Just Had my Procedure Today!!! - Atlanta, GA

Where do I start.....I met with Dr. Kulkin a week...

Where do I start.....I met with Dr. Kulkin a week ago and instantly I knew that he was the doctor that I wanted. However, I still went to meet with two other doctors and I ended up going with Dr. Kulkin. From our initial meeting, he made me feel comfortable and I knew that I could trust him. A week later, I scheduled my procedure and today was the day! How was it? I was so nervous and Michelle came in and she could see it all over my face. She helped calm me down and she told the doctor that I was nervous. He came in the room and he have me a hug and told me that he was going to take great care of me. I have never had a doctor who cares as much as he does. Throughout the procedure we talked and he kept me entertained and distracted. The procedure....the shots do feel like bee stings. In some areas I didn't feel it as much. The incisions, I didn't feel at all. The lidocaine being injected, I felt that. Some areas were worse than others. But I didn't cry. Lol. Was it painful, a little but tolerable. The total procedure took approximately 3 hours. I had my flanks, abs, banana roll, chin and bra fat done. I will be going back in a few days to have my inner thighs done. I could tell a difference in my abs immediately. Of course I still have fluid and minor swelling, but I know the results will be amazing. I took my measurements prior to the procedure and some before pics that I will post soon. How do I feel now? Just a little droggy. This is a result of the Vicodin. I have minor pain, mostly because I can't get comfortable. I'm not a fan of the garment, only because I don't like stuff to be that right on me. But it's something you have to do if you want to have great results. He also gave me his personal cell phone number and told me to call him at anytime. He also called me this evening to see how I was doing. I am getting ready to go to bed, but I will post in the morning!

Congratulations!  So glad to hear that the procedure was so calm and peaceful for you, and that you could handle the pain.  Take care of yourself, and we look forward to seeing the pictures and hearing how you're feeling.  Happy healing!
Glad ur happy. Post some pics

Day 1 Post Opp

Yesterday I had my procedure so this is day one post Opp. I wasn't in a lot of pain, I just couldn't get comfortable. I also made sure that I stayed on top of my meds and I believe this helped as well with the pain. I had the drain removed from my abs and all of the stitches removed from the other incisions. Throughout the night I woke up to use the bathroom and to empty the drain. I was able to get a good look at my abs and they look great thus far. I am scheduled to have my inner thighs done next Friday. Outside of being stiff and sore, I've been fine. I drive myself to the appointment and to grab something to eat. I have slight bruising on my abs, but nothing major. I have posted my before pics. I will take some after pics as soon as I take the garment off tomorrow. I forgot to take them when I took it off to shower today.

Congrats! I can't wait to see th epics. ;) Happy Healing.
I'm glad everything went well for you, I had my procedures done on Thursday too. I'm sore and swollen but not in much pain. Please keep us updated.
Thank you! I couldn't have asked for a better doctor!!

Post Opp Day TWO!

Feeling so much better! on a scale of 1-10, it's around a 4. I went to the mall and walked around for a coupe of hours. I think this also helped with the stiffness. My doctor called and checked on me again today (Saturday) making sure that everything was still going ok. I have posted an updated pic. The only thing that my before pic didn't capture was the huge bulge that I had right underneath my breast. That is now GONE! I am so happy and I still have a long way to go! I just started taking the Arnica pills and using the arnica gel today. I can't wait to get my thighs done on Friday!! Woohoo!!!

You are looking great! This lipo stuff is no piece of cake is it? I'm glad you are doing so well. I want to have upper abdomen and love handles done next but I want to heal completly from this round first. And like Bella said...this stuff is not cheap. I'm thinking January will be a good time for me and hopefully I can lose 20 pounds between now and then. Make sure to get plenty of rest.
Yay! You're looking good. I am glad you're happy with your results so far,imagine what 6 months is gonna look like. OMG! You went to the mall and friday your thighs,Damn you're two kinds of crazy! lol! Congrats! You GO GIRL! I am amazed at how many women do so much at one time or a couple of areas and then go back right away. I'll wait,lol. I am doing abs and waist in sept,but i just want to make sure my arms are totally healed and they may not be. Another thing is these procedures are NOT CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen to that! These procedures are not cheap at all! I wanted to get it all done at one time, and my doctor advised me that if wouldn't be safe. Hence why I will be getting my thighs done on Friday. Lol. I expected to be in serious pain for a week or so. So I am totally surprised how well I am doing. I can only hope and pray that my inner thighs will be the same! :)

Day 3....easy peasy....

Well it's day 3 and outside of being tender and occasional stiffness, everything is going great! Much better than I expected. My abs of course are still swollen and that will last for awhile. The slight bruising that I had is starting to fade away. I have been taking ibuprofen for the inflamation and using arnica gel for bruising as well as taking the arnica pills. I don't know if it was the arnica pills, but I had to urinate at least 10 times yesterday! I was praying that it was more fat leaving my body! Lol. I hope everyone that had recent procedures are doing well too! Talk with you soon and feel free to ask any questions!

