My $3,800 Tummy Tuck w/ Muscle Repair & Lipo on Flanks (Videos, Blog & Pics) Atlanta, GA

I elected to use the Emory School of Plastic...

I elected to use the Emory School of Plastic Surgery at Grady Hospital. because it's a well-established and affordable program. I had a Tummy Tuck w/ lipo on the flanks; total cost for surgery $3,871.00. I just had my surgery, so I'm very swollen and in a lot of pain....I will upload some pictures by tomorrow.

$3,800 Tummy Tuck in the A-Day 3 Post OP

I believe I have been to hell and back.....I have given birth to 2 children and had a breast reduction, but nothing compared to the pain I felt once I woke up after surgery. I have read the blogs, talked to friends who have had the surgery and watched the videos, and everyone except 1 person said that it was worth it. Now, I don't know how I will feel in 2 weeks, but right now......this was the worst decision I ever made. I'm in pain, my head is constantly spinning, I can't eat because it burns every time I try real food (from the tube down my esophagus), I have vomited, I'm hot, then I'm cold, I'm bruised, I can't walk w/out assistance, I'm just really miserable right now. BUT........I'm praying that this too shall pass. I have to get my before shots from my doctor tomorrow, but here is a shot from this morning, and I will also upload my YouTube video documentary, if allowed.

My $3,800 Tummy Tuck Journey in Atlanta, Week 1, Day 3-Pre OP

Pre OP Appt and Info

Day of Surgery....Quick Msg Before Surgery

I look a Hott Mess.....lol. Nervous and Anxious all at once, and I had reason to be! :-/

My Tummy Tuck Journey in Atlanta-Post Op, Day 4

Recovery-The things needed before, during and after the TT surgery.

My $3,800 TT w/ muscle repair, lipo to flanks-Post Op, Day 9

Good morning everyone. My apologies for the last video, I'm not sure why it didn't upload, but feel free to copy/paste the link in your browser to watch. I have been through a variety of things this week with my body, which led me to believe that this may not have been the best decision for me (surgery). I am so, so, so very swollen! My skin is so swollen & tight that when I eat, it makes it worse and I am miserable until it loosens some. Yesterday we went to a compression garment store to purchase my next stage garment. I understand that each doctor has they're own theory on wearing these, but I prefer to wear it. My doctor told me that it was not necessary to continue to wear my binder. :-/ I found that to be quite odd since it's the only thing that makes me feel like I'm not totally falling to pieces. lol.....Anyway, my 2nd post-op apt is in 2 days and I will bring my garment and a list of questions along with it, and they will remove my drains at that time. Yay!!! I have already started using Advanced Mederma for my stitches, and because I itch so bad, I have been massaging Palmers Vitamin E into my scar, as well. Any Suggestions for the itching, scar removal, garments or anything??? I accept them all, and thank you kindly in advance. I am still walking bent over, and cannot walk for long distances, so we have used wheelchairs the 3 times I have been outside. The weather is beautiful here, it's a shame I have not been able to enjoy it. My mother was here for the week to help care for me and that was a God-send.....she left yesterday. :-( And my fiancé works M-F, so I will be on my own, except for the few friends that I have dropping by. I have been sad a couple of times, but I have not hit the depression stage and hope I never do! I am actually planning my wedding (10/14), so I do have some (happy) things to occupy my time. My fiancé has no problem doing what I ask, but I'm like, why do I have to ask??? So, I will be happy when I am no longer dependent upon anyone for my basic needs. I'm praying that I do not wind up w/ dog ears.....I do not want to go through anymore surgeries in the foreseeable future. I cannot wait until the swelling goes completely away, and I can workout regularly again. My wedding dress should arrive around January, so I want my body to be ready for my first fitting, or at least a little closer to my goal size. :-) I guess I'll go back to bed now......nite, or morning, rather.

To Dream......

My Compression Garment (CG) aka a Faja

For the most part, I feel much better with my CG on.....I have fairly large breasts, so when I lay back in my recliner, I feel like I'm being suffocated. That's the only real problem I have with this suit. Other then that, I feel more secure in this.

