New Life! - Atlanta, GA

Having my Vertical Sleeve was the best thing I...

Having my Vertical Sleeve was the best thing I have ever done for myself or my family. I have lost 100 lbs. and feel fabulous! I have my life back, I play with my children and I am able to love myself.

I used Dr. Paul Macik in Atlanta and would NOT recommend anyone other than him! He is the best and knows what he is doing without a doubt.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

You look amazing in your before/after and have obviously put a lot of hard work and effort into your weight loss. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you weight pre-op?

Sorry I did not see your comment before now. The day of surgery I was 242 and wore a size 22 - 24. I now 135 and in a 6 - 8.

Oh that's awesome, you've done really well!

2 Years Since I Started My New Life

Wow, two years has gone by so fast! When I look back I remember thinking I am never going to get this surgery approved, I will never be on that new road, I will never.... Well "never" arrived and passed two years ago. I am so happy and most of all healthy! I can keep up with my 5 year old son and actually enjoy playing with him. I look forward to every morning and have found a passion in trying to out do the day before. I added an app to my phone that keeps up with how much I walk in a day and each day I try to go more than I did the day before.
I decided to go back to work almost a year ago. It is so nice to be able to get up each morning and look forward to the day. Each afternoon for lunch, I head over to the mall and walk. So many times I have caught a reflection of myself in the windows and wondered who I was looking at. It is amazing how much my health has changed but how much my appearance has changed as well. I have changed so fast that I find my brain has had a really hard time keeping up with my outside appearance. I have a new passion for Goodwill and other thrift stores. It has become a challenge and adventure to find the prettiest clothing at the cheapest prices.

Not only are the appearance changes and health changes wonderful but I love searching for healthy recipes. Coming up with tasty and healthy dishes to eat is fun. I have found that my tastes have changed since surgery. Things I loved to eat before I have no interest in now. Foods I would never have touched in the past, I crave now. Life is so different and wonderful. I tell others it is like the Claritin commercial where they roll the the film back and have a brighter more colorful world. My world has become much brighter and more beautiful than ever!

As I said before there is only ONE doctor I would ever trust for my vertical sleeve and he is Dr. Paul Macik. Thank you Dr. Macik for helping me to achieve my potential.
Dr. Macik is doing my surgery on 8/27/14! I'm so excited and happy to hear about your awesome experience! I'd go tomorrow if I could!!! What advice do you have for the 2 weeks pre-op and what to take to hospital?
hi! i was sleeved with Dr. Macik as well - agreed he one of the top surgeons in Atlanta for this procedure!
It's great to hear from someone 2 years out. You look fabulous! I can only hope mine will go so well.
Paul Macik

Dr. Macik is without a doubt the best surgeon and most knowledgeable. I would NOT recommend anyone else. If you want to speak with me about him, drop me a message.