Having Second Thoughts About Sono Bello - Atlanta, GA

I had my consultation with Sono Bello in Atlanta...

I had my consultation with Sono Bello in Atlanta about two weeks ago with Vanessa. She was really nice. I told her that I am interested in Smart Lipo of my upper/lower abs and flanks. After she assessed me, she informed me that I could either do Smart Lipo or Venus Freeze. I had not heard of Venus Freeze at the time and she explained the procedure. Not really knowing much about it, we continued our conversation focusing on the Smart Lipo procedure.

I had my pre-op with the doctor this past Saturday. I met Dr. Klein and he seemed to be ok. In the time between my consultation and pre-op appointment, I had done some research on the Venus Freeze and was really undecided. I expressed my concern to both Dr. Marc Klein and the nurse who was assisting him. Dr. Klein told me that I would be a good candidate for the lipo procedure but he could not guarantee that my loose skin would improve. He said that it varies by patient. At this point I'm thinking well I might as well get the Venus Freeze and save $3k. The nurse sends in one of the specialist who perform the Venus Freeze procedure. I felt as if she was trying to up sell me to get both.

After we spoke I went to the front desk to check out with the receptionist whose name is Vanessa as well. She informed me that I had to make a decision the same day whether or not I wanted to proceed with the Smart Lipo or the Venus Freeze. She was not very polite, actually kind of rude. She took a personal phone call while she was waiting on me. Apparently someone was trying to get in contact her about some reservations or something. Whatever the case, it was unprofessional. She could have at least said excuse me and walked away instead of discussing her personal business in front of me. It seemed as if she was dealing with some personal issues. After she hung up her cell phone, I asked her if I could get a copy of the rest of my paperwork. Apparently she had given me copies of another patients paperwork... oopps. I still did not receive a copy of all of the documents that I signed, but my primary concern was the financial statement. So I asked her again to provide that document. After she filled it out, she then began to read it aloud. I'm not sure if she thought I would have a problem with it reading it, if she was purposely attempting to annoy me, if she wanted the audience in the waiting room to know my business or if she was just still in a bad mood from her personal issue and decided to take it out on me. So she read aloud the procedure that I am having and all of the charges. It was a little embarrassing. I mean everybody in the room knew exactly what I was getting and how much. (blush) I'm pretty sure she did it to embarrass me because I asked her for the document several times. I wasn't really prepared to pay because I just met the physician and had not done any research on him.

That was Saturday, I called today (Monday) to ask about Dr. Marc Klein's credentials and if he had any pics of his patients. The rep who answered the phone, Nicole, told me I can use Google. I politely informed her that I googled him but could not locate any of his patients pic and that he was not on the Physicians page on Sono Bello's website. She told me that he was new and that she would email me his credentials and private practice website. I did receive the email, however, there is a small about of pics and two other doctors at his practice. I can not identify which patients are his or not. My research ended there. I plan on calling tomorrow to ask for more information about Dr. Klein. He only has two reviews on Realself and I'm sure one of them is fictitious. I can't find any info on the web about him either which makes me a little worried. I've read several reviews about Smart Lipo and the healing process and I'm thinking I would just rather go with the Venus Freeze. I'm not satisfied with the customer service at this facility, nor the lack of information available for the Dr. I would really like to see before and after pics of him performing this procedure before moving forward.

If there is anybody out there who has had work from Dr. Marc Klein I would love to know about your experience and his. The sooner the better. Procedure is Saturday....

BTW... apparently Sono Bello has been sued before from a patient dying from Smart Lipo! SCARY!

Okay, so after researching a little more, I found a patient of Dr. Klein's on RealSelf... here's her review in case it helps! Keep us posted on ur treatments & how they turn out :) http://www.realself.com/review/atlanta-ga-smart-lipo-good-and-worth
Hi LFC!! I just posted my review (and before & after pics) for the same place AND for the same thing...Venus Freeze. But I think realself needs to review & accept them first. I also went in for a consult and Vannesa (not the receptionist but the other one) helped me also. I opted for venus freeze since a girlfriend of mine was already doing it and was getting great results. She showed me pics of both their patients who did vf & also lipo. Ultimately for me, i wanted to do the back of my thighs and apparently you can't do lipo back there. Anyway, it's been a couple months and I'm beyond excited about my results! i wish my pics were already up so you could see the transformation! I am considering doing lipo though but just on my waist (still undecided). I actually looked around and went to see different places only because I thought initially Sonobello was a little high but after going to 3 different med spas & researching relentlessly, I totally learned the difference between a board certified plastic surgeons and Medical "Directors" (which is what a couple of the med spas have). So what I liked about Sonobello was that they have some an assurance guarantee (which covers whatever you pay), and the fact that their main doc is the president of the Georgia Board of Plastic Surgeons (Dr. Welsh). I'm not real familiar w/Dr. Klien though. Anyway, I wish you luck and I hope you can post pics of your results! Mine should be up soon so I hope they can help!! :)
I just used Sono Bello in Tampa and am very very happy. My Dr. was Dr.Talaie. Staff was also good. I am healing well and can see immediate results.
Go see Dr. Carey Nease at southern surgical arts in Calhoun. You won't be sorry!
I don't blame you for being freaked out. I researched this for a few years before I made a decision. Dr. Klein did my surgery recently. Originally, I was not going to use SonoBello and was going to go to one of three other doctors. One of those just happened to be Dr. Klein so I was pretty excited he was working there. He used to work at some place called Premier Image Cosmetic Surgery: http://www.picosmeticsurgery.com/...I'm not sure if he still does. He may perform surgeries for both. At any rate, I also checked the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is listed as being certified. He did a great job on my surgery. And yes...I'm a real person who is sort of in pain as I type this because these compression garments are NOT FUN. :(
I couldn't find any of his patients or pics of his work online. I'm glad you are happy about your results. Can't wait to see pics! :)
Hi AJN! How are your results coming along?!? Do you have any pics? I'm considering doing my waist there at Sonobello but I'm torn between venus freeze (since I love what it did for my thighs) or smartlipo =\ Hope you're coming along great!
Based on what you wrote, I would RUN from this place and this doctor! I would never let a new doctor perform lipo on me who wasn't able to provide me with pictures of patients who he had done the same procedure on. I'm seeing red flags everywhere, from the rude receptionist to the hard-sell.
In an effort to not make this a complete waste of money I decided to change procedures and to the venus freeze treatment instead.