A New Me. ... So Excited! - Atlanta, GA

I am a 31 yr old mother of 2 in Illinois. I am...

I am a 31 yr old mother of 2 in Illinois. I am 5'5" and 190 lbs. I have fluctuated in weight over the last few years, but one thing remains constant... this gutt! I have had 2 C-sections... so no matter how much weight I loose, my stomach never goes anywhere close to flat. So, after years of consideration. I'm finally doing it. I will have a tummy tuck and lipo of flanks and bra role.... I am very similar in size to Shekahana from the Tiny & TI show. So, I am hoping for a similar result. I have lost 10lbs, and I hope to lose another 20 before the procedure..... Please wish me luck!!

So, I am extra anxious... I don't really know...

So, I am extra anxious... I don't really know where to go from here. I want to get some of the medical supplies the MD said I will need and start packing a bag, but I really don't know where to start. Also, the fact that I have to travel to Atlanta for my surgery and I live in Illinois is an added reason to pack early. We have a room booked for the entire stay (10 days) at the Holiday Inn Express; but the distance just means that I need to take all my comforts of home with me. I am not a patient person when it comes to waiting for what I want... somebody pray for me! Also, does anyone know the brand name or website of any good compression garments? Is there anything special that I should buy or have with me for recovery? Your input is greatly appreciated!

So, I'm about 2 1/2 months away from my surgery...

So, I'm about 2 1/2 months away from my surgery date, and the suspense is absolutely killing me. I am proud to say, I finally started my post surgery shopping! This past weekend, I picked up about 1/2 of my medical supplies at the store and I found a awesome front closure sports bra. For those of you who are well endowed like myself, this is a big deal! The bra is by ENELL and I found it on www.BareNecessities.com for $48.00. Yes, its a little on the expensive side, but I thought this would be important because I am having lipo of my bra roll and as you all know, compression is very important. So this bra will provide the support and back compression that I think will help to produce a good result. Also, I found great compression garments on www.contourmd.com. The garments are reasonable in price and appear to be very nice quality post surgical shape wear. The one I want to get is $37.95. So, not too bad on price. I haven't brought mine yet, but as soon as I get it, I will definitely let you all know how it turns out.

So, I'm about 2 1/2 months away from my surgery...

The countdown begins

Ok, so i can barely contain myself. I'm almost 30 days out and im feeling Fan-tabulous! I've almost finished my supply shopping, and I have my medical release appointment set for June 24th with my primary care doctor. I have put in for my LOA from work, but im secretly hoping the approve it as short term disability......... I could definately use the pay. With so much going on, I had to ban myself from the site because I would just look at it everyday and get myself all ramped up! So, to keep it brief... if anyone has any last minute tips for me, or things to do for a speedy recovery... I would greatly appreciate any knowledge you ladies have to offer. Bye for now!

2 days out!

Ok so I know it's been a while since I posted, but my time has finally come!!!! so excited, I can barely contain myself. I'm making my road trip to GA as we speak, and I've got a terrific support system in tow. my mom n dad and my girls. We have a room booked at the Redroof Inn in Suwanee GA. the online rate was $ 52 per night, so not too bad as compared to some of the other more pricey rooms. Soo, my pre-op appointment is Monday morning and surgery is Tuesday morning. I will try to keep u guys up to date as we go. Much luv and see u on the flat side.

Finally here in GA

I am so thoroughly not impressed w the red roof inn, here in Suwanee. From not having any roll always to having stains on the wall by the bathroom that look like blood, and we just killed a roach! I'm not feeling it at all. I am going to try to make another reservation some where else... the website totally lied on this establishments behalf. guess u really do get what u pay for.

Recovery: 4 weeks out

So sorry for the delay guys! I have been really so all over the place, but I'm not going to bore you with boring details. It all involves, leaving my husband, moving into my own place.... loosing my job because of the surgery....... yea. all that. but Im a survivor, and I know God's got my back! So, I'm all smiles these days... looking good and doing way more than I expected to be at this point in recovery. So anyway......... on with the show, Ive got pics!!!
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

I saw Dr. Jimerson on the Tiny & TI show, so I tracked him down from there. I did some research, and found that he had great creditials. The staff was very friendly, and I had a phone consultation with Valerie. I look forward to meeting Dr. Jimerson the day before my procedure.

You look great. Just curious... we are about the same height and weight. What clothing size were you wearing before? What about now? Did your numbers go down on the scale.
Sorry to hear about all that you are going through personally but you will get through it. A fresh start to life. You look great!
A new start to a better you. Congrats!
Thank u Vee!
You look great!
Thanx Dani!
Yep, looking good.Congrats on your new look!
thank you sweety!
Looking good! God is good hunny keep your head up and stay strong!
Thank you so very much! I am!
Hi! Just checking in...Hope your recovery is going well.
Okayyyyyy....lol! Keep us posted and om prsying for a great outcome in whch djcurves will definitely put u on the map! !!
Smh!
Cont. ..yes its a lil more like 89.00 a nite but its much more sanitary! My friend had the same prblm whn we arrived for her sx last yr.
Hey Mel there s an EXTENDED STAY TEN NINS AWAY FROM DR j's office but don't pick the one that is 20nins away ok. Thata just like where u are! Ie there is the hilton and they give dr js patient s a discount! Go to his website and it list the hotels that he works with ......
Thanx lady. They gave us a new room on the other side of the building... it's supposed to be better.. so we prayed on it! so far so good. idk what's going on in this area right now, but all the hotels are booked up for a portion of the days we need... so we will Lysol here unless we run into anymore roaches, then im gonna need a refund!
thanx. I'm definitely gonna look them up tomorrow if we have any more incidents here. lol
Gross!!! You def don't want to have a roach crawl across you when you are sleeping post TT and have to move fast!!! Ouch! Goodluck your gonna do great!
I know that's right!
It's SHOWTIME!! Sending well wishes your way. I know all will be fine; you are in good hands with Dr J.
thank you so very much, I will keep u guys up to date on what's happening!
Good luck to you!
thank you sweety!
Hi Mel i wish i happy healing and u will be fine i love dr j's work. He is the BEST! YOU'RE IN GREAT HANDS!