My $3,800 Tummy Tuck w/ Muscle Repair & Lipo on Flanks (Videos, Blog & Pics) Atlanta, GA

I elected to use the Emory School of Plastic...

I elected to use the Emory School of Plastic Surgery at Grady Hospital. because it's a well-established and affordable program. I had a Tummy Tuck w/ lipo on the flanks; total cost for surgery $3,871.00. I just had my surgery, so I'm very swollen and in a lot of pain....I will upload some pictures by tomorrow.

Thanks so much for offering your opinion on your doctor.

With more detail about your experience - such as tips for getting good results, pros/cons, before & after photos - our team can add your story to the Tummy Tuck community.

$3,800 Tummy Tuck in the A-Day 3 Post OP

I believe I have been to hell and back.....I have given birth to 2 children and had a breast reduction, but nothing compared to the pain I felt once I woke up after surgery. I have read the blogs, talked to friends who have had the surgery and watched the videos, and everyone except 1 person said that it was worth it. Now, I don't know how I will feel in 2 weeks, but right now......this was the worst decision I ever made. I'm in pain, my head is constantly spinning, I can't eat because it burns every time I try real food (from the tube down my esophagus), I have vomited, I'm hot, then I'm cold, I'm bruised, I can't walk w/out assistance, I'm just really miserable right now. BUT........I'm praying that this too shall pass. I have to get my before shots from my doctor tomorrow, but here is a shot from this morning, and I will also upload my YouTube video documentary, if allowed.

My $3,800 Tummy Tuck Journey in Atlanta, Week 1, Day 3-Pre OP

Pre OP Appt and Info

Day of Surgery....Quick Msg Before Surgery

I look a Hott Mess.....lol. Nervous and Anxious all at once, and I had reason to be! :-/

Welcome to the community.

Thank you so much for adding more details to your review. This is very helpful for others looking into a tummy tuck.  Love the videos so keep them coming:)

Hi Sarah. I will be adding updates including pictures and videos at least once a week. Today I will discuss the things I needed for post-op recovery.

My Tummy Tuck Journey in Atlanta-Post Op, Day 4

Recovery-The things needed before, during and after the TT surgery.
Glad your doing better. Happy healing!
Thank you so much.....day by day! :-)
Glad you are feeling better. I hope your recovery stays on the upswing.I will share your story with my cousin. She was considering Emory. I had my TT also on the 20th. I also got the Scarguard and Bio Oil. We will see how it works a month from now. My mom comes today from Atlanta. God bless the mothers :) Wishing you all the best.

My $3,800 TT w/ muscle repair, lipo to flanks-Post Op, Day 9

Good morning everyone. My apologies for the last video, I'm not sure why it didn't upload, but feel free to copy/paste the link in your browser to watch. I have been through a variety of things this week with my body, which led me to believe that this may not have been the best decision for me (surgery). I am so, so, so very swollen! My skin is so swollen & tight that when I eat, it makes it worse and I am miserable until it loosens some. Yesterday we went to a compression garment store to purchase my next stage garment. I understand that each doctor has they're own theory on wearing these, but I prefer to wear it. My doctor told me that it was not necessary to continue to wear my binder. :-/ I found that to be quite odd since it's the only thing that makes me feel like I'm not totally falling to pieces. lol.....Anyway, my 2nd post-op apt is in 2 days and I will bring my garment and a list of questions along with it, and they will remove my drains at that time. Yay!!! I have already started using Advanced Mederma for my stitches, and because I itch so bad, I have been massaging Palmers Vitamin E into my scar, as well. Any Suggestions for the itching, scar removal, garments or anything??? I accept them all, and thank you kindly in advance. I am still walking bent over, and cannot walk for long distances, so we have used wheelchairs the 3 times I have been outside. The weather is beautiful here, it's a shame I have not been able to enjoy it. My mother was here for the week to help care for me and that was a God-send.....she left yesterday. :-( And my fiancé works M-F, so I will be on my own, except for the few friends that I have dropping by. I have been sad a couple of times, but I have not hit the depression stage and hope I never do! I am actually planning my wedding (10/14), so I do have some (happy) things to occupy my time. My fiancé has no problem doing what I ask, but I'm like, why do I have to ask??? So, I will be happy when I am no longer dependent upon anyone for my basic needs. I'm praying that I do not wind up w/ dog ears.....I do not want to go through anymore surgeries in the foreseeable future. I cannot wait until the swelling goes completely away, and I can workout regularly again. My wedding dress should arrive around January, so I want my body to be ready for my first fitting, or at least a little closer to my goal size. :-) I guess I'll go back to bed now......nite, or morning, rather.

