New Life! - Atlanta, GA

Having my Vertical Sleeve was the best thing I...

Having my Vertical Sleeve was the best thing I have ever done for myself or my family. I have lost 100 lbs. and feel fabulous! I have my life back, I play with my children and I am able to love myself.

I used Dr. Paul Macik in Atlanta and would NOT recommend anyone other than him! He is the best and knows what he is doing without a doubt.

2 Years Since I Started My New Life

Wow, two years has gone by so fast! When I look back I remember thinking I am never going to get this surgery approved, I will never be on that new road, I will never.... Well "never" arrived and passed two years ago. I am so happy and most of all healthy! I can keep up with my 5 year old son and actually enjoy playing with him. I look forward to every morning and have found a passion in trying to out do the day before. I added an app to my phone that keeps up with how much I walk in a day and each day I try to go more than I did the day before.
I decided to go back to work almost a year ago. It is so nice to be able to get up each morning and look forward to the day. Each afternoon for lunch, I head over to the mall and walk. So many times I have caught a reflection of myself in the windows and wondered who I was looking at. It is amazing how much my health has changed but how much my appearance has changed as well. I have changed so fast that I find my brain has had a really hard time keeping up with my outside appearance. I have a new passion for Goodwill and other thrift stores. It has become a challenge and adventure to find the prettiest clothing at the cheapest prices.

Not only are the appearance changes and health changes wonderful but I love searching for healthy recipes. Coming up with tasty and healthy dishes to eat is fun. I have found that my tastes have changed since surgery. Things I loved to eat before I have no interest in now. Foods I would never have touched in the past, I crave now. Life is so different and wonderful. I tell others it is like the Claritin commercial where they roll the the film back and have a brighter more colorful world. My world has become much brighter and more beautiful than ever!

As I said before there is only ONE doctor I would ever trust for my vertical sleeve and he is Dr. Paul Macik. Thank you Dr. Macik for helping me to achieve my potential.
Paul Macik

Dr. Macik is without a doubt the best surgeon and most knowledgeable. I would NOT recommend anyone else. If you want to speak with me about him, drop me a message.

WOW!!! u look amazing !! what is ur current weight! do post more pics up! you look soooo good! Im in the process of getting my sleeve done hopefully in 3 mo or so im also diabetic type II thanks for sharing!
It's so nice to hear about someone who has VGS and a couple of years down the line. You look so elegant!
Your journey is so inspiring!
Thank you! It is the best thing I have done for me in my life!

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

You look amazing in your before/after and have obviously put a lot of hard work and effort into your weight loss. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you weight pre-op?

Sorry I did not see your comment before now. The day of surgery I was 242 and wore a size 22 - 24. I now 135 and in a 6 - 8.

Oh that's awesome, you've done really well!

Thank you! It's been a long road but so worth it!