My $3,800 TT Journey w/ Muscle Repair, Lipo to Flanks.....Contact info for Reduced Rate PS Program

If the video does post, please copy and paste the link. This video gives specific info and contact info for the PS program I used in Atlanta.

Today was a good day........

Today was a really good day... Hardly any pain. I still walk bent, but only slightly..... we spent the day touring our wedding venue, having lunch, and I stopped at the office briefly...... okay maybe for a couple of hours to get some stuff done. :-) My fiance works for the government so he's been off, (of course you know that's because of what is going on in Washington)....... :-( But it's been nice having him home to help me..... everything happens for a reason, I truly believe that. This will be my second night sleeping in my own bed... Yay!!! its still uncomfortable, but it's a little bit better than sleeping in the recliner at this point. I will probably make an update video this weekend until then, until then..... believe in yourself, or no one else will!

View this video for Contact info on my Plastic Surgeon

Here goes.......trying to upload the contact info to my Plastic Surgery Program here in Atlanta. IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE VIDEO, PLEASE COPY/PASTE THE LINK ABOVE INTO YOUR WEB BROWSER TO VIEW THE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE.COM. OR VISIT MY CHANNEL-SEXYSTEFATL ON YOUTUBE.COM, AND FOLLOW MY VIDEO JOURNAL. My YouTube Video Journal includes informational videos on medications, items needed prior to surgery, recovery items, updates, plastic surgery program info, etc.

My $3,000 TT-14 Days Post-Op

UPDATE........If the video did not post, then please copy/paste the link above to view my update. Thank you!

14 Day Post Op Pics

I am still very swollen, but making progress.

18 Days Post Op TT Surgery.....

I'm moving around a lot more.... I'm back to eating regular foods, overall I'm just feeling a lot better. I had to go buy another binder, medium (Yay)..... and that has made a world of difference in my recovery. My binder fits a lot better......making me feel much more secure, and more comfortable. It has been a mixed-blessing to have my fiance' off from work w/ this government shutdown.....I needed him, but now with both of us off, it's time they end this ridiculous stand-off and he gets back to work. my stitches are healing well, I'm still very swollen... But I'm getting better daily. I had some setbacks with my allergies, so I had to start a new medication... But I'm off everything today. I'm happy to be healing, and just happy to be alive.

22 Days Post Op

Good morning everyone. I'm feeling a lot better today. Yesterday was a hard day, because I was subpoenaed to court to testify for one of my clients..... so I was in court allllllll day. It was definitely very uncomfortable to sit on those hard wooden benches, without food, water, pain meds and then provide testimony. smh......
anyway, I'm better now. And my client's won! :-) (Not sure if I mentioned this, but I'm also a Realtor/Property Manager in Atlanta.) I woke up feeling confident and less swollen......I think I'll wear a short sundress today. My 3rd Post Op appt is in 3 days..... and I'm excited for my doctor to see my results. I'm still very swollen, but making loads of progress. It appears as though I can stand completely straight up, but I am still slightly bent. My stool and bowel movements are normal and I'm only taking extra strength tylenol as needed which is not often. In this phase, it just feels like my abs have done a thousand sit ups...... my stitches are healing nicely. I stop using the silicon strips, to give my stitches a chance to heal better. I just use vitamin E oil & Bio oil..... I massage it in really, really good....wait a few minutes and then I put cloth tape over my stitches. It has helped to flatten my stitches, and make them smooth. My doctor recommended that. That's it for now, happy healing ladies!

Update on My $3,800 TT Journey-4 weeks Post Op

If the video did not post, please copy/paste the link below into your web browser.

My $3,800 Tummy Tuck Journey-SWELLING Part 1 of 2

My $3,800 Tummy Tuck Journey-SWELLING Part 2 of 2

My $3,800 Tummy Tuck Journey-Buying the Correct Compression Garment

If the video about did not post, then please copy/paste the following link.

