A New Me. ... So Excited! - Atlanta, GA

I am a 31 yr old mother of 2 in Illinois. I am...

I am a 31 yr old mother of 2 in Illinois. I am 5'5" and 190 lbs. I have fluctuated in weight over the last few years, but one thing remains constant... this gutt! I have had 2 C-sections... so no matter how much weight I loose, my stomach never goes anywhere close to flat. So, after years of consideration. I'm finally doing it. I will have a tummy tuck and lipo of flanks and bra role.... I am very similar in size to Shekahana from the Tiny & TI show. So, I am hoping for a similar result. I have lost 10lbs, and I hope to lose another 20 before the procedure..... Please wish me luck!!

Hi! Congratulations for making such a great decision! I am soooo excited for you. Dr. Jimerson performed my surgery on March 8th. I had the exact same thing you are having- Tummy tuck with lipo of flanks and bra roll and I am sooo happy with my results. I am almost 6 weeks PO but still have a little swelling in the lower abs which is expected. I think Dr. Jimerson did a great job and you too will be pleased. Please keep us posted on your journey.
Love Love Love TI!!! And jammed to escape back in the day (still do)!!! Plus Tiny's birthday is july 14th...smack dab in the middle of both our surgery dates....now that is a great sign, lol!
Yes girly get ready foe the ATTENTION cause dr j is gonna put you on the map girlfriend! !! Im working w Ms. MICHELLE she is a sweet heart and very professional! I have the best consultant. Tell dr j "team Jimersen frm 'California sd hello and i'm nxt "! Im happy for you keep ur RS SUSTAS posted ok BE BLESSED!

So, I am extra anxious... I don't really know...

So, I am extra anxious... I don't really know where to go from here. I want to get some of the medical supplies the MD said I will need and start packing a bag, but I really don't know where to start. Also, the fact that I have to travel to Atlanta for my surgery and I live in Illinois is an added reason to pack early. We have a room booked for the entire stay (10 days) at the Holiday Inn Express; but the distance just means that I need to take all my comforts of home with me. I am not a patient person when it comes to waiting for what I want... somebody pray for me! Also, does anyone know the brand name or website of any good compression garments? Is there anything special that I should buy or have with me for recovery? Your input is greatly appreciated!
oh, wow... that is so great to hear! Thanks so much for the positive feedback. Its wonderful to hear from someone who has had the exact same thing from the same doctor. I am just trying to calm myself down! I'm so jittery and anxious to get it over with... Its almost like waiting for the birth of a baby. lol j/k I really appreciate your kind words, thanks again!
Ok thank you!

So, I'm about 2 1/2 months away from my surgery...

So, I'm about 2 1/2 months away from my surgery date, and the suspense is absolutely killing me. I am proud to say, I finally started my post surgery shopping! This past weekend, I picked up about 1/2 of my medical supplies at the store and I found a awesome front closure sports bra. For those of you who are well endowed like myself, this is a big deal! The bra is by ENELL and I found it on www.BareNecessities.com for $48.00. Yes, its a little on the expensive side, but I thought this would be important because I am having lipo of my bra roll and as you all know, compression is very important. So this bra will provide the support and back compression that I think will help to produce a good result. Also, I found great compression garments on www.contourmd.com. The garments are reasonable in price and appear to be very nice quality post surgical shape wear. The one I want to get is $37.95. So, not too bad on price. I haven't brought mine yet, but as soon as I get it, I will definitely let you all know how it turns out.

So, I'm about 2 1/2 months away from my surgery...

Thanks for posting the website info, I am very up in air about what binder I want to purchase. Can't wait to hear what you think about these!

The countdown begins

Ok, so i can barely contain myself. I'm almost 30 days out and im feeling Fan-tabulous! I've almost finished my supply shopping, and I have my medical release appointment set for June 24th with my primary care doctor. I have put in for my LOA from work, but im secretly hoping the approve it as short term disability......... I could definately use the pay. With so much going on, I had to ban myself from the site because I would just look at it everyday and get myself all ramped up! So, to keep it brief... if anyone has any last minute tips for me, or things to do for a speedy recovery... I would greatly appreciate any knowledge you ladies have to offer. Bye for now!
How much was your total for ur room?? N congrads#teamJimerson!!

2 days out!

Ok so I know it's been a while since I posted, but my time has finally come!!!! so excited, I can barely contain myself. I'm making my road trip to GA as we speak, and I've got a terrific support system in tow. my mom n dad and my girls. We have a room booked at the Redroof Inn in Suwanee GA. the online rate was $ 52 per night, so not too bad as compared to some of the other more pricey rooms. Soo, my pre-op appointment is Monday morning and surgery is Tuesday morning. I will try to keep u guys up to date as we go. Much luv and see u on the flat side.
It's SHOWTIME!! Sending well wishes your way. I know all will be fine; you are in good hands with Dr J.
thank you so very much, I will keep u guys up to date on what's happening!
Good luck to you!

Finally here in GA

I am so thoroughly not impressed w the red roof inn, here in Suwanee. From not having any roll always to having stains on the wall by the bathroom that look like blood, and we just killed a roach! I'm not feeling it at all. I am going to try to make another reservation some where else... the website totally lied on this establishments behalf. guess u really do get what u pay for.
So sorry for the delay guys! I have been really so all over the place, but I'm not going to bore you with boring details. It all involves, leaving my husband, moving into my own place.... loosing my job because of the surgery....... yea. all that. but Im a survivor, and I know God's got my back! So, I'm all smiles these days... looking good and doing way more than I expected to be at this point in recovery. So anyway......... on with the show, Ive got pics!!!
Hi! Just checking in...Hope your recovery is going well.
Okayyyyyy....lol! Keep us posted and om prsying for a great outcome in whch djcurves will definitely put u on the map! !!

Recovery: 4 weeks out

You look great. Just curious... we are about the same height and weight. What clothing size were you wearing before? What about now? Did your numbers go down on the scale.
Sorry to hear about all that you are going through personally but you will get through it. A fresh start to life. You look great!
A new start to a better you. Congrats!
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

I saw Dr. Jimerson on the Tiny & TI show, so I tracked him down from there. I did some research, and found that he had great creditials. The staff was very friendly, and I had a phone consultation with Valerie. I look forward to meeting Dr. Jimerson the day before my procedure.