Twinkle Twinkle Belly Fat, Please Disappear Just Like That! - Atlanta, GA

I decided to have smart lipo done on my upper and...

I decided to have smart lipo done on my upper and lower abdominals. I am also getting my flanks and genital area done. The doctor stated that if I didn't, that with time, fat would accumulate
And I'd look like a man (down there...) I am extremely excited and scared at the same time. Here goes nothing!

Oh Aunt Flo....

My husband and I decided to plan the vacation of our dreams last year. Well after finishing up breastfeeding our child in February, I started having my cycle again. I had my consultation in the begining of April, and our vacation was at the end. Dr. Atkins made it very clear that she would give a pregnacy test before the surgery, and in the event of it being positive I would not be refunded anything! So of coarse my monthly intruder decided that she would be traveling with us on our trip. I had the bright idea to get hormones from my OB/GYN to postpone my period. The day before we were to leave I started. I decided to take the pills anyway, in hopes that it would shorten the cycle, which did not happen. So it's nearing the surgery date and I was a week late. I knew that i wasn't pregnant, but the thought of possibly losing this much money drove me absolutly INSANE for a week and a half. Today I finally started ( again she came at the most inconveinant time) the day before the procedure. Wish me luck! This may get messy.....

the procedure...

So it about 2 and a half hours to complete the surgery. I was awake and it felt like a nice vibrating massage most of the time, and it would feel like I was getting a tattoo for very brief moments! It was durable!!!!! I put my compression garment on and was helped to the car. I slept pretty much the entire way home (3 hours). My girlfriend helped me change my bandages which I drained a ton the first and only day! Post surgery recovery was truly a breeze!!!! The next day I was truly "work out sore" ! I have felt worse from a hard hard work out than this! I have been very aggravated with the compression garment and have not worn it 24/7 like suggested by the doctor. I have seen dramatic differences in my body! I have only gotten one lump under my c-section scar (not a big deal...) It has almost gone away. My skin is still sensitive but not painful! I think the let is a good doctor!!!!! she did a phenomenal job! I can't say enough about her and the staff, they we're great in every aspect!!!!!

the procedure...

Dang T-9!!!!

Please excuse the misspelling!!! My phone automatically uploads words not intended... And there is not an edit icon for the reviews...

3 Weeks in!

starting to see changes!

a word to the wise...

I have recently publically let others close to me know about the proceedure I had. First off, my doctor specifically stated this surgery is not going to make you look fit! It will only help! It is your responsibility to become fit and actually look fit! Secondly, I have changed my entire way of life! The way I eat, the portions of meals, I try not to eat
anything processed, and I have exercised my butt off! People think that this is a fix all procedure, and its not!!!!! I wouldn't have
gotten half as good of results if I had not
became dedicated to becoming fit and
healthy! This isn't a miracle proceedure
and if that's what your looking for then get
ready for devastation... this is a
motivational proceedure and I would be at this point if not for it, but I have completely had to work very hard to get this far!

in a nut shell.

Be sure to tell positive people about what you had done. Because its very aggravating when people give the credit to the surgery and not you when you have been working and dieting your butt off for 5 months along with the surgery.

recent photos of progress

Dr. Atkins

Dr. Atkins was extremely easy to talk to and she seemed to understand all the emotions and insecurities about the procedure and myself! Dr. Atkins has this confidence about her, and how well smart lipo would work with my natural shape! Needless to say, the consultation was very promising, and I'm excited about her working with me. She refers to herself as an artist and I'm looking forward to her making me feel like a piece of beautiful artwork!

...u look really great.
Your results are absolutely AMAZING!!! Great Job making it happen.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn girl!!! You did that. You look sick as hell. ( sick meaning super super sexy ) WoooooooooooooW!!!!
You really do look amazing and should be proud of yourself! I'm having lipo on Monday and hope that it motivates me to eat better and be more active.
You look great! I hope my results are that good.
You said you had your pubic region done.. How was that? And is it painful? Also is it now smooth or wrinkly because of fat removed? Thinking about doing that area
It was one of the more painful areas (but tolerable!) It is completely smooth! But I haven't had Alot of lumps or unevenness... I would completely recommend getting this done!
She said she took out 1800 ml.
Wow. That's awesome! I read up on it and I think 500-600 ml is equivalent to one pound. I like the way your belly looked to begin with...nice and tight! Did you already go on the vacation or it is coming up? You're gonna look great in a bikini!
She said it was about 3lbs!!!! She said that I have a very long torso, that's why it didn't look like it would be that much.... Yes I have already gone, but now I might make some excuse to go to the beach!!! Hopefully things will keep looking better week by week!
I can't wait to see updated pics in a few weeks. I'm so happy for you!
Glad you are having good results! Congrats!! I also had my abdomen and flanks done recently (although, there was apparently a miscommunication and what I considered to be my flanks and asked the PS to treat was not treated). Do you know how many ml of fat/fluid was removed from you? I think I have close to the amount of fat on my belly you had. Thanks in advance for your response.
I should clarify my previous statement. The PS I allowed to treat me called the area I wanted treated flanks but the first PS I consulted with called that area posterior waist; at any rate, that area wasn't fully treated.
I am 5'11" & fluctuate between 164 to 168 pounds.
I can't wait to see your before and after pics! What is your height/weight? I just had abs, waist and bra roll done (6 weeks ago).