My $3,800 Tummy Tuck Journey-Buying the Correct Compression Garment

Emory School Of Plastics @Grady Hospital

Dr. Fang is Chief Of Plastic Surgery, but your actual surgery is performed by the senior residents who rotate schedules monthly. The doctor who actually performed my surgery was Dr. Shii. I met him briefly at my pre-op appt and again a few minutes before surgery. He listened to my concerns and agreed w/ a few simple requests. Very professional, and seemed very knowledgeable.

Thanks. Ill keep you posted.
My consultation is on the 18th of this month, I really want the surgery done the same week. Can it be schedule like that?
I'm not sure, because you have to do your pre op tests and be cleared for surgery.....and that usually takes a week.
After I pay for my PS will they schedule do the surgery asap?
Depends upon availability.........but good luck.
Emory (404) 778-6880
Lol....glad I could help. All the contact phone numbers and additional info regarding the consultation is on my video titled "PS Contact Info."
Im also going to get my tummy tuck at emory university plastic surgery department. Very excited . I know I will love it after it heals completely. I found the number by looking up emory plastic surgery department. Thanks for all the info and pictures. They really helped me make my decisions.
Can u post update with pics and and send me the number to the school please
Hey I live in atlanta as well I been trying to get in contact with Grady for a while for tummy tuck what number I need to call please help
My video titled "PS Contact Info" will give you contact info, rates, consult expectations, etc.
Hey love! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm in Atlanta too! I really want work on my stomach. I already have enough hips and butt lol I just want a flat stomach! I've noticed it's so hard to find a doctor in Atlanta. I live downtown and I have seen a lot of places but so many of them seem like they want to rush through the process. Lol I was even thinking about going over to DR if I couldn't find one. Lol your story is so moving! I'm really excited! Is it any advice you could offer me ?
Hi Curvy.....some how I missed this comment. My advice......think long and hard before considering this option. This is MAJOR SURGERY........and 5 months post op my body still is not the same....still dealing w/ the repercussions. If I had it to do all over again, I would probably hire a trainer instead. Just being honest, I hope that helps!
Looks great!
Thank you!!!
Thanx for responding! More importantly Get well soon. My cousin said wearing her compression garments helped with swelling & she has an hour glass shape post opp 4months. We both purchased waist cinchers from PrettyGirlCurvesMiami I love it. I workout in mine. Speedy recovery. I will get my questions together. Thank you again
@caligurlAtl i just watched your videos.. Thanks for sharing your journey.Im seriously going to go get a consult & set an appt. who was your Dr.? He did a good job?
Hi Jindi..... thank you. They rotate schedules, so my doctor is no longer there, but yes he did a wonderful job.....but I'm still swelling really bad, so I'm not doing anymore videos until my 3 month update. After you watched all the videos, let me know if you have anymore questions, I'd be happy to answer them.
@CaliGurlAtl, thanks for all of your videos you have given many of us the courage to go thru, btw you're looking good.
Thank you ATLPeach, I appreciate that. Have you scheduled your surgery yet? What are u having done?
I have not scheduled my surgery yet because I have to have a hysterectomy done and I've been thinking since they're going to cut me there why not have the tummy tuck i've always wanted but have been so afraid to do. Im thinking about the beginning of the year, after the holidays.
Went to Emory aesthetic @ pace and was quote a similar price to yours the only disappointment is I can't get the surgery date I want instead of December The Dr is only available in November was not ready to do it so soon
Did u reschedule your consultation for Nov, so you can schedule your surgery for Dec? The same thing happened to me, so I just came back the next month to avoid having to repay the consultation fee again.
No the consultation was free and the reason why I can't get December is because the doctor I want is book up for the month of December a lot of women want to ring in 2014 looking sexy lol. I want this so bad I don't mine doing it one month earlier. At least in Christmas I won't be in pain and miserable but for thanksgiving I will be which is good so that mean I will eat less lol. once again thank u so much for ur video and reviews it was very help full
Girl you are a trip!!!! *Love* all your videos :) You look great! (I love your cg, did you order it online?)