2nd Degree Burns Actually 3rd Degree Dr Shotwell Atlanta Georgia - Atlanta, GA

I had my procedure done January 17,2014. I will...

I had my procedure done January 17,2014. I will say that it was not worth it because I now have scars and suffered a 2nd degree burn to my stomach. I had my upper and lower abdomen done, and flanks. I have a scar on my left flank and burns on my lower abdomen. My procedure was done by Dr Shotwel at American Lipo Center Atlanta GA. I have been using this burn ointment that I ordered from Amazon shipped from China, which works miraculously (Mebo scar ointment). Not available in the U.S. If I had not found out about this ointment I will have had the worst burn scar ever. I am still using the ointment as of March 17, 2014 because all my color is not back.
Dr Michael Shotwell

Not much communication, communicated mostly with the nurse.

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this, what procedure was this exactly? They def need to take of you.
I just came across your blog and was shocked by your post. It's such a shame that you've had to suffer through this since January and I agree with all the words of encouragement from the other members of this community. I know that you have the cream you're using for the scars, but I also want to give you me, a sister in spirit praying for your overall healing. I pray that the Lord heals both your physical and emotional scars. I also pray that the Lord grant you wisdom, peace, and the spirit of boldness so that you take the right steps at the right time for a complete resolution :-) I know my comment might not be "typical", but I don't care. I'll be praying for you and speedy recovery. God bless you :-)
My heart goes out to u. I agree with the doctor that said to seek out the board of certified plastic surgeons and report ur case with documentation. We would not like this to happen to anyone else. I wonder if this has happened to any other of his patients and they just did not know of a place to post their experience. Good luck.
@ ColoradoMaiden. I agree that some may have not known what to do, because I was one of those at first until I became a member of real self, that is when members gave me advice, and one individual in particular was suppose to get her surgery there but cancelled and mentioned to them why, after the fact of loosing patients that is when I got an e-mail from them. So hopefully my process goes smoothly and I am able to get plastic surgery on their expense to fix the scarring.
Oh wow!!! Report them to the Better Business Beareau. This is unacceptable they owe you what you paid for the procedure and then some.....perhaps a major lawsuit since they won't own up to their screw-up..,,,smh
Hello dreadgurl1 you are looking good, I am too disappointed in what happened, I am headed in the direction you mentioned, because I went in to get a flatter stomach in which I came out with 3rd degree burns and scarring. So my hopes of a bikini are on hold pending my outcome of this, so maybe I can get corrective surgery to lessen the appearance of the scarring but not at my expense.
Thanks girl. ..I pray things work out for u
I just found your review and I'm hoping that things are improving for you.  Is that cream working well?  Are you considering doing a tummy tuck to move the scar down?
TwoPlusOne, the cream is working well, it takes times so from the beginning to where I am at now, it did speed the healing process up, but I still have areas where the pigmentation did not come pack yet, meaning it's still pink, so more time. Pending my outcome from this situation I will do something to lessen the appearance of the scarring, so if that means a tummy tuck, that will be later down the road, not to far down the road because I am not trying to have remembrance of this scar for too long.
Is there any difference from in the pictures you posted already?
I am so sorry this happened I did use mr. Shotwell and had amazing results.
I guessing after me posting what I experienced he is more cautious with his procedure now, but I'm stuck with the huge scars. So if me posting my experience has brought attention to his work and procedure to gives others better results than I had, I'm happy for you and whoever else goes to him. Unfortunately I cant say the same for my experience.
Please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. It is likely that all of the burned skin can be removed with a tummy tuck type procedure.
Which medical board is used for certifying plastic surgeons? ABMS, ABPS, ABFPRS, ASPS?
ABPS certifies. ASPS requires all members to be ABPS certified. The only physicians who should be performing the above procedure in my opinion should be ABPS certified.
After going to a doctor I was told my burns were 3rd degree.
OMG, my heart hurts seeing this. I'm soo sorry that happened to you. I pray that you are healing nicely and that they compensate you for what they have done. Nobody every wants to do plastic surgery and have a bad outcome.
I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.  How are you doing now?  Any progress?
The cream you ordered, from China, do you think it will work on old marks as well?
wow. So sorry this happen to you. I think you really should sue; this is not good. Hope you feel better.
I'm so sorry this happened to you, I was interested in getting my procedure done there but now I'm having serious doubts, did they give you any explanation to how or why this happened? And how its appeared on the top of your skin?
@ timwo I asked about why it happened I asked was the laser on too high she said no it's the same temperature for all patients, which I find it hard to believe, because my friend and I went on the same day and she has no burns. So I have no reason on why and how it happened. Upon requesting my consent risk form that advises you of the risk I have not received it because second degree burns are not in there. The office in Atlanta has stopped replying to my e-mails after I requested it.
I believe I spoke with the same women from corporate and she claims they're taking your situation very seriously, thank you so much for your post informing everyone about your case, I hope your compensated for your pain and suffering even though I know that won't completely fix your problem. Your friend that went with you, does she also have scars from the incisions?
timwo, I'm looking into Dr. Boutte in ATL.
Hi Timwo I’m Tati3261 friend that went with her and got the procedure done same day. Yes I did get burned too. It just wasn’t as bad as Tati3261. I also have the same markings on my body which is now keyloiding.