think there is still quite a bit of swelling in my tip area due to the amount of grafting and maneuvers that were performed.

But just to give you an idea i attached a before and after pic of my profile view.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cares and listens to concerns. Very professional, knowledgable, and answers all questions. Quick to respond to emails and always available to speak to you. I am soo glad I picked him to do my surgery! He is highly gifted and very passionate about what he does! Would definitely recommend him to any body looking for functional or Cosmetic Rhinoplasty!

Could u upload a new recent photo now with ur nose completely healed?
Could u upload a new recent photo now with ur most completely healed?
Could u add a new, more recent pic with ur most completely healed?
Your new nose is beautiful and perfect!
Wow your nose looks great and most important so natural!! I would never know you had your nose done if I saw you. It's so exotic and brings out your eyes. My natural bridge was like yours after your rhinoplasty and I wanted to fix my tip but ended up doing the whole thing with septoplasty. Unfortanately my bridge was lowered so much and its scooped :( Not that scooped noses are bad looking but it dosent match my face or ethnicity. Anyways, never had breatheing problems, but after surgery its been hell. How long did it take for all inner swelling to go down? Also how long did it take for congestion to go down? Also I heard turbulate reduction causes dry nose "empty nose" And i had mine reduced also. My nose is dry, and i dont know if its because im 2 1/2 mo post. When did your notice your nose to function normally with mositure and no dryness.
It's def a long healing process, sorry about your bridge! :-/ Inner nose took a while to heal due to scar tissue.. I didn't really have a dry nose prob after the turbinate reduction.. I was religious about rinsing with saline a few times a day! So it sorta kept it moisturized, i skso used ointment
I had almost the same thing done, I am about two weeks out and still a bit stuffy. I can't wait for the swelling to go down all the way but I love breathing ( :
Hello, I'm so happy for you (and a bit jealous if I'm honest!) It looks amazing!! Is there any chance you've got a before and after picture showing the front at all? :oD

Your results are gorgeous! I'm sorry you had such a hard time breathing before this, but glad you were able to get it fixed. Thank you so much for sharing your very thorough and interesting story and photos.