To Dream......

Looking good wow a teaching school that is awesome your I I incision could not be lower! They did a really good job! Continue to heal. Try a zero sodium diet almonds prunes oatmeal etc lots of vitamin c oranges and papaya as well as jello they will all help you along with your scar!
Hey Pharm.......I know, I was excited when I found them, because Emory Hospital & University is recognized worldwide. Okay, thank you for the advice.....I will try it.
I started wearing my CG on Friday after the drain was removed. By morning I felt a big change in my tummy. The swelling was a lot less and I felt better.

My Compression Garment (CG) aka a Faja

For the most part, I feel much better with my CG on.....I have fairly large breasts, so when I lay back in my recliner, I feel like I'm being suffocated. That's the only real problem I have with this suit. Other then that, I feel more secure in this.
I am I month post op.. And as like u the pain was way more than I anticipated.. I have started walking and some light aerobics and feelin better everyday . Have u sneezed yet? This still kills me. Lol
Hey Car.....Congrats, and thank God, but no. No sneezing and no coughing...... I've heard some of those nightmares, and on top of all this, I couldn't even imagine. I'm glad you're getting better though. I will read your story in the morning, until then ......Nite. :-)
I loved *Loved* the videos!! What a great idea and so informative, thank you! I go on Oct.8 and I am excited but I fear I will back out because I am simply terrified of the pain...... I can't wait to see your pics! Congrats beautiful :) God bless

My $3,800 TT Journey w/ Muscle Repair, Lipo to Flanks.....Contact info for Reduced Rate PS Program

If the video does post, please copy and paste the link. This video gives specific info and contact info for the PS program I used in Atlanta.
Looking good girl I am really interested in this place after reading your review...do you mind inboxing me some info on them I would really appreciate it. Thanks...happy healing :)
Thank you Mia......I made a video and tried to post it in here, but it won't post the actual video, just the link above.....that video tells everything and gives the phone number to call. If you have time, watch the video, because I believe it's more informative......But I will inbox you some info, as well. I've already had a few women schedule their appt's......and I'm so excited for them, because I am really happy w/ my results!!! Keep me posted!!!

Today was a good day........

Today was a really good day... Hardly any pain. I still walk bent, but only slightly..... we spent the day touring our wedding venue, having lunch, and I stopped at the office briefly...... okay maybe for a couple of hours to get some stuff done. :-) My fiance works for the government so he's been off, (of course you know that's because of what is going on in Washington)....... :-( But it's been nice having him home to help me..... everything happens for a reason, I truly believe that. This will be my second night sleeping in my own bed... Yay!!! its still uncomfortable, but it's a little bit better than sleeping in the recliner at this point. I will probably make an update video this weekend until then, until then..... believe in yourself, or no one else will!

View this video for Contact info on my Plastic Surgeon

Here goes.......trying to upload the contact info to my Plastic Surgery Program here in Atlanta. IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE VIDEO, PLEASE COPY/PASTE THE LINK ABOVE INTO YOUR WEB BROWSER TO VIEW THE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE.COM. OR VISIT MY CHANNEL-SEXYSTEFATL ON YOUTUBE.COM, AND FOLLOW MY VIDEO JOURNAL. My YouTube Video Journal includes informational videos on medications, items needed prior to surgery, recovery items, updates, plastic surgery program info, etc.

My $3,000 TT-14 Days Post-Op

UPDATE........If the video did not post, then please copy/paste the link above to view my update. Thank you!

14 Day Post Op Pics

I am still very swollen, but making progress.
My cousin had her consultation yesterday. She will have the TT with breast lift. She hasn't booked her date yet but she is really excited. I know it is with Emory but I need to find out which location she will have the surgery.
Can I ask how much they quoted her for both do you know?
Oh great!!! Keep me posted...... I'm excited for her!!!