Wow great results!!! I'm so jealous of all the areas you are having done. Way to go!!!!! You look wonderful. Looking forward to your updates!
Thank you Sandy_03!!!
About2befit, I'm glad your surgery went well. I've never had lipo because I worry that it will make my cellulite worse. Bella told me this is a skin tightening procedure. If I were younger I would consider for sure. Back on Friday? Another RS warrior! You multiple procedure girls are so strong!!! Do you have to wear compression garments with smart lipo? Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Day 4.....blah

Well today I woke up feeling a little meh and a whole lot of blah! I felt bloated and it looks like I have started to swell more! Feels like I'm going backwards.....but I know that this is all part of the healing process. And although I would like to look and feel good now, this. will. take. time......outside of that, a little bruising still there. The incisions look like they are trying to form a scab. Outside of that, things are pretty good. Just wish I could get rid of some of this swelling! Lol.

Wow, they sure got rid of the back roll. U look terrific for such a short time out from surgery. Good luck with it healing journey.
Your feelings are normal and trust me it gets better with time. You'll be running around naked in no time,lol. You're looking great. SMILE!!!!!!!!!!! ;) Drink A LOT of pineapple juice for SWELLING,walk and massage i agree with sandy_03. Keep your head up. It takes literally 6 months to get results but you will get there.
I know... The swelling sucks and it gets worse before it gets better (sorry). But that's the healing process and everyone is different. It doesn't last forever and it goes up and down. No secrets in how to get rid of it. Garment on, arnica, massage and walking and.... :) what worked for me was not obsessing about it every minute. I would take way too many pics and freak out that I wasted my money. We all think the fat is back with the swelling but it's not. Rest assured it's not. Hang in there. The fun has only just begun but you're gonna be SO happy. I mean SO happy. :)

Day 6 Post Op

Today marks day 6! I went back to work yesterday as well as to a concert and I didn't have any problems at all. However, on Sunday it appears that the bruising began to get worse. I'm not sure why. I had been using the arnica, and it went from being very faint to a dark reddish/purple color. Of course I still have swelling and that hasn't changed. The incisions now have a scan and appear to be healing well. I will try to post a one week today with pics tomorrow. Hard to think that Friday I will be getting my inner thighs done!

Congrats on the progress you made thus far :-) Your post op pics look great. Happy healing!
It's great to see someone else out here that went to Dr. Kulkin. Happy healing!!
Wow good luck on Friday! I wish you the Best! ;) You're strong to go back right away,my slow butt is taking my time to lets things settle. Congrats!!!

Just finished getting my thighs done!

Literally just finished having my thighs smartlipo'd about 15 minutes ago. On my right thigh I could barely feel the numbing medication being injected. The left thigh was a lot more tender and on a scale of 1-10, it was about a 7. Of course they feel like jello thighs right now. Hopefully this will be a smooth and fast recovery! I'm about to drive myself home, but I really feel like I could go back to work. But I won't push it! You should be able to see my thighs in my original before pics, and I will post post op pics within the next couple of days. Happy Friday!!

OMG...you are one strong lady. I can't imagine going back so soon for another procedure. I'm so glad you're doing well. Are you planning to go back to work on Monday? I want to have my abs and flanks done at some point, but with my work schedule it is difficult to schedule the time. Have a great weekend and take some time to rest :)
Now that is dedication--Realselfing 15 minutes after surgery ;).  Happy healing!!
Congrats! You're a soldier for that! Getting legs done and driving yourself home! WOW! Rest Don't go to work. TGIF ;)

Feeling GREAT!!!

So it's been 11 days since I had my flanks, bra fat, upper and lower abs and my chin done. And 3 days since I've had my thighs done! Sorry I've been MIA lately with updating, but that is because I've been out and about! First let me talk about my thighs....I had them done on Friday, went out Friday night for a birthday party and I even danced! I was certain that I would pay for it the following day, but guess what, NO PAIN! I have taken any pain meds, not even Tylenol. In addition, I worked out today, and I did modifications for exercises that involved my legs just so I wouldn't put too much of a strain on them, and still no pain. Last Thursday (1 week post op from all of the other procedures) my doctor cleared me to go swimming. No issues with swimming either. I actually feel really great and I have lots of energy! I started my weightloss plan today and I am so glad that I did. I'm being careful and listening to my body, so don't worry. In addition, I've cleared everything with my doctor prior to doing things. When he did the procedure on Friday for my thighs, he told me that I would be up on my feet in no time, and boy was he right. So far, I am loving my results and I haven't seen anything yet! I'm still icing the swelling that's at the top of my abs and using arnica. I only have two bruises left, but they are slowly going away. In addition, I have finally adjusted to the garment and it no longer bothers me to wear it 23 hours a day. Well, that's a recap of the last few days. Again, sorry for not updating and I hope those of you that recently had procedures are having a speedy and pain free recovery! XoXo

Please post some updates. Thanks!
Abaout2bfit Im so happy for you! I had it done 3 days ago and dont see any results yet, I even have 2 pouches on my abdomen :( I apply arnica and drink a lot of pineapple water and also eat a lot of pineapple, I really hope this goes away....congratulations! You look great girl!! :)
Congrats on your speedy recovery. Keep up the good work. You look great and happy healing :-)
Dr. Jay Kulkin

Excellent!! He takes his time with you, answers your questions. He is extremely thorough and his bedside manner is a 10! All if his staff are equally as friendly. He is genuine and made me feel like family. He truly cares about his patients. I highly recommend this doctor!