Just Had my Procedure Today!!! - Atlanta, GA

Where do I start.....I met with Dr. Kulkin a week...

Where do I start.....I met with Dr. Kulkin a week ago and instantly I knew that he was the doctor that I wanted. However, I still went to meet with two other doctors and I ended up going with Dr. Kulkin. From our initial meeting, he made me feel comfortable and I knew that I could trust him. A week later, I scheduled my procedure and today was the day! How was it? I was so nervous and Michelle came in and she could see it all over my face. She helped calm me down and she told the doctor that I was nervous. He came in the room and he have me a hug and told me that he was going to take great care of me. I have never had a doctor who cares as much as he does. Throughout the procedure we talked and he kept me entertained and distracted. The procedure....the shots do feel like bee stings. In some areas I didn't feel it as much. The incisions, I didn't feel at all. The lidocaine being injected, I felt that. Some areas were worse than others. But I didn't cry. Lol. Was it painful, a little but tolerable. The total procedure took approximately 3 hours. I had my flanks, abs, banana roll, chin and bra fat done. I will be going back in a few days to have my inner thighs done. I could tell a difference in my abs immediately. Of course I still have fluid and minor swelling, but I know the results will be amazing. I took my measurements prior to the procedure and some before pics that I will post soon. How do I feel now? Just a little droggy. This is a result of the Vicodin. I have minor pain, mostly because I can't get comfortable. I'm not a fan of the garment, only because I don't like stuff to be that right on me. But it's something you have to do if you want to have great results. He also gave me his personal cell phone number and told me to call him at anytime. He also called me this evening to see how I was doing. I am getting ready to go to bed, but I will post in the morning!

Day 1 Post Opp

Yesterday I had my procedure so this is day one post Opp. I wasn't in a lot of pain, I just couldn't get comfortable. I also made sure that I stayed on top of my meds and I believe this helped as well with the pain. I had the drain removed from my abs and all of the stitches removed from the other incisions. Throughout the night I woke up to use the bathroom and to empty the drain. I was able to get a good look at my abs and they look great thus far. I am scheduled to have my inner thighs done next Friday. Outside of being stiff and sore, I've been fine. I drive myself to the appointment and to grab something to eat. I have slight bruising on my abs, but nothing major. I have posted my before pics. I will take some after pics as soon as I take the garment off tomorrow. I forgot to take them when I took it off to shower today.

Post Opp Day TWO!

Feeling so much better! on a scale of 1-10, it's around a 4. I went to the mall and walked around for a coupe of hours. I think this also helped with the stiffness. My doctor called and checked on me again today (Saturday) making sure that everything was still going ok. I have posted an updated pic. The only thing that my before pic didn't capture was the huge bulge that I had right underneath my breast. That is now GONE! I am so happy and I still have a long way to go! I just started taking the Arnica pills and using the arnica gel today. I can't wait to get my thighs done on Friday!! Woohoo!!!

Day 3....easy peasy....

Well it's day 3 and outside of being tender and occasional stiffness, everything is going great! Much better than I expected. My abs of course are still swollen and that will last for awhile. The slight bruising that I had is starting to fade away. I have been taking ibuprofen for the inflamation and using arnica gel for bruising as well as taking the arnica pills. I don't know if it was the arnica pills, but I had to urinate at least 10 times yesterday! I was praying that it was more fat leaving my body! Lol. I hope everyone that had recent procedures are doing well too! Talk with you soon and feel free to ask any questions!

Day 4.....blah

Well today I woke up feeling a little meh and a whole lot of blah! I felt bloated and it looks like I have started to swell more! Feels like I'm going backwards.....but I know that this is all part of the healing process. And although I would like to look and feel good now, this. will. take. time......outside of that, a little bruising still there. The incisions look like they are trying to form a scab. Outside of that, things are pretty good. Just wish I could get rid of some of this swelling! Lol.

Day 6 Post Op

Today marks day 6! I went back to work yesterday as well as to a concert and I didn't have any problems at all. However, on Sunday it appears that the bruising began to get worse. I'm not sure why. I had been using the arnica, and it went from being very faint to a dark reddish/purple color. Of course I still have swelling and that hasn't changed. The incisions now have a scan and appear to be healing well. I will try to post a one week today with pics tomorrow. Hard to think that Friday I will be getting my inner thighs done!

Just finished getting my thighs done!

Literally just finished having my thighs smartlipo'd about 15 minutes ago. On my right thigh I could barely feel the numbing medication being injected. The left thigh was a lot more tender and on a scale of 1-10, it was about a 7. Of course they feel like jello thighs right now. Hopefully this will be a smooth and fast recovery! I'm about to drive myself home, but I really feel like I could go back to work. But I won't push it! You should be able to see my thighs in my original before pics, and I will post post op pics within the next couple of days. Happy Friday!!

Feeling GREAT!!!

So it's been 11 days since I had my flanks, bra fat, upper and lower abs and my chin done. And 3 days since I've had my thighs done! Sorry I've been MIA lately with updating, but that is because I've been out and about! First let me talk about my thighs....I had them done on Friday, went out Friday night for a birthday party and I even danced! I was certain that I would pay for it the following day, but guess what, NO PAIN! I have taken any pain meds, not even Tylenol. In addition, I worked out today, and I did modifications for exercises that involved my legs just so I wouldn't put too much of a strain on them, and still no pain. Last Thursday (1 week post op from all of the other procedures) my doctor cleared me to go swimming. No issues with swimming either. I actually feel really great and I have lots of energy! I started my weightloss plan today and I am so glad that I did. I'm being careful and listening to my body, so don't worry. In addition, I've cleared everything with my doctor prior to doing things. When he did the procedure on Friday for my thighs, he told me that I would be up on my feet in no time, and boy was he right. So far, I am loving my results and I haven't seen anything yet! I'm still icing the swelling that's at the top of my abs and using arnica. I only have two bruises left, but they are slowly going away. In addition, I have finally adjusted to the garment and it no longer bothers me to wear it 23 hours a day. Well, that's a recap of the last few days. Again, sorry for not updating and I hope those of you that recently had procedures are having a speedy and pain free recovery! XoXo
Dr. Jay Kulkin

Excellent!! He takes his time with you, answers your questions. He is extremely thorough and his bedside manner is a 10! All if his staff are equally as friendly. He is genuine and made me feel like family. He truly cares about his patients. I highly recommend this doctor!