18 Days Post Op TT Surgery.....

I'm moving around a lot more.... I'm back to eating regular foods, overall I'm just feeling a lot better. I had to go buy another binder, medium (Yay)..... and that has made a world of difference in my recovery. My binder fits a lot better......making me feel much more secure, and more comfortable. It has been a mixed-blessing to have my fiance' off from work w/ this government shutdown.....I needed him, but now with both of us off, it's time they end this ridiculous stand-off and he gets back to work. my stitches are healing well, I'm still very swollen... But I'm getting better daily. I had some setbacks with my allergies, so I had to start a new medication... But I'm off everything today. I'm happy to be healing, and just happy to be alive.
The hour glass is taking shape. You look great. I am glad you are feeling better.

22 Days Post Op

Good morning everyone. I'm feeling a lot better today. Yesterday was a hard day, because I was subpoenaed to court to testify for one of my clients..... so I was in court allllllll day. It was definitely very uncomfortable to sit on those hard wooden benches, without food, water, pain meds and then provide testimony. smh......
anyway, I'm better now. And my client's won! :-) (Not sure if I mentioned this, but I'm also a Realtor/Property Manager in Atlanta.) I woke up feeling confident and less swollen......I think I'll wear a short sundress today. My 3rd Post Op appt is in 3 days..... and I'm excited for my doctor to see my results. I'm still very swollen, but making loads of progress. It appears as though I can stand completely straight up, but I am still slightly bent. My stool and bowel movements are normal and I'm only taking extra strength tylenol as needed which is not often. In this phase, it just feels like my abs have done a thousand sit ups...... my stitches are healing nicely. I stop using the silicon strips, to give my stitches a chance to heal better. I just use vitamin E oil & Bio oil..... I massage it in really, really good....wait a few minutes and then I put cloth tape over my stitches. It has helped to flatten my stitches, and make them smooth. My doctor recommended that. That's it for now, happy healing ladies!
Thank u so much for posting ur videos on Emory I just call them hoping to get my surgery done there in December
Thank u lady. I feel better too!!
That's wonderful..... jobs with extra benefits, I love those. lol......

Update on My $3,800 TT Journey-4 weeks Post Op

If the video did not post, please copy/paste the link below into your web browser.

Girl you are a trip!!!! *Love* all your videos :) You look great! (I love your cg, did you order it online?)
Hey lady.... how have u been? lol...... And thank u so much...... No, I bought mine at a store here in Atlanta named Perfect Bodies. I believe they have a website though....... they have every size and variety of colors. It was really expensive though, $120.....I gotta find a less expensive place.....a lot less. lol....
Oh Yay.........with the exception of the pain, I had a great experience with them. I loved my doctor!!! You are very welcome, I'm so glad to hear that someone else will benefit from my postings. Please keep me posted!!! :-)

My $3,800 Tummy Tuck Journey-SWELLING Part 1 of 2

My $3,800 Tummy Tuck Journey-SWELLING Part 2 of 2

Thanx for responding! More importantly Get well soon. My cousin said wearing her compression garments helped with swelling & she has an hour glass shape post opp 4months. We both purchased waist cinchers from PrettyGirlCurvesMiami I love it. I workout in mine. Speedy recovery. I will get my questions together. Thank you again
@caligurlAtl i just watched your videos.. Thanks for sharing your journey.Im seriously going to go get a consult & set an appt. who was your Dr.? He did a good job?
Hi Jindi..... thank you. They rotate schedules, so my doctor is no longer there, but yes he did a wonderful job.....but I'm still swelling really bad, so I'm not doing anymore videos until my 3 month update. After you watched all the videos, let me know if you have anymore questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

My $3,800 Tummy Tuck Journey-Buying the Correct Compression Garment

If the video about did not post, then please copy/paste the following link.

My $3,800 Tummy Tuck Journey-Buying the Correct Compression Garment

Can you please give us an update. I would love to see your outcome.
Thanks. Ill keep you posted.
My consultation is on the 18th of this month, I really want the surgery done the same week. Can it be schedule like that?
Emory School Of Plastics @Grady Hospital

Dr. Fang is Chief Of Plastic Surgery, but your actual surgery is performed by the senior residents who rotate schedules monthly. The doctor who actually performed my surgery was Dr. Shii. I met him briefly at my pre-op appt and again a few minutes before surgery. He listened to my concerns and agreed w/ a few simple requests. Very professional, and seemed very knowledgeable.